• Views 425,029
  • Replies 768
  • Likes 53

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cybernatus When trying out new stuff I usually turn on the debug server in settings cause it lists off all filesystem calls for getstat and open/read on files so you can see where/when it breaks, if it's the code or some file it doesn't like opening
Screenshot_103.png
It was how I could tell Epic Mickey 2 was still running and hadn't crashed or anything, cause it'd spit out bunches of
[110] Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
[110] Exit
if it crashed, just took forever after it opened the /Shaders folder

Reactions: Cybernatus

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@NWPlayer123 Well, I'm afraid I'm unable to provide you any log regarding these games cause Loadiine_server does not receive any data once one of both games is launched (Waited for 15 minutes long). I've tried with the ones that works and datas are received immediately.
Heh.. Not so funky..

EDIT : Providing result of Loadiine running then tries to run the game. Badaboum!

gc_screen_loadiineserver.jpg

Last edited by Cybernatus,
Reactions: NWPlayer123

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
does this make my 5.3.0 Wii U dump higher firmware games like Xenoblade X and play them without spoofing?

Thanks!!

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cybernatus When trying out new stuff I usually turn on the debug server in settings cause it lists off all filesystem calls for getstat and open/read on files so you can see where/when it breaks, if it's the code or some file it doesn't like opening
It was how I could tell Epic Mickey 2 was still running and hadn't crashed or anything, cause it'd spit out bunches of
[110] Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
[110] Exit
if it crashed, just took forever after it opened the /Shaders folder
Out of curiosity, how do you enable the debug server? Is it on the app on the Wii U or the Desktop app?

Edit: Realized that it has to do with loadiine and not related to do with DDD, sorry about that.

Last edited by CuriousTommy,

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Ha, the friend who @Fjar is reffering to is actually me (Yes, it's me again, big user of DDD :3), I wasn't quite sure of how to present the issue I encounter regarding 2 dumped eShop games I have, cause the symptoms aren't quite evident to analyze compared to my last japanese dumps [Thanks once again fo the help I've got here]. Plus, with my little investigation inside their respective folders, I'm not really sure if the problem comes from DDD or Loadiine (See below).

Nevertheless, I'll try to share the maximum informations I have about this issue :

Games names are "Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition" & "Shantae And The Pirate's Curse" from EUR eShop. For both these titles, the following actions have been completed :
- Dumped using DDD 0.1 (titledumper 0.1) & DDD 0.2 (titledumper 0.2)
- Each dump ended without visible errors from both sides WiiU & titledumper CMD prompt
- Tried with 2 volunteers from others regions on many different versions of Loadiine (V2 to GX2 0.3) and system versions (5.3.2 - 5.4.0)
- Result always ends with a black screen on start, no specific problem loading the RPX file (no RPL for both)

Now a common point that might be important to underline is that both these games are only filled up with .vol files in their /content/ folder, on the contrary of all others dumps that are working perfectly well.
EDIT : They are also from the same company -> WayForward .
Hence the reason why I also suspect Loadiine for being part of the problem, as he is maybe unable to handle full .vol content games at this time or is facing a bug preventing these titles from booting.

I will leave this post as it is for further actions, like transfering its content into a more adapted topic or bugfix related to Loadiine if some thinks this problem isn't DDD side related.
Thanks for the reading, in hope to find a solution very soon :3.

That reminds me that I stil have to push the fixes I made :D

The issue does not seem to be ddd related, so your dump is ok.
It probably is a Loadiine problem.
There is also a issue with One Piece which is not booting. I don't have time to investigate it this weekend.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@n1ghty ... I'm unable to dump "The Voice: I Want You" [AVCE52].
It gets the "app.xml" and "cos.xml" files, but freezes, and shows no progress, on "project.rpx"

Any suggestions?
I'm thinking I may try Dumpiine, to get the RPX, then try ddd for the rest. Good/Bad idea?
Anyone know if there is a Dumpiine build for HBL?
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<app type="complex" access="777">
  <version type="unsignedInt" length="4">15</version>
  <os_version type="hexBinary" length="8">000500101000400A</os_version>
  <title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0005000010183300</title_id>
  <title_version type="hexBinary" length="2">0000</title_version>
  <sdk_version type="unsignedInt" length="4">21012</sdk_version>
  <app_type type="hexBinary" length="4">80000000</app_type>
  <group_id type="hexBinary" length="4">00001833</group_id>
  <os_mask type="hexBinary" length="32">0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</os_mask>
</app>
Code:
  <version type="unsignedInt" length="4">20</version>
  <cmdFlags type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</cmdFlags>
  <argstr type="string" length="4096">project.rpx</argstr>
  <avail_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</avail_size>
  <codegen_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</codegen_size>
  <codegen_core type="hexBinary" length="4">00000001</codegen_core>
  <max_size type="hexBinary" length="4">40000000</max_size>
  <max_codesize type="hexBinary" length="4">0E000000</max_codesize>
  <default_stack0_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_stack0_size>
  <default_stack1_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_stack1_size>
  <default_stack2_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_stack2_size>
  <default_redzone0_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_redzone0_size>
  <default_redzone1_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_redzone1_size>
  <default_redzone2_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_redzone2_size>
  <exception_stack0_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00001000</exception_stack0_size>
  <exception_stack1_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00001000</exception_stack1_size>
  <exception_stack2_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00001000</exception_stack2_size>
</app>

Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2,

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
@n1ghty ... I'm unable to dump "The Voice: I Want You" [AVCE52].
It gets the "app.xml" and "cos.xml" files, but freezes, and shows no progress, on "project.rpx"

Any suggestions?
I'm thinking I may try Dumpiine, to get the RPX, then try ddd for the rest. Good/Bad idea?
Anyone know if there is a Dumpiine build for HBL?
Code:
  <version type="unsignedInt" length="4">15</version>
  <os_version type="hexBinary" length="8">000500101000400A</os_version>
  <title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0005000010183300</title_id>
  <title_version type="hexBinary" length="2">0000</title_version>
  <sdk_version type="unsignedInt" length="4">21012</sdk_version>
  <app_type type="hexBinary" length="4">80000000</app_type>
  <group_id type="hexBinary" length="4">00001833</group_id>
  <os_mask type="hexBinary" length="32">0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</os_mask>
</app>
Code:
  <version type="unsignedInt" length="4">20</version>
  <cmdFlags type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</cmdFlags>
  <argstr type="string" length="4096">project.rpx</argstr>
  <avail_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</avail_size>
  <codegen_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</codegen_size>
  <codegen_core type="hexBinary" length="4">00000001</codegen_core>
  <max_size type="hexBinary" length="4">40000000</max_size>
  <max_codesize type="hexBinary" length="4">0E000000</max_codesize>
  <default_stack0_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_stack0_size>
  <default_stack1_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_stack1_size>
  <default_stack2_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_stack2_size>
  <default_redzone0_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_redzone0_size>
  <default_redzone1_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_redzone1_size>
  <default_redzone2_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</default_redzone2_size>
  <exception_stack0_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00001000</exception_stack0_size>
  <exception_stack1_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00001000</exception_stack1_size>
  <exception_stack2_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00001000</exception_stack2_size>
</app>

That's probably caused by the same issue we have with some Ubisoft games and the updated Mario Kart 8.
The fixed version is not public yet. (My bad, not much free time at the moment)

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hoy, it's me again! I'd like to take out a subscription for here <3
I truely try to get by these little problems by myself, but when no solution is coming up I have no choice but to ask for help again >_<
So this time is about a recent eShop game called "Asdivine Hearth" from EUR, the last version of DDD I am using (N1ghty's fix) will block on opening a specific RPL file has shown below :

gc_screen_ddd_asdivinerror.jpg

Funny facts =>
This file seems to be used on many others eShop games I have (Same exact size for each of them), so I tried getting a copy from there, it results in a splendid crash of Loadiine.
I thought about using JNUSTool by adding the title's ID manually as I did for a previous game which needed an update (Olympia Rising), unfortunetely it simply does not exist on NNUS repository.
Dumpiine was my backup rustine but will in fact detect system_core_dll.rpl as a 1 byte file... Oh yeah, not what I expected so far.

Hence why I'm stuck for now, let's hope this issue will find a solution now or later :3

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

so I had a bit of time to check DDD issues today and there were some very nasty bugs in there that caused some games to fail dumping. For one there were DBAT collisions for some games memory causing DSI exceptions (freeze). Another bug was that failed RPLs (that are supposed to fail like mvplayer-gui.rpl on MK8) were still tried to be dumped by DDD and not skipped (forgotten data load result check). Also n1ghty added dumping of the argument string which some games have and require for reloading into a different mode (e.g. multiplayer). This argstr is not yet fully supported by loadiine gx2 but I will eventually get to it maybe.

Anyway here is a test RC1:
- added support for firmware 5.5.x (requires 5.5.x kernel exploit)
- added full argstr dumping
- fixed bug in loader code where RPLs that failed to load were still tried to be dumped
- fixed use of uninitialized string on argstr
- added a generic function to copy any physical address data to any other physical address
- changed to copy RPX/RPL data with the new copy function which avoids DBAT collisions

See also the git repo for more details:
https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/commits/master
https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/releases

Please report anything you find, especially since I only tested this new copy method for MK8.
Support for FW 4.x.x might also be added before the final release of 0.3.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

sorry about that but there was a bad bug in the cache invalidate function of RC1. I had to create an RC2. If you dumped any titles with RC1 you should definately re-dump the RPX and RPL files (/vol/code folder) as those are most likely corrupt.

Here is the RC3 with a fix for that bug and a cache buffer overrun bug:
https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/releases/tag/v0.3_RC3

Thanks to JaceCearK1 for reporting the bug.

Last edited by dimok,

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh.. So that's why for the past 2 hours every game I tried to dump using RC1 resulted in Memory Corruption on Loadiine.. Meeeehhh
I was about to report this too, after making sure I didn't mess anything *Sblaf*.
Well then, here we go again.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by dimok,

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@dimok You mean the one where the game does not run after a dump and the meta folder isn't complete when done manually? Yes! I love to test your RC all day long :yayu:

[[ Big kisses :P ]]

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dimok You mean the one where the game does not run after a dump and the meta folder isn't complete when done manually? Yes! I love to test your RC all day long :yayu:

[[ Big kisses :P ]]
Hehe yeah not my day :D

Btw can this issue be closed now?
https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/issues/3

If so then please do it or if it is still present please write quick note in there so I know there is still something to look for.

Reactions: Cybernatus

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yush, I'm gonna close the ticket once these 2 last bugged dumps are cleared. For the previous ones who had the same issue though they are fixed now, so it's going well ^_^

EDIT :
All tests reached the end without hassle, the ones that were in line for a single-step dumping are now completed and will be waiting for Loadiine fix regarding these missing argstr support (they aren't playable for now).

I gave N1ghty coffee, specullos & waffles. You deserve another local speciality for you :
guesstheemoji-single-515.jpg

Last edited by Cybernatus,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried dumping Rayman Legends Demo so I have it preserved with RC3, seems to work great with the problematic cafe_ITF_AppFramework_f.rpx :toot:
Screenshot_122.png
EDIT: lmk if anyone wants it, I'll hook ya up, doubt anyone will tho

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
0.3 rc3

• added support for firmware 5.5.x (requires 5.5.x kernel exploit)
  • added full argstr dumping
  • fixed bug in loader code where RPLs that failed to load were still tried to be dumped
  • fixed use of uninitialized string on argstr
  • added a generic function to copy any physical address data to any other physical address
  • changed to copy RPX/RPL data with the new copy function which avoids DBAT collisions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music