• Views 425,049
  • Replies 768
  • Likes 53

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just reporting Amazing spider man ultimate edition eur cant be dumped with ddd, it never connects to the pc so it never starts dumping, other game discs i have dump fine however so the game must disable the ddd dumper or something.

Last edited by pedro702,

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Would like to report an unfortunate issue with the dumper regarding 2 Japanese games I was trying to rip and use similar RPX file (Just Dance Wii U Japan Edition & Yukai Watch Just Dance) :
If I try a complete dumping operation on /vol/, I encounter a block from the titledumper.exe for the file "cafe_ITF_AppFramework_f.rpx" located in /code/, which stay in state "Open file: E:/dump/vol/code/cafe_ITF_AppFramework_f.rpx".
However a more precise dump point like /content/ runs just fine and all files are correctly copied (In the same location, so E:/dump/vol/).
Thus, I am now missing RPX files which prevent me from using both backups and I would like to know if a workaround is possible regarding problem?
Just to let you know, I have successfuly dumped another Japanese game few days ago ("Taiko No Tatsujin Atsumete Tomodachi Daisakusen" - Using Taiko.rpx) and so I don't think that the Japanese nature of these games are troublesome here.

gc_screen_wiiu_ddd_issue1.jpg

Reactions: Azel

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Would like to report an unfortunate issue with the dumper regarding 2 Japanese games I was trying to rip and use similar RPX file (Just Dance Wii U Japan Edition & Yukai Watch Just Dance) :
If I try a complete dumping operation on /vol/, I encounter a block from the titledumper.exe for the file "cafe_ITF_AppFramework_f.rpx" located in /code/, which stay in state "Open file: E:/dump/vol/code/cafe_ITF_AppFramework_f.rpx".

It's the same with Rayman Legends, Rayman Legends Demo and Rayman Challenges App.
They all have a "cafe_ITF_AppFramework_f.rpx".
This is a known bug but no one has looked into it yet. You should try to dump the code directory with old dumping methods. (I have not tried it =))
The cos and app xml get dumped with ddd, so you are only missing the rpx

Reactions: Cybernatus

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However a more precise dump point like /content/ runs just fine and all files are correctly copied (In the same location, so E:/dump/vol/).
Thus, I am now missing RPX files which prevent me from using both backups and I would like to know if a workaround is possible regarding problem?
Just to let you know, I have successfuly dumped another Japanese game few days ago ("Taiko No Tatsujin Atsumete Tomodachi Daisakusen" - Using Taiko.rpx) and so I don't think that the Japanese nature of these games are troublesome here.

Yeah, try using dumpiine and see if that gets different results, might have to dig for a build
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dumpiine-v1-0-dump-your-rpx-and-rpl.398790/

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks you both for your precisions, I however can't turn myself into dumpiine for now as I'm running on 5.4.0 and its compatibily seems restricted to 5.3.2.
There is maybe Cafiine 1.2 which might be compatible as some people were pretending but I haven't found a good tutoriel for my firmware yet. For now DDD seems to be the only ready-to-go dumper available for 5.4.0 so I'll probably have no choice but to wait for a fix if nothing comes from Cafiine.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you both for your precisions, I however can't turn myself into dumpiine for now as I'm running on 5.4.0 and its compatibily seems restricted to 5.3.2.
There is maybe Cafiine 1.2 which might be compatible as some people were pretending but I haven't found a good tutoriel for my firmware yet. For now DDD seems to be the only ready-to-go dumper available for 5.4.0 so I'll probably have no choice but to wait for a fix if nothing comes from Cafiine.
Are you sure? Like with 5.5.1, all they patched from 5.3.2 to 5.4.0 was the browser, OS wasn't updated so hardcoded stuff should work fine :\ just needs a different entrypoint that you'd selfhost. All it really does is patch some stuff in the loader so it stores a copy and that's part of the OS so. I attached the bin if you want to try it

Attachments

• Dumpiine532.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 189

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I won't hide this still a bit obscure to me as I haven't followed the scene as I'd loved to, but you receive my appreciation for pointing out a possible solution to my problem. I'll get into it very soon in hope to finally retrieve that reticent RPX :3

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@NWPlayer123 Dumpiine wait for the game to be launched from the main menu. Problem : I'm trying to run a Japanese game on a European firmware -> It's currently impossible ;_; . DDD get over it once the dump is complete so I tried to run it afterward but as dreaded it doesn't work that way. You still receive my thanks for the hints though, they are still useful and will continue on others possibilities.

@Don Jon I dunno if I'm cursed or a bit unskilled (That wouldn't be a surprise actually..) but both titles are labelled as "Missing TMD" on the list and when I try using JNUSTool to reach the updates they ends with "Invalid TMD". Of course when I get others games update such like Taiko No Tatsujin (Past personnal dump) it works pretty well with its taiko.rpx available. See why I cry <_<

Well then, I gotta try TCPGecko (BTW Thanks @Zap Rowsdower)

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
@NWPlayer123 Dumpiine wait for the game to be launched from the main menu. Problem : I'm trying to run a Japanese game on a European firmware -> It's currently impossible ;_; . DDD get over it once the dump is complete so I tried to run it afterward but as dreaded it doesn't work that way. You still receive my thanks for the hints though, they are still useful and will continue on others possibilities.

@Don Jon I dunno if I'm cursed or a bit unskilled (That wouldn't be a surprise actually..) but both titles are labelled as "Missing TMD" on the list and when I try using JNUSTool to reach the updates they ends with "Invalid TMD". Of course when I get others games update such like Taiko No Tatsujin (Past personnal dump) it works pretty well with its taiko.rpx available. See why I cry <_<

Well then, I gotta try TCPGecko (BTW Thanks @Zap Rowsdower)
TCP Gecko can only dump /vol/content.

So you are trying to dump a JAP game on a EUR console?

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yup, I should have underlined that it is impossible from the main menu only, using DDD the game is launched correctly and the dump is complete and usable (For the first Japanese game I dumped, before this problem).

Reactions: Azel

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please dumb this down for me to the most basic level? I don't understand how I'm supposed to initiate command line to launch filezilla, and then how to connect it to my Wii U and make it dump. Basically, I suck at command line. :/

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
would like to report an 2 issues with ddd
a minor one , if the file you are trying to dump is larger than 2 296 000 000 (something like thios ; more than 2 gb) , the dumper show the file as a 4 gb and keep stack on that nimber till the file is complete
all of duty blackops2 freezes when trying to dump the meta folder and also the missing rpl file ( dumps the rpx and just 1 rpl file) then freeze , if you try to dump with the X button , the games freezes at the menu and need to power off the wiiu

Reactions: NWPlayer123

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

how is it going? i'm on 5.5.1 and one reason im waiting patiently for 5.5.x exploit is to able playing this games on my US console, I even have order the disc on ebay hoping i can use it someday

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks to @n1ghty's help I went over this problem and these games are now dumped.
I can assure you they run really fine trough GX2 on EU consoles (And from a friend of mine who used it, same goes to US ones)

Reactions: NWPlayer123

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, a friend mine is having problems with some eShop games (when he start those games he gets a black screen) some of those games are in the Loadiine's compatibility list like working titles so is weird: do you know what could he do to make them works?

PD: (I know, my english is horrible so forgive me for that :) )

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ha, the friend who @Fjar is reffering to is actually me (Yes, it's me again, big user of DDD :3), I wasn't quite sure of how to present the issue I encounter regarding 2 dumped eShop games I have, cause the symptoms aren't quite evident to analyze compared to my last japanese dumps [Thanks once again fo the help I've got here]. Plus, with my little investigation inside their respective folders, I'm not really sure if the problem comes from DDD or Loadiine (See below).

Nevertheless, I'll try to share the maximum informations I have about this issue :

Games names are "Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition" & "Shantae And The Pirate's Curse" from EUR eShop. For both these titles, the following actions have been completed :
- Dumped using DDD 0.1 (titledumper 0.1) & DDD 0.2 (titledumper 0.2)
- Each dump ended without visible errors from both sides WiiU & titledumper CMD prompt
- Tried with 2 volunteers from others regions on many different versions of Loadiine (V2 to GX2 0.3) and system versions (5.3.2 - 5.4.0)
- Result always ends with a black screen on start, no specific problem loading the RPX file (no RPL for both)

Now a common point that might be important to underline is that both these games are only filled up with .vol files in their /content/ folder, on the contrary of all others dumps that are working perfectly well.
EDIT : They are also from the same company -> WayForward .
Hence the reason why I also suspect Loadiine for being part of the problem, as he is maybe unable to handle full .vol content games at this time or is facing a bug preventing these titles from booting.

I will leave this post as it is for further actions, like transfering its content into a more adapted topic or bugfix related to Loadiine if some thinks this problem isn't DDD side related.
Thanks for the reading, in hope to find a solution very soon :3.

Last edited by Cybernatus,
Reactions: JFSAINTS and Fjar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P