• Replies 768
  • Likes 53

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm the only one who experiences the randomly disappearing VC icons after dumping Snes games with DDD, no one else is having this issue. Does no one else have this happen at random? The icons turn invisible after running DDD and command to dump games, forcing me to reset the console. Maybe I'll have to make a thread since my posts about a bug report are getting buried.

Edit: Since I can't seem to get a response, gonna tag those involved with the project
@dimok Do you know why this might be happening? A possible bug, should I report it to GitHub?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Nakaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a local connection, so no it doesn't depend on your internet connection. Just the speed at which your routers ports run at. Most have a standard 10/100 mbps.
10GB is quite large, so I would expect at least 20min, maybe more.
I did an 8 GB game and it took me hours. my router is pleanty fast but ddd only sends things over ~1Mb/sec. any tips for speeding this up? can the wiiu's wifi go that fast or do i need to hook it up w/ an ethernet cable

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so i tied to dump to games today and it always stopps dumping at the save file is that normal? Shouldnt i get a notice when everything is done? I got no aoc and no meta folders

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tied to dump to games today and it always stopps dumping at the save file is that normal? Shouldnt i get a notice when everything is done? I got no aoc and no meta folders
Nope, for whatever reason it never gets a "done", if it's gotten that far to where it's not reading any more files, then you're supposed to do the fancy thing to get meta, either open up the HOME MENU or exit out of the game completely (see OP), not every game has AOC, so if it does you should probably say what game it is so can troubleshoot

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm the only one who experiences the randomly disappearing VC icons after dumping Snes games with DDD, no one else is having this issue. Does no one else have this happen at random? The icons turn invisible after running DDD and command to dump games, forcing me to reset the console. Maybe I'll have to make a thread since my posts about a bug report are getting buried.

Edit: Since I can't seem to get a response, gonna tag those involved with the project
@dimok Do you know why this might be happening? A possible bug, should I report it to GitHub?
Possibly related to an issue in the host application. Try to build the current git version and see if you still get it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly related to an issue in the host application. Try to build the current git version and see if you still get it.

Hmm, well, I've always ran it with wiiubru and I haven't tried self-hosting yet, but I suppose I could try a nightly build, to be honest I don't know anything about compiling builds on my own, I'm afraid I lack the confidence and programming know-how to compile my own builds. Might be prudent of me to wait and see if someone is already doing so. Feels like I'm the only one with the issue lol.

Edit: Unless it's relatively easy to compile? Apologies, I'm working on <4 hours of sleep.

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I have a little question, I was dumping Black Ops 2 from disc, and my Wii U shut itself off. Now I have 4.12 GB of data on my PC of that game files. Can I just restart the dumping and will it overwrite the already dumped files? Or will it continue with files it hasnt dumped yet?

Cybernatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Dylon99 DDD will check for each filesizes and if there is a difference spotted between the one you're currently dumping and the one in your folder, it will dump it over again. Otherwise it'll just pass the file and resume where your dump has stopped before.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, well, I've always ran it with wiiubru and I haven't tried self-hosting yet, but I suppose I could try a nightly build, to be honest I don't know anything about compiling builds on my own, I'm afraid I lack the confidence and programming know-how to compile my own builds. Might be prudent of me to wait and see if someone is already doing so. Feels like I'm the only one with the issue lol.

Edit: Unless it's relatively easy to compile? Apologies, I'm working on <4 hours of sleep.
Actually I meant you should try the new PC titledumper application build. I just build them new for Windows and Linux and re-uploaded them as v0.4. There was an issue with memory move in there.

https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/releases/tag/v0.3

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I meant you should try the new PC titledumper application build. I just build them new for Windows and Linux and re-uploaded them as v0.4. There was an issue with memory move in there.

https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/releases/tag/v0.3

Hmm, I only see version 0.3, I don't see any 0.4 version on that site, is there a direct download for those newer builds? The one I have is 0.3 as far as I know. That being said, I can test 0.4 as soon as I can find it.

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually I retried my dump for BO2, and it wouldn't work. The game would go in black screen for a few seconds, then it loaded he game and didn't dump. I was specifying the same path to where my previous unfinished dump was located in. So I guess dumping in a new folder is the only other way.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I only see version 0.3, I don't see any 0.4 version on that site, is there a direct download for those newer builds? The one I have is 0.3 as far as I know. That being said, I can test 0.4 as soon as I can find it.
I believe Dimok was referring to the Windows and Linux applications only being updated. (It's still under the 0.3 release)
upload_2016-5-6_13-24-52.png

Last edited by CuriousTommy,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Dimok was referring to the Windows and Linux applications only being updated. (It's still under the 0.3 release)
View attachment 48165

Whoops >< Not sure how I missed that in the downloads. Hopefully this fixes the VC icon disappearing-after-dumping-and-exiting-to-Wii U menu issues.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain how AOC/DLC content works? I own the mario kart 8 DLC and say if I were to test it on Cemu by dumping it, how would i go about doing so? I've seen Mathew use cafiine to get patched DLC content, so i'd imagine editing files would somehow get them to work or somehow loading them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: On a bad day you hear I missed my period +3