Hacking Datel Powersaves now supports Pokemon X/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't wait I found a gift card I almost forgot about so I ordered 1 for free from amazon. Question, is there a cheat for a shiny charm or complete dex? bc it would help me out since I only still have like 400 pokemon & I'm not getting pokebank.

ZOOT

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can't wait I found a gift card I almost forgot about so I ordered 1 for free from amazon. Question, is there a cheat for a shiny charm or complete dex? bc it would help me out since I only still have like 400 pokemon & I'm not getting pokebank.
Why shiny charm when you can make them shiny

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why shiny charm when you can make them shiny
because if I trade some, some people don't want hack pokemon on a certain pokemon forum & I was going to see if I can trade them for ledgendaries that I want [since I dont have a physical copy of BWB2W2 for pokebank & was going to use this thread for help transferring my pokemon to my X. Some people properly would have an issue if a shiny pokemon that was from powersave was traded to them].

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know but if they check it ... I just dont want to be banned on the other forum. Well I hope the powersave gets here soon. Although I didn't get any other messages from amazon. Only a copy of my purchase & another a few hrs later saying the guy shipped it about 48+ hrs ago. Dang weather, why does it have to be a storm where I am.

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody asked a few pages ago if it's possible to get a code which changes the game language. You guys think it can be done?

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
The software isn't free. It cannot be used until a license key (which is located on the product packaging) is entered.

The "Un-Shiny" code gives a Pokemon your TID and OT, effectively making them yours originally. Tested it with a Shiny brought over from Black version.
It doesnt change the SID to yours though, so it's not 100% yours.. You can't rename it because of this.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You mean modify the PID and potentially make the pokemon illegal?

What do you mean by " potentially make the pokemon illegal?" Do you mean it might be blocked from some online battles? Please define what you mean by "illegal". Illegal how and for what purposes?

Yes, please modify the PID! If I have never seen the pokemon before, I do not care what the PID was before i got it. Whether I just got the pokemon from a wonder trade (or any other trade) or from the delivery girl or found it in my storage boxes or if I just caught it, I want it to be mine - not "traded"! I know you can't provide an encounter code with a save file editor, but you can make a pokemon of the same species and level with whatever random stats, gender, hidden power, IVs, etc. that are derived from the pid - and you can choose a PID to make it shiny or not shiny!

That is my argument FOR "change the PID", please explain the reason that you disagree.

:grog::teach:

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Somebody asked a few pages ago if it's possible to get a code which changes the game language. You guys think it can be done?

Personally I want that too. I'm asking about it.

----------------
What do you mean by " potentially make the pokemon illegal?" Do you mean it might be blocked from some online battles? Please define what you mean by "illegal". Illegal how and for what purposes?

Yes, it can be blocked from online battles, given that nintendo does the correct checks.
(and we won't know for sure what checks they might implement.)

but you can make a pokemon of the same species and level with whatever random stats, gender, hidden power, IVs, etc. that are derived from the pid - and you can choose a PID to make it shiny or not shiny!

We can't derive something from a PID mechanics that we are unsure what has changed to what extent.

PID is still tied to gender, PID used to be tied to ability (ability capsule changes this).
PID used to be tied to Nature and IVs (back then coders didn't know that, and a lot of hacked pokemon was discovered to be illegal)

PID might be tied to other game mechanics that hackers haven't discovered. Just because not discovered, doesn't mean we should mess with it.

So to play it safe, we don't touch the PID.
I already had this discussion in previous pages (you can search for pid is sacred).

I want it to be mine - not "traded"!

Anyway,
What's the point making the TID and SID yours, when you play the next generation,
and your TID and SID will then be different?

----
I'm not trying to be rude, so please don't read this in the wrong tone:
If you want it to be yours, go and catch it yourself. :)

I've got many Pokemon shiny using the existing "easier" methods in-game.

Or you can always chain-fish a shiny, hope Datel gives a "Pokemon species modifier" and change the species.

----------

Calling users,
please give your top ten most anticipated, most wanted codes!
(do give the ten first, then any explanation in a spoiler afterwards)

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey Queno138, what's your sig in regards to? The 10 wanted codes thing.

That's not my sig, its the end of my post.

I'm just collecting "research" on what's the ten most wanted codes.

I've already submitted ten I collated from here, so I was thinking 10 from each user,
is less scattered and easier to collate again.

JoJodude

Trophies
XP
Country

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Que

"I'm not trying to be rude, so please don't read this in the wrong tone:
If you want it to be yours, go and catch it yourself."

I must have read this in the wrong tone. It sounds rude to me!
This could have come from the "don't cheat. it's bad. m'kay. " crowd!

Could you make another try at addressing my questions without the hysterics?

"Yes, it can be blocked from online battles, given that nintendo does the correct checks.
(and we won't know for sure what checks they might implement.)"
"We can't derive something from a PID mechanics that we are unsure what has changed to what extent."
"PID used to be tied to Nature and IVs (back then coders didn't know that, and a lot of hacked pokemon was discovered to be illegal)"
"PID might be tied to other game mechanics that hackers haven't discovered. Just because not discovered, doesn't mean we should mess with it."
"So to play it safe, we don't touch the PID."
"What's the point making the TID and SID yours, when you play the next generation,
and your TID and SID will then be different?" ...

Please Touch the PID!

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I must have read this in the wrong tone. It sounds rude to me!
This could have come from the "don't cheat. it's bad. m'kay. " crowd!

First off, you've got the username wrong.
Secondly, I use cheats, it's just that I cheat while keeping them legal :)

Could you make another try at addressing my questions without the hysterics?

To put it simple for you to understand:
PID mechanics not well understood, hence it is a great risk to modify it,
especially when there are users who do not understand the mechanics of keeping it legal.

Example: PID generation algorithm not known, PID to other data correlation not known etc.

"Yes, it can be blocked from online battles, given that nintendo does the correct checks.
(and we won't know for sure what checks they might implement.)"
"We can't derive something from a PID mechanics that we are unsure what has changed to what extent."
"PID used to be tied to Nature and IVs (back then coders didn't know that, and a lot of hacked pokemon was discovered to be illegal)"
"PID might be tied to other game mechanics that hackers haven't discovered. Just because not discovered, doesn't mean we should mess with it."
"So to play it safe, we don't touch the PID."
"What's the point making the TID and SID yours, when you play the next generation,
and your TID and SID will then be different?" ...

Please Touch the PID!

Could you make another try at addressing why you needing it to be your TID, is more important than keeping PID legal?

---
Edit:
For the record, I too, would prefer to have pokemon under my TID,
but I'm not willing to compromise for legality.

I'm looking into alternative means, as we speak.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off, you've got the username wrong.
Secondly, I use cheats, it's just that I cheat while keeping them legal :)

To put it simple for you to understand:
PID mechanics not well understood, hence it is a great risk to modify it,
especially when there are users who do not understand the mechanics of keeping it legal.

Example: PID generation algorithm not known, PID to other data correlation not known etc.

Could you make another try at addressing why you needing it to be your TID, is more important than keeping PID legal?

---
Edit:
For the record, I too, would prefer to have pokemon under my TID,
but I'm not willing to compromise for legality.

I'm looking into alternative means, as we speak.

You keep using the term "legal" and "legality" without defining what it means to you.
To me, legal refers to enforced punishment.
The only thing you have admitted is that you are afraid that the "illegal" pokemon might be excluded from online play sometime in the future.
I think that would be a good thing! It might take away some of the fear of Datel's claimed promotion of online cheating.
Almost everything you say is like an attempt to scare us from using cheats because we could catch shinies the "legal" way = the way you did.
I am not concerned with catching shinies.
I am concerned about disobedient pokemon who cannot be renamed and do not obey their trainers!
I consider Pokemon obedience to be infinitely "more important than keeping PID legal?" whatever that means!
I have tried to define what I mean by obedient. Your rude, vague and condescending responses still have not defined what you mean when you keep using the term "legal". Please try again.

About ten years ago I discovered the 1 bit out of 80 bytes that was causing digitally created Mew, Deoxys and others to disobey their trainers.
I also worked with kdpavatar and other early researchers on the "right" way to make a pokemon shiny and the way you prefer is not it.
references:
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/kpdavatar/PokemonMakerV4x.html
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/kpdavatar/PokemonMakerHelp.txt
Please note in the credits:
:BurleyEd gamefaqs.com
For Info. on Fire/Leaf/Emerald, obediant Deoxy/Mew..."

I guess I must be a strict disciplinarian, but I still believe that obedience is more important than legality for online play.

I would welcome other cheaters's opinions about this.
Which would rather have:
1 A shiny (or not shiny), obedient pokemon which might be barred from some future online contests
or
2 The kind of "legal" but disobedient pokemon like we keep getting from Datel?

dsdavis6

Trophies
XP
Country
I would welcome other cheaters's opinions about this.
Which would rather have:
1 A shiny (or not shiny), obedient pokemon which might be barred from some future online contests
or
2 The kind of "legal" but disobedient pokemon like we keep getting from Datel?

Am I missing something, I thought obedience was only an issue before you have all the badges?

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My apologies that I appear condescending.
I do not get off by being mean and rude, I'm just stating my opinions plainly.
(though I do try to accompany them with facts, when necessary)

Look, let's not beat around the bush,
We are side-tracking from the original topic, or even the crux of our discussion,
so allow me to point out the main focus:

but I still believe that obedience is more important than legality for online play.

Since the issue here is obedience, not the ability to rename or whatever not, then let me tell you:

The disobedience here has nothing to do with the byte discovered: that byte is the fateful encounter byte.

Am I missing something, I thought obedience was only an issue before you have all the badges?

You're right, the issue here is lack of badges, which can be easily solved by fighting some gyms.

None of the Pokemon I get from Datel are disobedient.

Even to bypass the gym, we can always request for "all gym badges code",
we don't have to mess with the PID. (given our request is fulfilled)

=====

Anyway, haven't we had this discussion before?

What baffles me is you seem to have completely forgotten about the discussion we had previously:

DRWS and Queno138

I appreciate your attempts to educate me on recent events. I know I live in the past, but things are cheaper (t)here!

-snip-

Did you know: The PID is involved in almost everything in Pokemon, even the unique spots on each Spinda. Maybe it should be treated as sacred.

Thank you (both).

See, we did have this conversation! :D

Anyway, I was thinking of e-mailing them to allow PID mod-shinies, at the risk of users, though I'm not sure on their take.

=====
EDIT:
Your rude, vague and condescending responses still have not defined what you mean when you keep using the term "legal". Please try again.

BTW, I don't see why I need to explain what Legal means to me,
since I'm using the community standard, as explained here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-the-battle-between-legitimacy-and-legality.359793/

I didn't think I'll need to explain it cause it's basic for someone who has a background in hacking Pokemon,
especially since you're the one who discovered the fateful encounter byte.

Anyhow, sorry for the miscommunication ;P

It's obvious that you might be misinformed and I might be rude;
It's clearly a clash of opinion.

Since I can't sway your thoughts, let's call a truce and not make a battlefield here.
I'm just sharing what I already know and that's about it.

Which factor is more important is just an opinion,
not a gaming standard so there's no point trying to influence the other.

Let's not continue the miscommunication :)

Ketsueki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Calling users,
please give your top ten most anticipated, most wanted codes!
(do give the ten first, then any explanation in a spoiler afterwards)

Most wanted codes?
  1. HP IV 31 (and for all stats, so I can pick and choose)
  2. HP IV 0 (and for all stats, so I can pick and choose)
  3. Pokemon caught in X ball.
  4. Soul Dew
  5. Change ability to Dreamworld.
  6. Make pokemon X gender
  7. make pokemon X Nature
  8. HP IV 30 (and for all stats, so I can pick and choose)
Mmmm, that's all I've got.

All about the breeding :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone