Status
Not open for further replies.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anything on the codes disapearing? Its all over Game FAQ that they are gone and all the anti hackers are gloating:/

I can't test it right now, but I luckily have some Diancie's and both the Lati@site's.

I think that Datel might have received a mail or something from Nintendo to remove these, but I don't know for sure. It does seem the most logical reason.

ResleyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even if they did, there's nothing Nintendo can do-a legal ruling was past 20 years ago saying it was for personal use and Nintendo lost

Technically what Datel is doing is illegal. They are modifying Nintendo's software, which is highly illegal. Right now everything is done on their servers, so they are the ones modifying it, and thus the only people who are doing illegal stuff.

At least, I think it was illegal to modify software. Modding hardware as a service is highly illegal, so not sure about software/saves

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Technically what Datel is doing is illegal. They are modifying Nintendo's software, which is highly illegal. Right now everything is done on their servers, so they are the ones modifying it, and thus the only people who are doing illegal stuff.

At least, I think it was illegal to modify software. Modding hardware as a service is highly illegal, so not sure about software/saves
We'll technically the saves would probably be classed as user created content, I suppose Nintendo could go after them with the old "revealing company secrets" BS which would explain why/if they had to remove the unreleased pokemon

If they had been stopped editing saves there would no no codes at all, I don't think they will be down for long, probably just until datel has a lawyer put a counter claim that the "secret" Pokemon had already been revealed before their codes existed

ZOOT

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
btw i dont think its from Nintendo side they are removed

because why remove diancie and az floette and latios/latias stones|

while torchic and all other cheats stay

ResleyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
btw i dont think its from Nintendo side they are removed

because why remove diancie and az floette and latios/latias stones|

while torchic and all other cheats stay

Because those haven't been released yet. It might be possible that they'll re-release Diancie when the movie comes out.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But thats not the work of Nintendo if nintendo want 1 thing they do everything
We'll technically the saves would probably be classed as user created content, I suppose Nintendo could go after them with the old "revealing company secrets" BS which would explain why/if they had to remove the unreleased pokemon

If they had been stopped editing saves there would no no codes at all, I don't think they will be down for long, probably just until datel has a lawyer put a counter claim that the "secret" Pokemon had already been revealed before their codes existed
Whilst legally people would be allowed to mod their own saves, meaning Nintendo can't really "stop" that, they can at least block the revealing of "company secrets"

ZOOT

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also someone the same problem when i make Backup it make doub le backups same name!!

and no automatic backup is tunred off

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Az's Floette, Latiosite, and Diancie were removed, but probably not for the reasons you think. They're probably getting just as many phone calls and emails about how they can't trade the items/pokemon. You can even still make Pokemon shiny.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Az's Floette, Latiosite, and Diancie were removed, but probably not for the reasons you think. They're probably getting just as many phone calls and emails about how they can't trade the items/pokemon. You can even still make Pokemon shiny.
I think it's actually in datel's interests that you can't trade them, if you could trade them, nobody would really need to buy a power saves device wonder trade etc would just be swamped with them,many people where buying it just for those codes knowing that they could only get them if they bought it

If that was the issue datel could have just said, you can't trade them and that would be that, they wouldn't pull one of their "main" selling selling points because they got too many emails

ZOOT

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's actually in datel's interests that you can't trade them, if you could trade them, nobody would really need to buy a power saves device wonder trade etc would just be swamped with them,many people where buying it just for those codes knowing that they could only get them if they bought it

If that was the issue datel could have just said, you can't trade them and that would be that, they wouldn't pull one of their "main" selling selling points because they got too many emails
EXACTLY

MistahJayden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you used a "different copy" to make the Powersaves work with a Mario Kart cartridge, how would the problem lie in an "outdated software? Doesn't make sense.

When I first entered my Mario Kart it told me the software was outdated (which was weird because it worked with pokemon prior to the MK7 thing) and I had to reinstall the program again and it worked.

As for the Diancie/Latiosite/AZ thing, that really blows :(

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is some interesting news development. Thank f****** god I had the opportunity to use the event codes before they got pulled, at least we have the ability to clone and share locally. Can't do anything to stop us from that.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
what ? they removed the codes before i get the power save ? FML
i there anyway to install old update ?
for the people how have the software, can you chose to not update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.