Darksiders 2 Is Finally Launching Next Week

Cartmanuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SumwU.jpg
Darksiders 2, the sequel to one of the best known games of this generation, will launch next week. Vigil Games and THQ have been teasing us with all new trailers and behind the scenes footage.
Darksiders II takes place in the same time as the first Darksiders, except this time around, players can take control of Death.​
The game takes place within the Underworld, as opposed to Earth, Your favorite characters, such as Samuel, Uriel, and Vulgrim are back.​

Darksiders 2 will be available on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC from August 14.
The Wii U version is still in development.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was so "meh" about the first game. It didn't really do anything new & the story was uninteresting. Normally, that is fine nothing needs to be reinvented or have good stories but the game was kinda bland for me.

Also it is really "one of best known games of this generation"? Always had it down as one of those filler games, the kinda that if they were released in Feb-April or September-November they would have been bypassed by other games.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
August 14th?....Steam has it down for the 20th, i guess it must of been put back.

With the release so soon and only trailers and previews to be found and no reviews, alarm bells start to ring for me.

The game does look impressive in the trailers, but i like to know how a game plays before making the purchase.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darksiders 2, the sequel to one of the best known games of this generation...

I think that's quite an overstatement.

Anyway, the first game didn't look all that interesting, so I gave it a pass. I can't say this one looks any better (and really, this has to be one of the silliest looking incarnations of Death ever to grace a game console).

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
August 14th?....Steam has it down for the 20th, i guess it must of been put back.

With the release so soon and only trailers and previews to be found and no reviews, alarm bells start to ring for me.
For USA it was brought forward to 14th, I think to avoid being out at the same time as Sleeping Dogs & the new Transformers game. Also normally nowadays reviews appear sometime around the same day, I'm sure the online outlets will have their reviews out this weekend.

Cartmanuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Game relevant news

http://gbatemp.net/topic/332399-darksidersiixbox360-imars/page__pid__4344078#entry4344078

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC version is the typical port job, not much in terms custom-ability, no AA option either.

Game itself, bleh pretty much the same as the first one just with some new bits that don't really do much to get over the "done this already" feel. A lot of cues from Zelda and other games like it, kinda boring to be honest which is a shame but no worries as Sleeping Dogs will sure eat some of my time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: that makes you a pedo