Damn uTorrent...

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
seed your torrents better xcalibur dont be a leecher

There's not much that I can upload with 512kb up. I'm not capping my up either. ANd there's no way I'll cap my down for public torrents.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so- I can't use Port Forwarding because I can't get a static IP address because TalkTalk don't allow it. I didn't think they did.

I've set my uTorrent settings to virtually everything including what you have suggested, kobykaan.

The trackers are working fine and always have been.

I'm getting quite annoyed now. I'm going to get my WiiKey next week but have no games or anything for it. It's so damn frustrating. My Firefox downloader thing works a lot faster, which makes me want to do a direct download straight from Firefox, but there's about 50 files to download...

ARGH!

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Livin in a box said:
OK, so- I can't use Port Forwarding because I can't get a static IP address because TalkTalk don't allow it. I didn't think they did.

I've set my uTorrent settings to virtually everything including what you have suggested, kobykaan.

I'm getting quite annoyed now. I'm going to get my WiiKey next week but have no games or anything for it. It's so damn frustrating. My Firefox downloader thing works a lot faster, which makes me want to do a direct download straight from Firefox, but there's about 50 files to download...

ARGH!

Your ISP has nothing to do with a static IP. You can set a static IP in your local network from your router.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Xcalibur said:
Livin in a box said:

ARGH!

Your ISP has nothing to do with a static IP. You can set a static IP in your local network from your router.
I remember it saying somewhere that TalkTalk can only operate using a dynamic IP. It was either that or my router.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Freeben666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If torrents don't work, you might want to try the NewsGroup. (Good newsgroup servers are NOT free though).
You might want to look at www.giganews.com . Suscribe for a month, DL as much as you can and then leave
biggrin.gif
That's what I did when I got my Wiikey.

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get a static local IP.

Here, I'm using Vista, but the steps should be the same.[*]Disconnect from your router if you're connected. I assume you are if you're reading this
tongue.gif
[*]Open your Network Connections (Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Connections on Vista).[*]Right-click on your wirelss network icon and select Properties.[*]Where it says "This connection uses the ollowing items:" highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.[*]"Obtain an IP address automatically" should be selected, choose "Use the following IP address:"[*]Under "IP address:" enter "192.168.1.XXX" XXX should be a number, but not 1, that's probably your router's IP. I'll use 50 because that's how I set mine up.[*]Under "Subnet mask:" enter "255.255.255.0"[*]Under "Default gateway:" enter "192.168.1.1"[*]Now "Use the following DNS server addresses:" should be selected[*]Under "Preferred DNS server" enter "192.168.1.1"[*]Click "Advanced..." and select the "WINS" tab.[*]Click "Add..." and enter "192.168.1.1"[*]Hit "OK", then "OK" again, and finally "Close"[*]Now reconnect to your router.[*]Right-click on your wireless connection icon and select "Status"[*]Click on the "Details..." button.[*]The "IPv4 IP Address" should say the IP you entered earlier, if not, you did something wrong.[*]Now forward your port to that IP address.

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I don't know anything about uTorrent that will help your situation but just so you know you need to have a dynamic IP address otherwise your internet won't work much like how AOL works.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, do what Hyperlisk_ said but use 192.168.0.1 in place of 192.168.1.1 for steps 8,10 and 12.

Hyperlisk_, right idea but the default IP for that router is just off. I think you could leave out steps 11 and 12 too..?

**edit**
Livin in a box, don't get your local ethernet (network) connections IP address and your internet connections IP address confused. You can have a static IP for your local connection and a dynamic IP for your internet connection no problem. You cannot change your internet connections IP address in your windows settings. That is on your ISP's side.

**more editing**
Livin in a box said:
But when I do that, I can't access the internet at all or even my router.
That is because your routers IP address is 192.168.0.1 and not 192.168.1.1
You can confirm that by typing "192.168.0.1" (no quotes) into your web browser. You should get the routers log in page at that address. From that webpage you can change the routers settings including the specific port forwarding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Where do I sign up? I'll be a Guinea pig. +1