spinalis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello,

I'm looking forward to chip my wii, but i'm a bit confused with all the chips out there and therefore the one i should choose to mod it.

Can anyone give me the pros and cons on the chips and the difference between them?

thanks in advance
wink.gif

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a no-brainer, get the wasabi or argon(new type), they are easier to install.

D2cpro and D2ckey are made by the same team that produced the wiikey. They have announced via wiinewz.com that the latest wiikey update is going to be the last. So they dropped support for the wiikey after just about scraping @ 1 year mark.

bear in mind that argon (new) and wasabi are an all in one chip that work on every wii, new or old despite whatever chipset it may have. So it's likely the wiikey/d2ckey/d2cpro team will now produce an all in one chip to remain compettive, so it's almost a certainty that d2pro support will be dropped at the earliest opportunity.

spinalis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for your fast answer.

So i'm guessing now that all the features on all chips are the same, right?

I forgot to ask if there is any problem with chips and wii updates, as i've read somewhere else, but it wasnt that much describe on what it can affect or not...
Chips specifications speak on stealth chip, but how can it be stealth if the updates can break the wii?

thks for all your help once again

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
WAAAIT!

D2CPro = Ripoff of the D2CKey, do not buy
D2Pro = D2CKey successor, great stuff
Wasabi = I have no experience with it, but unless you're soldering it yourself, I wouldn't bother.

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have a Wiinja Deluxe but my best friend got a Wasabi and he's not having the troubles I have so I would suggest you to go for a Wasabi which is the only modchip with a FlashMemory inside and also the easier to solder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year