CycloDS iEvolution: the first DSi mode flashcart!

S

solarsaturn9

About time... too bad no one will care when the 3DS comes out in a few months...

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Ziggy Zigzagoon said:
At least we will probably get a GBA emulator that does not absorb tons of the DSi energy...

If that's the case, then CPU-supported carts are definity dead.

And that can't be that difficult. The GBA emulator is running on Dingoo, PSP, almost everywhere.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Etalon said:
Ziggy Zigzagoon said:
At least we will probably get a GBA emulator that does not absorb tons of the DSi energy...

And that can't be that difficult. The GBA emulator is running on Dingoo, PSP, almost everywhere.

True, but the point is that we don't know if the DSi Mode gives us access to the DSi's onboard CPU or the RAM for that matter.

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Team Cyclops is still the best!!
yaynds.gif

Will definitely getting their new cart, but might wait until a few later batches 'cause of the issues they will fix with them...

@Evo.lve: The mSD reader coming with the current CycloDS Evolution is actually good, but I think they wanted those with the (i)Evolution to be made quickly and cheap just in time for Christmas
tongue.gif

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Etalon said:
Ziggy Zigzagoon said:

True, but the point is that we don't know if the DSi Mode gives us access to the DSi's onboard CPU or the RAM for that matter.

...thats what dsi mode means..
dsi mode = ram, cpu, camera, sd, etc
ds mode only runs it like a ds does (much like how the wii plays gamecube) afaik

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
Cool, but whey did they include that shitty breaks-as-soon-as-you-look-at-it TF reader? The same exact one I got with my EDGE card broke within hours of receiving it.
The sd card reader that came with my cyclods like 3 years ago still works fine, infact its the only sd card reader i've ever owned.

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, I did say I'll definitely get it, but I'm not yet sure how I'll get it since flashcarts are now illegal here in the Netherlands and most webshops are long gone...

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lassik said:
I love seeing the comments that say stuff like "Take that DSTWO fanboys!". You guys are morons. You think this new cart will be the end-all-be-all of flashcarts?

Groups will continue to release better carts and the new carts will continue to have their own set of "fanboys". It's only a matter of time before someone 1-ups this cart. Then what? "Take that iEvo fanboys!"? :-)

It's cool that they claim that they're going to have all these new features but honestly the DSTWO is the best card out currently. When this comes out maybe it will be better but something else will come along to replace it. It's just the way technology works.

I currently own a DSTWO and as long as this iEvo does what it claims to do and has a reasonable price then I may pick it up as well. As far as the DSTWO "fanboys", can you blame them? DSTWO is an awesome card and the SC team is really good about updates for games (so far). Funny how you bash people for bashing on DSTWO fanboys, then turn around and do the same to the iEvo fanboys. You are no better then the people you are making fun off. I remember the board being full of people saying the DSTWO was going to blow the Acekard 2i out of the water and the Acekard "fanboys" arguing that the Acekard was the "best" card on the market. To use the worn phrase: Same **** different day. The iEvo will be similar if not better the the DSTWO. Yes, new technology will always come out and people will always be excited. Everyone will have their favorites. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is when people ignore what has come before (iEvo fanboys) or refuse to admit that there is something better out there (DSTWO fanboys). Get over yourselves.

QUOTE(Lassik @ Dec 13 2010, 02:28 PM) As far as the comparison between the two cards though, if it can't do the in-game menu like the DSTWO can then i'm not really interested. I like the potential that the DSTWO has with this feature.
Seeing as the CycloDS Evo had this feature years ago (might have been one of the first to have it; not 100% sure), I'm pretty sure it will be included in the iEvo firmware/software.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Any mSD reader that comes with any cart is a piece of shit.
the one that came with my original r4 works great and feels quite sturdy, even though I have a SCDSONEi now(that reader looks like something I'd get from a gumball machine).
I think DealExtreme carries the reader.

EDIT: Yeah, they do: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30087

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Etalon said:
Ziggy Zigzagoon said:

Isn't that the point of DSi Mode? To allow full access to the DSi hardware?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it currently has no commercial dsi rom support. you can't read/write from the sd after code as run from slot-1 (limitation of the hardware). they haven't unlocked the nand. dsi-ware hasn't been decrypted. so right now this is a cyclods that offers the potential of dsi homebrew (faster cpu clock, more ram, access to the camera).

is that worth $50? it will depend on what they do with homebrew. a movie player running in dsi mode would be pretty sweet. emulation has so much potential. the trick is, how do you get people to code those projects if you are only willing to offer them a $50 flash kit in return?

-another world

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
it currently has no commercial dsi rom support. you can't read/write from the sd after code as run from slot-1 (limitation of the hardware). they haven't unlocked the nand. dsi-ware hasn't been decrypted. so right now this is a cyclods that offers the potential of dsi homebrew (faster cpu clock, more ram, access to the camera).

is that worth $50? it will depend on what they do with homebrew. a movie player running in dsi mode would be pretty sweet. emulation has so much potential. the trick is, how do you get people to code those projects if you are only willing to offer them a $50 flash kit in return?

-another world
Will you buy it for $50?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Jakob95 said:
Will you buy it for $50?

nope. not until there are some homebrew projects that do more than what we can already do on the ds. i don't want to see a dsi mode nes emu for example, but a psx emu or n64 emu would really interest me.

otherwise, like i said, its a $50 flash kit running in dsi mode to play ds titles. the dsi enhanced games and dsi only games do not yet work and its looking like they won't add support for awhile. i think they may be slightly paranoid about a law suit. =P i've been told that the card will ship blank and users will have to use that round device thing in the picture to flash the dsi exploit.

if they were smart they would already be paying homebrew devs to write new exclusive content or to port existing projects. launching with 20 exclusive homebrew projects would have been the right move. otherwise, your just buying this for its potential. for the same price you could pick up the scds2 and get snes emu, gba emu, mame emu, a video player, and more.

this kit something to consider depending on if the homebrew scene will embrace it. as of late the homebrew scene isn't doing all that much so either this is a good idea (as it will interest coders again) or its coming at a REALLY bad time (towards the end of the DS/DSi life cycle).

-another world

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AW you think N64 emu and psx emu can be accomplished with DSi mode? idk maybe if DS2 had DSi mode maybe it could combine both powers of processing speeds, but i would think it would be really laggy for emus, maybe perfect SNES and GBA emus can come from DSi mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Tell that to Psi, he'll tell you otherwise lol.