CycloDS iEvolution: the first DSi mode flashcart!

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
so, what's with the UFO/roomba cart FW flasher?
tongue.gif

Seriously, these things seem to lean on hogging all the space near a USB port(and getting bigger), why not just go the extra bit and make it like that save extractor(small form factor, rectangular, and just not huge)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:
They are not the only team that knows the common key....
1 more flash card will be here in easry January that does the same
o.0
I wonder if this was purely a coincidence that two flash cart teams managed to crack it at nearly the same time.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
OzModChips said:
They are not the only team that knows the common key....
1 more flash card will be here in easry January that does the same
o.0
I wonder if this was purely a coincidence that two flash cart teams managed to crack it at nearly the same time.

Lol
they have had it for ages
the shit takes a while to dev
You want it? I can sell it to someone if they want it
smile.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Davi92 said:
I wonder how they achieved this: IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong) the DSi checks DS cards this way:
- post-DSi-release DS cards (even not "enhanced" ones) have an additional RSA signature, that is ignored by DS Phat and DS Lite.
- the older cards (all DS Mode-only, obviously) are all in a whitelist in the DSi NAND (it should be a list with SHA1 sums of binaries, overlays, header etc).
According to Team Twiizers, all the current DSi flashcards work like this: when the DSi "asks" for header, binaries, overlays etc. to checksum them, they "answer" with the genuine data from a "whitelisted" exploitable game (this is why all of them have an original game icon/title). The DSi launches the "game" (obviously), but when the game binary loads the "exploitable" overlay, the card this time "answers" with the hacked one, and after the exploit is successful, the flashcard code gets executed.
Now, of course no DSi Enhanced game uses the whitelist (it would be foolish), they all use the additional signature. The DSi binary is also encrypted.
Maybe they just put a full DSi Enhanced game on the iEvo, one that loads an exploitable savegame on startup (basically, an "automatic" cooking coach exploit
tongue.gif
)?
Reading this made me realize that there are two other options:
1) They've got the RSA signature that lets you sign carts as original DSi games.
2) That 8MB NAND onboard... maybe it isn't for clean mode as I thought, but instead for a ripped DSi game, with some kind of a savegame exploit included in it, as you said?

Hmmm. Me do wants internal pics :/

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My crystal ball predicts... Supercard DSTHREE to be released within a few months, now with DSi compatibility and a processor!
No but seriously, it's a pretty cool breakthrough.. although I still use my old DS Phat
moogle.gif

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
team cyclop dev maybe in europe but all productions are in china, shenzhen surely, is possible to order in china but it's very expensive, about 35$ if i remenmber as wholesale price, add paypal fee profit margin maybe you lucky you can find it a 40$

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I currently have a DSi XL and a DSTWO name one homebrew that the DSi Mode gives(excluding crap camera homebrew that i would never use) that the DSTWO cant achieve?
I highly doubt team cyclops will release an SDK as more flashcart teams might get the code where as the dstwo is open source meaning better homebrew apps, thats my opinion though, i dont care about this....

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rockstar said:
I currently have a DSi XL and a DSTWO name one homebrew that the DSi Mode gives(excluding crap camera homebrew that i would never use) that the DSTWO cant achieve?
Actual DSi code. I can also run GBA emulators on my old gameboy, if I put a big CPU in a flashcard. It's just not the same.
Also, it might safe battery life, as the DSi CPU/RAM cycles are actually optimized for the DSi itself, where the DSTWO is just an assumed expansion.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
wacko.gif

Sh*t. I'm an Akaio fanboy.

What use would I have with a different card then? None!

There aren't much teams alive right now. I have no idea.

Oh. Wait... M3. They're so dead, that would explain a bit.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl.gif
@ all the excitement over this thing. People have tragically short memories, I must say. These guys drop off the face of the Earth for about two months, offer no real response to existing customers regarding support for the Evo, and people are ready to plunk down for a new card that will obviously be priced well above what's currently out there. For what? The possibility to play a few DSiware games maybe, or use the shitty extras in DSi-featured games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: