CycloDS iEvolution: the first DSi mode flashcart!

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prior to today, I'd have thought that there would never be a hacked DSi.

TC have instilled a little bit of hope in me.

But far too late, with the 3DS coming out in less than 3 months time.

There is a tiny possibility of a softmodded DSi.

But no one will bother, cos they'll all be playing with their 3DS.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, pretty sure there's no hope to have for that. I think that's why they went for a flash cartridge instead of custom firmware too. But there is DSi mode which will be available on the iEVO.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
Nope, pretty sure there's no hope to have for that. I think that's why they went for a flash cartridge instead of custom firmware too. But there is DSi mode which will be available on the iEVO.

Dude, in case you couldn't tell... I'm not even gonna bother.

Either way, to answer your question: Even if they did have a way to install a custom firmware, they wouldn't do it because they can't sell a cfw for $50... not as easily at least

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
You know, when this is released, all the SCDS2 needs is a firmware update. In fact, most generation 2 or 3 flashcart can do this, as it's not in the hardware, just in the software.

Why? Because Devs need to know the common code, it's just a matter of time when one of them sells it to a competitor, and then it'll be sold to yet another competitor, and eventually, it'll become public. Nintendo, you failed big time. Again.

I'd rather invest in an SCDS2, as I have a feeling this is going to suffer the same fate as the r4. It was revoloutionary, it had all new features, it was like the best card of it's time! Look at it now, the team is practically non-existent. I know there's wood, but what did people say before? If this is such a revolutionary cart, it's gonna get sued. And the fact that it's probably gonna be a software exploit.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know, when this is released, all the SCDS2 needs is a firmware update. In fact, most generation 2 or 3 flashcart can do this, as it's not in the hardware, just in the software.

Why? Because Devs need to know the common code, it's just a matter of time when one of them sells it to a competitor, and then it'll be sold to yet another competitor, and eventually, it'll become public. Nintendo, you failed big time. Again.

This. When will the failure end? Oh, the horror!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:

First, we don't know that it's all in the software.

Second, how did Nintendo fail again? You can get past hardware protection by fooling the software on it, and it's happened to every company. So Apple, Microsoft, Linux, Sony, Sega, and Nintendo all fail?

Go learn more shit about security before you make claims.

D

Deleted User

There is now hope of the 3DS being hacked early!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yay.gif
yay.gif

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, my question is this...

Does this also include the extra chip/RAM to allow GBA emulation? Or improve emulation capability then? Being able to run emulators on the DS has definitely made the thing more useful.
biggrin.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Personally - I don't care whether or not this will allow 'DSi only' games to be run

- most of the one's I've seen don't offer much in 'extras' anyway (usually it's just use of the camera), however the idea of being able to run DSi only homebrew does sound interesting

The ability of accessing the SD card, for example, allowing the DSi to do 'other things' does sound promising (Movie player for DS anyone ??) - but I still won't buy it

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada

Rydian said:
ron975 said:

First, we don't know that it's all in the software.

Second, how did Nintendo fail again? You can get past hardware protection by fooling the software on it, and it's happened to every company. So Apple, Microsoft, Linux, Sony, Sega, and Nintendo all fail?

Go learn more shit about security before you make claims.
Take a look at the DS, and how many flashcarts there are. Then, look at the wii. It was hacked less than 6 weeks from release. Now the DSi, hacked 2 years after.
Then compare that to the PS3, and the XBOX. Notice how I limited my claims to video game systems.

It is most likely in the software, infact, i'm almost certain it's in the software. Now, I don't say that i'm giving you a guarantee that it's a software exploit, but you said so yourself, "You can get past hardware protection by fooling the software on it"
What i'm trying to make clear is that this is a very risky move, making a flashcart like this.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
OzModChips said:
They are not the only team that knows the common key....
1 more flash card will be here in easry January that does the same
Is it actually because of the common key, or is it something else?

I am pretty sure it is becuase of this.
I guess someone can give it to you, or you can yank it out of the console yourself if you know how to solder

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
Then compare that to the PS3, and the XBOX. Notice how I limited my claims to video game systems.The DSi needed similar protection to the DS in order to still run DS games, it's like how a pandora battery would work on the PSP 3000 if they could find the new pre-IPL or whatever it's called for those motherboards. Like hackmii said with the wii, (it'll never get any better), Nintendo screwed themselves from the start. There's not much they could do at all while retaining backwards compatibility in the games themselves (DSi-enhanced titles).

ron975 said:
It is most likely in the software, infact, i'm almost certain it's in the software. Now, I don't say that i'm giving you a guarantee that it's a software exploit, but you said so yourself, "You can get past hardware protection by fooling the software on it"I was referring to if it needs new hardware or not. We'd all agree that the PS3's exploit is done in software, but you can't just stick the shit on an already-existing flash drive and make it work.

QUOTE(OzModChips @ Dec 13 2010, 02:17 AM)
I am pretty sure it is becuase of this.
I guess someone can give it to you, or you can yank it out of the console yourself if you know how to solder
Well we know a team managed to get a RAM dump, I just don't know what ever came of it, if this was done the same way or not I guess we'll need to wait until the workings aren't so secretive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof