CycloDS iEvolution: the first DSi mode flashcart!

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
gumbyx84 said:
Rydian said:
gumbyx84 said:
SC made one app, the iReader. That app did not come out at launch. Emulation was a no show as well.http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=268969
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=264282
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=264118
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=264128
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=264088
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=261329
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=253135

Not only did they get released, they also got multiple updates (the SNES one getting some unofficial ones as well), and the team publicly released the SDK, but not before privately releasing it (along with some free DSTwo carts) to a few developers to make sure there would be special homebrew for it. The crezator of DSx86 was one such person, and you can read about his progress in the blog on his site.
http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/

Wherever you're getting your info from, it's quite out of date and I suggest you find another source. If your only source is the news post you quoted, check the fucking timestamp, it's over a year old.

1. I quoted that news post because it was the oldest, and assumed first, announcement of the DSTWO I could find. I did so to compare what SC Team announced to what TC has announced.
2. Yes those apps were released and have been updated. This was AFTER the DSTWO launched. That is the point I was trying to make. The DSTWO did not have any of this stuff at launch. Re-read my original statement:
gumbyx84 said:
SC made one app, the iReader. That app did not come out at launch. Emulation was a no show as well.
3. Did you read the post at TC's website where they said they were giving out dev kits to homebrew developers?
From CyclopDS.com
Team Cyclops will gladly supply legitimate Homebrew application coders with a free iEVO unit to aid development. We are offering a total of 50 pcs of the new iEVO cartridge for free to real Homebrew developers. The first 50 applicants will receive a unit for free before release (One unit per group/site). Please provide details of previous applications or DS programs you coded.
Actually read what people type and do your own damn research before you tell them off.
You better be a CycloDS Fanboy
First you dont know how to write English
Second you are criticizing AnotherWorld and asking where he's getting all his info - You need to know this NOW, AnotherWorld is one of the temper that knows everything first and his SOURCES are the best at knowing stuff so dont even try to question AnotherWorld asking where he got it from or for any proof
Third DSTwo is better than the iEvolution until proven by the release - hacking the dsi mode only means dsi homebrew (NO GAMES, SD, OR ANYTHING) and DSTwo will be more powerful than the iEvolution and DSi combined (taken to the fact that the iEvolution case DOESN'T state anything about a CPU PROCESSOR)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
Second you are criticizing AnotherWorld and asking where he's getting all his info - You need to know this NOW, AnotherWorld is one of the temper that knows everything first and his SOURCES are the best at knowing stuff so dont even try to question AnotherWorld asking where he got it from or for any proof
To clarify, Another World is often in direct contact with flash cart teams. Yellow Wood Goblin releases Wood R4 through them, and they're in contact with Normmatt (often posting on the forums if certain bugs are to be fixed in the next version of AKAIO, for example) and they are often sent flash carts (even beta models) by teams to test and feedback/review.

Another World isn't magazine head because of an ability to copy-paste news stories from other sites, they're magazine head because they have real inside sources and can be trusted with and for info.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
You better be a CycloDS Fanboy
First you dont know how to write English
Third DSTwo is better than the iEvolution until proven by the release - hacking the dsi mode only means dsi homebrew (NO GAMES, SD, OR ANYTHING) and DSTwo will be more powerful than the iEvolution and DSi combined (taken to the fact that the iEvolution case DOESN'T state anything about a CPU PROCESSOR)1. I have a right to ask where he/she gets her information from. Just as he/she has the right not to answer me. I don't think he needs you defending him.
2. I don't really care if the DSTWO has better hardware then the iEvo (which we do not know for sure yet). I'm trying to point out that people shouldn't be harping on the iEvo as hard as they are. Most everyone here loved the DSTwo when it was announced and defended it. I think the iEvo deserves the same.
3. I am not a Cyclops fanboy. I am trying to look at without bias, something some people in this thread can't seem to do.
4. What is wrong with my writing exactly? Are their a few grammatical or spelling errors? Did I miss use punctuation? Does it really bother you that much or are you just trying to find things to complain about to hurt my feelings? If so, I don't really give a F. You should know that people on the 'net have poor grammar and spelling. Is it really that important to point it out?

Rydian said:
QUOTE(kiafazool @ Dec 14 2010, 06:01 PM) Second you are criticizing AnotherWorld and asking where he's getting all his info - You need to know this NOW, AnotherWorld is one of the temper that knows everything first and his SOURCES are the best at knowing stuff so dont even try to question AnotherWorld asking where he got it from or for any proof
To clarify, Another World is often in direct contact with flash cart teams. Yellow Wood Goblin releases Wood R4 through them, and they're in contact with Normmatt (often posting on the forums if certain bugs are to be fixed in the next version of AKAIO, for example) and they are often sent flash carts (even beta models) by teams to test and feedback/review.

Another World isn't magazine head because of an ability to copy-paste news stories from other sites, they're magazine head because they have real inside sources and can be trusted with and for info.
There is no such info anywhere else on the net, so I'm a bit skeptical. I have that right. Also, as he has been harping on it so hard, I can't help but feel he is being biased. I could be wrong. Doesn't mean you guys have to jump down my throat about it.

I again say that TC should be given a chance to prove the iEvo is comparable or better then the DSTWO. They announced the product on Monday. They haven't given all details out yet. They may have something up there sleeves, just like SC did. With dev kits being sent out in the near future, I expect devs to get apps ready for launch. There is nothing wrong them making it open-source and allowing devs to make apps. Its less pro-active, but we might be better off for it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Another World's info has always proven to be correct or confirmed by members of the teams themselves (they tend to have accounts here but many don't bother posting personally).

Their complaint was that this card only has potential, and like I stated potential is not enough to make sales when it comes to flash carts as people have bought shit carts before.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God this is causing alot of disagreements...Maybe the cyclodsi will be awesome...maybe it will flop.....in the end...none of this will matter in a year or two.....we'll all have moved on....its really not worth arguing....

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
The onboard firmware was removed since the Edge series to avoid legal issues after CycloDS previous seizures in France it is nothing new it is a smart move.

QUOTE said:
(From the official site) As promised, ...The iEVO will be the first flash cart in the market to enable this functionality, starting with homebrew applications and later support for commercial ROM’s. There are many potential uses for these features and we’re sure that the Homebrew scene will be delighted to support this functionality.

... Patience ;-)

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GH0ST said:
The onboard firmware was removed since the Edge series to avoid legal issues after CycloDS previous seizures in France it is nothing new it is a smart move.
The Edge wasn't made by TC was it? I thought it was a clone.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
gumbyx84 said:
GH0ST said:
Let's say it is an official clone ^^

Here are the reseller prices in euros ( not including VAT ) : 26.83 EUR
100+ pcs : 26.05 EUR / pcs.
250+ pcs : 25.28 EUR / pcs.
500+ pcs : 24.50 EUR / pcs.
1000+ pcs : 24.11 EUR / pcs.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GH0ST said:
gumbyx84 said:
GH0ST said:
Let's say it is an official clone ^^

Here are the reseller prices in euros ( not including VAT ) : 26.83 EUR
100+ pcs : 26.05 EUR / pcs.
250+ pcs : 25.28 EUR / pcs.
500+ pcs : 24.50 EUR / pcs.
1000+ pcs : 24.11 EUR / pcs.
Confused. If its an "official" clone, why wasn't there an Evo with DSi support earlier? There was the iEdge.

Jaylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, okay lets say people "move on" because the 3DS comes out. There are still DSi games and such that I have that still haven't been played because I lack the time.

Even still PS2 games that I haven't completed because of time.

However not to digress, console age has little to do with flashcard usage and emulation. If anything the age of a console will boost flashcard sales because people will get a little more bold about well erm...piracy and infringement out of a lack of fear of consequences. I mean who gets sued for downloading N64 roms? or Genesis?

Homebrew always sees positive results because the hardware becomes more familiar and better tools come out with age.

Will I get a Cyclo DSi?

Nope, I'm waiting on M3's iteration of a superpowered flashcard...lol

Don't Dissapoint me M3 Team...lol
smile.gif

Sakura + DSi Mode = Video Player Without Conversion = Greatness

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
QUOTE said:
Another World said:
i think they may be slightly paranoid about a law suit. =P i've been told that the card will ship blank and users will have to use that round device thing in the picture to flash the dsi exploit.
May I ask where you heard this? Was it direct from TC?

two different resellers explained to me that the card will ship blank, as should the second yet-to-be-announced dsi kit. things could change i'm only going on what i've been told so far.

-another world

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
QUOTE said:
Another World said:
i think they may be slightly paranoid about a law suit. =P i've been told that the card will ship blank and users will have to use that round device thing in the picture to flash the dsi exploit.
May I ask where you heard this? Was it direct from TC?

two different resellers explained to me that the card will ship blank, as should the second yet-to-be-announced dsi kit. things could change i'm only going on what i've been told so far.

-another world
Oh alright. Thought you got word direct from TC. The iEvo is starting to sound like the EDGE (requiring the user to flash fimware/software/exploit to the cart on arrival).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
gumbyx84 said:
Where you this harsh on the DSTWO? Everyone bought the DSTWO on potential alone when it first launched. What makes the iEvo so different? Everyone buys tech (especially game tech) on its potential.

the ds2 had potential because of the cpu, emulation, and sdk and not for features that run with important aspects locked out. everyone seems to want the ievo for the potential of dsi-ware, which isn't going to happen until someone is able to decrypt it and then gain access to using the dsi nand from outside the nds frimware. they have been working on those things for a while and its still hasn't happend. i'm sure it will one day but you can't hope for it or buy an ievo just for that aspect.

dsi homebrew is a nice idea but at $50 they will need to offer more than just a promise of better homebrew to come. just as the scds2 launched with a gba emu and soon followed with snes emulation, an sdk, pdf reader, and the video/music player, etc. i'm waiting to see what cyclops announces next because right now i don't understand why someone would buy this kit on day 1. although, its not like they will ever drop the price or allow resellers to sell it at a lower price, they have proven that much in the past.

its fine that potential makes sales, i just don't like to buy things until i see what it can do, not what they say it can do.

i was very harsh on the ds2. i faulted it for many of the problems it had and for the missing features. most of which they fixed after the review was published. i went so far as to say that the kit was a lesson for buying into the hype.

QUOTEThe SCDS2 is a lesson for buying into the hype of pre-release information, advertisements, and official team comments

again, ievo needs to launch with some exclusive content. hopefully the next news announcement will explain a bit more and talk about some of the special features they plan to introduce, if any.

the edge, as you asked about, was most probably made by cyclods. there is no proof and they have never said yes or no, just as supercard never admitted to making the iplayer. i do have a source that confirmed supercard did make the iplayer. with the edge, its the cyclods missing the extra chip for the firmware and whatever else it used. if you look they just released firmware updates around the same time, right after team cyclods came back, and both have a similiar change log. its pretty obvious, even without proof, that they came from the same team. i don't think making a clone if your own hardware is bad at all. acekard made the r4 ultra (ak2i actel chip clone) and it made them more money. when you are on their side of the fence money is what is important. as long as the card gets support and updates, and works, i could care less who made it =P.

i'm not biased, i'll never be biased, i like stuff that works and i hate stuff that sucks. i'm not getting paid to do this, i do this for fun. i'm only challenging the thoughts of the buyers who feel that dsi mode is the answer to all of our problems. the dsi doesn't appear to be fully hacked yet, and the common key is only part of the exploit.

it's understandable that you want to challenge what i know and require proof to back it up. i'll just say that the dsi comments i've made thus far are honest and they come from VERY reliable sources. i'm not being given 4th hand information from someone's little sister, so-to-speak.

i don't mind you challenging me at all. if you didn't i would probably just ignore you as someone who can't think for themselves =).

and to answer your other question, i'm mostly using my scds2 in my dsi right now as my ak2i lost contact. in my gb micro i'm using my m3 lite. in my ds lite i'm using the ismart mm (and i like it so far).

i want the ievo, i want dsi homebrew.... i've wanted dsi homebrew for awhile. i'm really really happy to hear about this card and the next dsi kit that should be comming out soon. also i've heard rumors from a good source that a new dsi exploit will be announced around xmas day. something i've been told is so good that users won't believe it.

i'm excited but not stupid enough to buy into the hype again. i'll let it all play out before i spend a weeks worth of grocery money on a flash kit =P.

-another world

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i was very harsh on the ds2. i faulted it for many of the problems it had and for the missing features. most of which they fixed after the review was published. i went so far as to say that the kit was a lesson for buying into the hype.
….
i'm not biased, i'll never be biased, i like stuff that works and i hate stuff that sucks. i'm not getting paid to do this, i do this for fun. i'm only challenging the thoughts of the buyers who feel that dsi mode is the answer to all of our problems. the dsi doesn't appear to be fully hacked yet, and the common key is only part of the exploit. I apologize for my knee-jerk reaction. I assumed (ass-u-me) that your harsh words towards the iEvo were based on bias. I should have taken my own advice and done some research on your view of the DSTWO.

Another World said:
the ds2 had potential because of the cpu and it not for features that run with the most important aspects locked out. everyone seems to want the ievo for the potential of dsi-ware, which isn't going to happen until someone is able to decrypt it and then gain access to using the dsi nand from outside the nds frimware. they have been working on those things for a while and its still hasn't happend. i'm sure it will one day but you can't hope for it or buy an ievo just for that aspect.

dsi homebrew is a nice idea but at $50 they will need to offer more than just a promise of better homebrew to come. just as the scds2 launched with a gba emu and soon followed with snes emulation, an sdk, pdf reader, and the video/music player, etc. i'm waiting to see what cyclops announces next because right now i don't understand why someone would buy this kit on day 1. although, its not like they will ever drop the price or allow resellers to sell it at a lower price, they have proven that much in the past.

its fine that potential makes sales, i just don't like to buy things until i see what it can do not what they say it can do.
……
i want the ievo, i want dsi homebrew.... i've wanted dsi homebrew for awhile. i'm really really happy to hear about this card and the next dsi kit that should be comming out soon. also i've heard rumors from a good source that a new dsi exploit will be announced around xmas day. something i've been told is so good that users won't believe it.

i'm excited but not stupid enough to buy into the hype again. i'll let it all play out before i spend a weeks worth of grocery money on a flash kit =P. I agree that some people believe the iEvo will be "the best ever". I think that DSi mode is a big step forward for homebrew (ATM I dont really care about Commercial DSi ROMs), but its will not be the "be all, end all" flash cart/kit like people thought the DSTWO would be. The best thing to do is wait and see what happens.

Another World said:
it's understandable that you want to challenge what i know and require proof to back it up. i'll just say that the dsi comments i've made thus far are honest and they come from VERY reliable sources. i'm not being given 4th hand information from someone's little sister, so-to-speak.I understand not wanting to give out your sources. I just wanted to know if you got the info directly from the developers or other channels. I tend to believe the developer more then 3rd-party sources because I do not know them. No offense to you or them.

QUOTE(Another World @ Dec 14 2010, 08:41 PM) the edge, as you asked about, was most probably made by cyclods. there is no proof and they have never said yes or no, just as supercard never admitted to making the iplayer. i do have a source that confirmed supercard did make the iplayer. with the edge, its the cyclods missing the extra chip for the firmware and whatever else it used. if you look they just released firmware updates around the same time, right after team cyclods came back, and both have a similiar change log. its pretty obvious, even without proof, that they came from the same team. i don't think making a clone if your own hardware is bad at all. acekard made the r4 ultra (ak2i actel chip clone) and it made them more money. when you are on their side of the fence money is what is important. as long as the card gets support and updates, and works, i could care less who made it =P.
Ever since I heard about the EDGE and saw the GUI, I had a feeling it was running the CycloDS firmware. Like you, I noticed the firmware updates for the two carts coming out soon after one another and that they had similar "updates". I assumed it was stolen code and TC going after them in the background. : shrugs: If TC did make it, that's fine. I just don't know why they would release a product in direct competition with their flagship product. Wouldn't have been easier to just release a DSi compatible Evo card? Then again, I never had a head for business.

QUOTE(Another World @ Dec 14 2010, 08:41 PM)
i don't mind you challenging me at all. if you didn't i would probably just ignore you as someone who can't think for themselves =).
I will admit that I am happy you responded with a valid counter-argument. I'm actually surprised you responded at all. I'm not as much of a regular as some people and I assumed you would ignore me and/or ban/lock my account or something. Some people do not like it when others question them. Glad you are not one of them.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
A bit off topic, but: How can I subscribe to Another World's postings?

I'm saving so much time by reading this stuff... It's unbelievable...

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't see any post with the word DSiPlayer in it
moogle.gif

Ontopic: Just sold my DSi for 90€, and i'm not happy.
But, ah, well.
Great news, also for HB developers. Maybe a BeUp with cam/mic function
rolleyes.gif
?
Well, great news. Never expected this from TeamCyclo.
Oh, and, somewhere in March/April 2010, i got also to manage to an DSi exploit. I never published it anyway.
Well, also now, not publishing (please do not ask).
And if it is released: good news for Nintendo and TC: their console/flashcard sales go up (just think about it, it is true).
Oh sh1t, wait a minute... Shoptemp is dead?! awww...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?