Hacking cw cheats reading but crash PSP

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated to 6.60 proc2 as recommended, and everything works great.
I'm new to all this but the only homebrew/mod stuff I installed was the CWCHEAT files, and it's in the right location, and it's set for PSP (with the line for PSP go removed)

When I get to a game, I wait till it's at a normal point in the game (non cutscene) and holding select brings up the cheat list for the game and it looks fine.

I've tried turning on ONE cheat, for a few different games, and the screen freezes as soon as I click the activate button, and after about 30-45 seconds, the PSP automatically does a self shutdown.

So what am I doing wrong? Running a somewhat recent cheat file from a few months ago on a PSP 2000 btw.

Thanks!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Odds are that the cheats are bad. I'd suggest getting a db file from a better source.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shoot. Oh well. Strange how the correct game data and cheat list are showing for each game. This is the first time I started using CW CHEAT. Are the databases different for PSP models, or CFW types, or it should be all good2go regardless?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Shoot. Oh well. Strange how the correct game data and cheat list are showing for each game. This is the first time I started using CW CHEAT. Are the databases different for PSP models, or CFW types, or it should be all good2go regardless?

There's no way to tell if cheats are good...them showing up in the list is just due to them being named correctly. A bad cheat causes your PSP to shut down most of the time because the memory keeps working away trying to execute the cheat until there's nothing left.

If you got the database from an ISO site, then perhaps think about searching for your own so you know they're good. Half the time those sites just take content from other places without checking it works.

Mdub_SelfTaught_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm on the wrong page but I'm kinda stuck on this. I have a psp 2001 with 2g running 6.60 B 10. Now the problem is that when i put new cheats in they don't seem to show up but the data base brings up others.
EX. I play breath of fire 3 and all the v=cheats pop up if i then play saga frontier which i manually had to enter in they won't show. Now I've done all my research fairly needed and have the serial matching the game and what not Help me if anybody can

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I'm on the wrong page but I'm kinda stuck on this. I have a psp 2001 with 2g running 6.60 B 10. Now the problem is that when i put new cheats in they don't seem to show up but the data base brings up others.
EX. I play breath of fire 3 and all the v=cheats pop up if i then play saga frontier which i manually had to enter in they won't show. Now I've done all my research fairly needed and have the serial matching the game and what not Help me if anybody can

Start Saga Frontier. Then bring up the CWCheat menu and copy down the Game ID that CWCheat displays at the top of the menu. That's the ID you need in your Cheat db for the game so double check it matches.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to tell if cheats are good...them showing up in the list is just due to them being named correctly. A bad cheat causes your PSP to shut down most of the time because the memory keeps working away trying to execute the cheat until there's nothing left.

If you got the database from an ISO site, then perhaps think about searching for your own so you know they're good. Half the time those sites just take content from other places without checking it works.

So I tried another cheat.db file from a forum site that is exclusively PSP/VITA support and the cheat.db was from one of the main stickied threads. Tried a bunch of games and only selecting one cheat at a time. As soon as I press select to load/apply the cheats, PSP blinks like crazy until memory runs out and does a hard shutdown.

Do I have some setting wrong? I have the cwcheat folder under SEPLUGINS, which is on the root.
in SEPLUGINS, I have the game.txt file with this line in it: ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx (I also tried: ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 0) but the zero doesn't seem to matter)

The plugins are active from the "Hold R when booting up" menu, so I don't think that's an issue.
Any ideas?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you disabled all your other plugins and tested CWCheat alone? I don't have a PSP running 6.60 PRO C so i can't double check myself but i'd suggest trying to isolate the plugin and then downloading a different one just to check your plugin isn't bad. In fact we have it here

Mdub_SelfTaught_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start Saga Frontier. Then bring up the CWCheat menu and copy down the Game ID that CWCheat displays at the top of the menu. That's the ID you need in your Cheat db for the game so double check it matches.

I did a double check and everything matches to the T. I think it's something to do with the update and editing the file. Whenever I open Cheat db and pops in notepad everything seems according. I know for a fact these codes work. Tried it on a psp 1001 6.60 me and they work fine

Mdub_SelfTaught_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can also remove all of my games and what not and put a dummy pic of what it should look like I have cw cheat running fully just not the cheats i want :(

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Try the CWCheat database editor and see if it makes any difference.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess for whatever reason, I got CW CHEATS working. Basically, I was starting a game, going to the cheat menu and doing the following:
1.turning on cheats (first option)
2.selecting just one cheat
3. Press "Select" (To Save Database)
And then the PSP freezes and does a hard shutdown as soon as I press select.

I THOUGHT the cheats were not active unless I hit select. What I needed to do was Step 1-3 and then.
4. Press "O" to return to main cheat menu
5. Go down to "Return to Game" and press X (Most cheats seem to work after this)

I have no idea what the "select - to save database" thing is good for besides locking up the PSP. Can someone explain the purpose to me?

Thanks!

Mdub_SelfTaught_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys but I did a fresh install and when i installed 6.60 me over my 6.60 b 10 which it added a menu and also i can use MUSIX prx. and CW cheat. Just bought a psp av cable and loving it :)

Mdub_SelfTaught_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I b
So I guess for whatever reason, I got CW CHEATS working. Basically, I was starting a game, going to the cheat menu and doing the following:
1.turning on cheats (first option)
2.selecting just one cheat
3. Press "Select" (To Save Database)
And then the PSP freezes and does a hard shutdown as soon as I press select.

I THOUGHT the cheats were not active unless I hit select. What I needed to do was Step 1-3 and then.
4. Press "O" to return to main cheat menu
5. Go down to "Return to Game" and press X (Most cheats seem to work after this)

I have no idea what the "select - to save database" thing is good for besides locking up the PSP. Can someone explain the purpose to me?

Thanks!

I think its for when you use the hex codes that you manually put in where you have to find a repeating number some like (don't quote me thou)

Xlanders

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I say why cwcheat crash your PSP because a big use 100% of CPU if you enable a cheat the game want more power
and for the little game use ~23-40% you can enabled 10 cheat and more

sorry if you don't understand but i'm french i know write good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!