Homebrew [Custom Launcher] Spider3DSTools released

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we have ARM11 control through spider3DStools and ARM9 control through the other release, what is stopping us from doing something like hijacking Download Play > Using it to open a .3DS of something like DEVMENU > using that to install a .CIA of DEVMENU to the Home Menu in sysNAND?

I know that sysNAND is usually something people dislike modifying, but still.

Reactions: Shubshub

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If we have ARM11 control through spider3DStools and ARM9 control through the other release, what is stopping us from doing something like hijacking Download Play > Using it to open a .3DS of something like DEVMENU > using that to install a .CIA of DEVMENU to the Home Menu in sysNAND?

I know that sysNAND is usually something people dislike modifying, but still.

This. It'd be awesome to have something that does this

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. It'd be awesome to have something that does this

If I remember correctly, spider doesn't have far enough reach to do this, which is why I suggested using Download Play to launch the .3DS. It's already been shown that Download Play can launch .3DS files from carts, so I'm curious if it could launch from the SD, then be used to install the .CIA so that we can do whatever from there.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If I remember correctly, spider doesn't have far enough reach to do this, which is why I suggested using Download Play to launch the .3DS. It's already been shown that Download Play can launch .3DS files from carts, so I'm curious if it could launch from the SD, then be used to install the .CIA so that we can do whatever from there.
Devmen is unsigned so that won't work.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)