Hacking Custom IOSX Rev21 Released!!

xxbeanxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rev 21 still has a slight periodic lag in controls for me. Tried base 56 and base 57. It seems much less noticeable than the lag in rev 20 but it's definitely there. Rev 19 has no lag whatsoever.
Wish I knew for sure what was causing the lag because it seems like some people have no issues at all with laggy controls.

I'm using WiiFlow r.304 and have a fat32 formatted drive.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xxbeanxx said:
Rev 21 still has a slight periodic lag in controls for me. Tried base 56 and base 57. It seems much less noticeable than the lag in rev 20 but it's definitely there. Rev 19 has no lag whatsoever.
Wish I knew for sure what was causing the lag because it seems like some people have no issues at all with laggy controls.

I also have lags in rev 20 and rev 21, I'm using configurable usb loader. I simply switched to hermes IOS222 and the lags are gone now
rolleyes.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
xxbeanxx said:

I also have lags in rev 20 and rev 21, I'm using configurable usb loader. I simply switched to hermes IOS222 and the lags are gone now
rolleyes.gif
A few days ago, I thought I had fixed my controller lag problems, but I was mistaken.
  • cIOS249 rev20b and rev21 with any base (lag is more noticeable with 57 than 56).
  • Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 using IOS58
  • 4.3U
  • Configurable USB Loader and WiiFlow (latest)
  • Western Digital 2TB "Elements" formatted as NTFS (FAT32 partitions didn't fix the lag either).

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lacius said:
Western Digital 2TB "Elements" formatted as NTFS (FAT32 partitions didn't fix the lag either).

Hm. I'm confused. Why does FAT32 fix the lag for others and for some it doesn't?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justmike said:
Lacius said:
Western Digital 2TB "Elements" formatted as NTFS (FAT32 partitions didn't fix the lag either).

Hm. I'm confused. Why does FAT32 fix the lag for others and for some it doesn't?

different Wiis different hard drives different softmod setup etc etc

xxbeanxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not convinced the laggy controls is are caused by the hard drive and here are the reasons:[*]I have the same issue when playing games off my Kingston thumbdrive[*]When the controller lag happens, no other lag occurs. For example, enemies on the screen are fluid and the game doesn't "chop." If the issue was with the hard drive, I would expect other aspects of the game to be affected, not just controls.Of course I have no idea what is going on inside the IOS so maybe it is the drive; but until someone gives me a good explanation as to why it could be the drive, I will stay unconvinced.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxbeanxx said:
I'm not convinced the laggy controls is are caused by the hard drive and here are the reasons:[*]I have the same issue when playing games off my Kingston thumbdrive[*]When the controller lag happens, no other lag occurs. For example, enemies on the screen are fluid and the game doesn't "chop." If the issue was with the hard drive, I would expect other aspects of the game to be affected, not just controls.Of course I have no idea what is going on inside the IOS so maybe it is the drive; but until someone gives me a good explanation as to why it could be the drive, I will stay unconvinced.
Actually, I have tried multiple hard drives. I have a Western Digital 1TB "My Book" formatted as NTFS, and it works without lag problems. I also have dozens of thumb drives ranging from 1GB to 8GB, formatted a million different ways, and they all work without lag as well. My only USB hard drive that has controller issues is my Western Digital 2TB "Elements," which is the one I most want to work.
unsure.gif
Although my 2TB "Elements" has around 1.4TB of videos on it, I am currently in the process of backing up and reformatting it. Although I am not at all optimistic, I will let you all know how it goes.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the elements is a crappy brand of WD. my friend bought one from newegg, it died when i was filling it. only about ~800GB transferred to it, but it died in the middle of the night.

i believe its the drive in this case. but if you tested multiple drives, i can't say for sure.

xxbeanxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
xxbeanxx said:
Actually, I have tried multiple hard drives. I have a Western Digital 1TB "My Book" formatted as NTFS, and it works without lag problems. I also have dozens of thumb drives ranging from 1GB to 8GB, formatted a million different ways, and they all work without lag as well. My only USB hard drive that has controller issues is my Western Digital 2TB "Elements," which is the one I most want to work.
unsure.gif
Although my 2TB "Elements" has around 1.4TB of videos on it, I am currently in the process of backing up and reformatting it. Although I am not at all optimistic, I will let you all know how it goes.

Well that is evidence that in fact it is the drive that is causing the issue. I don't have another drive to try, although I plan on getting a 1TB drive for off-site backups in the coming weeks. I will try with that to see if I have any issues.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
the elements is a crappy brand of WD. my friend bought one from newegg, it died when i was filling it. only about ~800GB transferred to it, but it died in the middle of the night.
That's very interesting. I've had my "Elements" for only a few months, but excluding this controller lag issue with the Wii, it has worked like a dream. Is this idea that the "Elements" is a crappy brand of WD a widespread feeling or just your friend's one experience? I am very interested to know; I did virtually no research before buying it.

Also, just to make it clear, controller lag problems don't make a drive useless. I've had no problem playing backups with my drive when using Hermes' IOS. Although I am convinced my problem for the most part has something to do with the drive, I get 100% compatibility for the games I play using Hermes' IOS with IOS57 as a base. From what I understand, using Hermes' IOS with IOS37 as a base tends to cover those games with which IOS57 doesn't cut it. If reformatting my drive doesn't fix the problem, I'm still covered. It would still be nice if Hermes' IOS received support for using IOS56 as a base though.
closedeyes.gif

xxbeanxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
VashTS said:
That's very interesting. I've had my "Elements" for only a few months, but excluding this controller lag issue with the Wii, it has worked like a dream. Is this idea that the "Elements" is a crappy brand of WD a widespread feeling or just your friend's one experience? I am very interested to know; I did virtually no research before buying it.

Also, just to make it clear, controller lag problems don't make a drive useless. I've had no problem playing backups with my drive when using Hermes' IOS. Although I am convinced my problem for the most part has something to do with the drive, I get 100% compatibility for the games I play using Hermes' IOS with IOS57 as a base. From what I understand, using Hermes' IOS with IOS37 as a base tends to cover those games with which IOS57 doesn't cut it. If reformatting my drive doesn't fix the problem, I'm still covered. It would still be nice if Hermes' IOS received support for using IOS56 as a base though.
closedeyes.gif

Kinda off topic here but I couldn't get Metroid Prime Trilogy to work with any Hermes (5.1) cIOSs. I tried them all including with base 57 (which works with Waninkoko).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxbeanxx said:
Kinda off topic here but I couldn't get Metroid Prime Trilogy to work with any Hermes (5.1) cIOSs. I tried them all including with base 57 (which works with Waninkoko).
You have to use the alt dol method in order to get Metroid Prime Trilogy to work. This is with any cIOS, not just Hermes's cIOS.

xxbeanxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
xxbeanxx said:
You have to use the alt dol method in order to get Metroid Prime Trilogy to work. This is with any cIOS, not just Hermes's cIOS.

Yes; I know this. It does not work for me using Hermes. This is why I am still interested in Waninkoko's releases as I still can't completely rely on Hermes.

Raul83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To the people that experience lag, does it happen while in swords duel in WS resort? Like when you are moving it, the sword stops moving for a sec so that the next swings become clumsy? Just curious. (WBFS/ WesternD. rev21)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
VashTS said:

closedeyes.gif

there were quite a few bad reviews and other people reporting problems as well. you may get lucky and have a reliable drive, much like seagate. you can get a good one, but odds are you will get one that craps out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Well, in that thread they say it's pretty much safe to manage save files back and forth to consoles as long as you don't go online with cheats activated or with a pirate game.
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    I own every of my games legit with their own cartridges
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    also, I'm not planning to use any cheats, etc, just continue the normal gameplay on the emulator
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It only gives a internet settings option then it spazes out
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @ATEMVEGETA if you use save from other switch you may be ok, but using a save from emulator to switch will prob get you banned
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under ipv4/6
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    The save file will be created and started normally on the Switch's OFW with a legit game. Then that save file will be transfered to the emulator and continue the gameplay there. Then send it back to the console.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like I need to touch @Sicklyboy rack to make it work at this point
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    The save file(s) would never be created first in an emulator
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Do you think continuing the story on the emulator would flag the save file as illegal? (Again no cheats, etc will take place, only normal story of the game progress)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But still using the save on a emulator, then back to switch is shady
    +2
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Yea, that's the only thing I want to clarify actually. If someone has tried it with no problems.
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    If using the save on the emulator flags the save file. :/
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Again, "using" I mean normal gameplay not modify it with other means like pokehex, etc
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Can you help me clarify this thing somehow? Do you know someone that may know or have tried it?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just play it on the emulation at home and portable use the normal save, I wouldn't risk anything if online is important to you
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My psychiatrist tried to help me once said it was mine 9 months later
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just ask in the forums if anybody has done it, I don't know of anybody who has, or would risk it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby daddy issues lol
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    this is what I did here. I hope I get some responces
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy was a little cray cray
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go cray cray on it like a coloring book
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: