AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ok, I'll start adding custom sound to the banners/channels and update the booter to v30 (i.e. usb support) and background resolution to 16:9:
As a start:
Super Mario Sunshine:
channel: http://www.mediafire...1bbgze5o1nn1ye1
banner: http://www.mediafire...dd88wn7a9tu981n
file also uploaded to fileden (http://www.fileden.c...3303540/GMS.bnr)

I'll continue with these first
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4253040

Finding custom sound and editing will take a lot of time so any help is appreciated :)
Please test this and tell me what you think
Abz

Edit1: that "wav" file used here is huge in size 900kb!! Though I used compression option in customiize mii and made the file mono with 44K bit rate but still, I need a more clean way of compressing sound this way I can really add nice soundtracks while keeping the bnr size to a minimum.
Anyone?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Tutorial: How to grab an audio track from youtube and add it to a Channel/Banner
You will need:​
1. Freecoder5 toolbar for firefox/IE or any similar tool​
2. A wave editor (I use Abode Audition but any other tool can do the trick as well)​
3. Ability to view Youtube (No firewalls or restrictions)​
4. Customiize Mii & ShowMiiWads​
Let's start:​
1. Install Freecoder 5 get it from here: http://applian.com/freecorder5/
2. Open Firefox/IE to complete installation you should have a toolbar like this:​
2upxqao.jpg
3. search youtube for the game you want ex: "animal crossing title music or soudtrack or theme song"​
4. Press record audio tool button (the one with music note - encircled above) you'll get an mp3​
5. Open the Wave editor and trim/edit/add fade in-out whatever works, try keeping the file below 20 secs​
6. Save as PCM Wav - convert to mono and lower bit rate to make the file smaller​
7. Add the sound to the custom channel with customiizemii and extract the banner with showmiiwads as explained in the first tutorial in Page 1.​
.​
P.S. I still need to find the best bitrate/setting to keep size to a minimum keeping a god quality.
To compress the sound file open the channel in customiizemii > options > new sound > browse > convert to bns > select the wav sound (add loop function if needed) then create the wad (thanks Fix94 for the tip & megazig for the bns converter)​
.​
This is the fastest way I could find please feel free to add your tips :)
Abz​

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I find your banners (with the still picture, and the default GC sound) to be very big (~800k), while I have some custom banners from someone else with custom sounds and animation at around ~200k.

Could it be your used pictures which are that big inside the banner?

I never tried to make one myself, so I don't really know how things are working and converted.
I would have to test it one day.

I'll be more eager to update the channels with custom sounds if online download becomes available.
The banner download feature is now working in USBGX (not release yet).
Though, sometime the banner are not downloaded (I guess it's a problem from fileden.com, it might not like flood download? maybe it's temporary banning the IP? after some time/retries it worked).
Also, fileden is serving a gif file for unfound file instead of a 404 code.
I placed the URL in the settings, so it's easy to update if you ever decide to change your host.

PS: I don't know where to place your name :P
I need some free space.
Is that ok if it's not on the loader? the URL is an external setting, anyone can use another URL (from another author) so it's not good to put it when downloading.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@Cyan. Thanks!
I used moderate quality for the images maybe that's why the file is larger, I'll try low quality to see how much will this affect the size.
Also with latest sound/bns tip, I could bring down the wav file from ~900kb to ~300kb hence saving 2/3 the banner space as well
I will do my best to keep the updated banners compressed keeping the good image quality.
All updated bnr (with custom sound) will replace the old files on fileden
I'll keep you posted
Abz
:)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Anyone know of a a good custom banner to use for the Swiss-GC iso images? (It seems not to have a game icon or something because it crashes WiiFlow when trying to create the default banner.)
Even if anyone knows where to get a forwarder channel for Swiss-Booter that I could rip the banner from, that would work, too.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats great but i have a request, can someone make a banner file which contains the Gamecube boot screen because im in love with it and the sound is automatically played on things like USB Loader GX and Wiiflow, it would feel classical whilst at the same time they could keep the icons on the screen the games names.

I have a guide i found for the animation part but i cant manage it
https://sites.google.com/site/wiibannerguide/

Heres the Gamecube Boot animation from google images.
tumblr_lrxomiSQsX1qkyzcdo1_500.gif

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thats great but i have a request, can someone make a banner file which contains the Gamecube boot screen because im in love with it and the sound is automatically played on things like USB Loader GX and Wiiflow, it would feel classical whilst at the same time they could keep the icons on the screen the games names.

https://sites.google...wiibannerguide/

there's already a banner made using the above animation, I think it's in "LWares"'s signature, just do a member search and grab it from his sig :)
Edit: if you want to change the icon's logo you can do this quickly using customiize mii.
Just ask me if you need any help
Abz

Reactions: 1 person

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country

https://sites.google...wiibannerguide/

there's already a banner made using the above animation, I think it's in "LWares"'s signature, just do a member search and grab it from his sig :)
Edit: if you want to change the icon's logo you can do this quickly using customiize mii.
Just ask me if you need any help
Abz
Its very nice you said that but seeing the intro on that one its not really in the middle which is a shame but anyways thankyou for that!

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok update about his channel thing, the quality of the gamecube boot is bad but it has worked well in a way, i can edit the icon and it seems easier to do which is great but again the quality is bad on the boot image on the wii's end the quality of the images extracted are great. If you want to use a template version of his I can link the modified static channel for people to try improve on. Just load the wad in CustomizeMii and I wish you luck.

Link to My Modified version for creating icons.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43461894/TestBanner.wad

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ok update about his channel thing, the quality of the gamecube boot is bad but it has worked well in a way, i can edit the icon and it seems easier to do which is great but again the quality is bad on the boot image on the wii's end the quality of the images extracted are great. If you want to use a template version of his I can link the modified static channel for people to try improve on. Just load the wad in CustomizeMii and I wish you luck.

http://dl.dropbox.co.../TestBanner.wad
Thanks for that base.
Problem here is that icon is "A3" i.e. low quality, change it to "A8" high quality and use png format and it should look much better.
As for the banner you may have noticed the huge number of frames used, making them high quality will render the size unacceptably large.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country

http://dl.dropbox.co.../TestBanner.wad
Thanks for that base.
Problem here is that icon is "A3" i.e. low quality, change it to "A8" high quality and use png format and it should look much better.
As for the banner you may have noticed the huge number of frames used, making them high quality will render the size unacceptably large.
No probs! i didnt know what the quality thing was about and thats just how it came but the images are png inside i extracted them to make this version and its nice to know that people can have the retro look of the gamecube when selecting it. Let the old introduction live still for ages with support of others! Lets get cool icons out and recreate the retro mode of gamecube!

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
What would be a funny idea is if someone recreated the bios screen of the gamecube and each peice of the cube was a different loader such as;

Gamecube isos, Wii isos, Emulators, Nand Emulator, Media Player and maybe Homebrew loader.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In0beAki4mM[/youtube]

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that's funny indeed.
Welcome to vaporware land :D

Edit: we can add banner support too,
we just need a developper :P
Project WiiBirth (Rebirth the Cube!)
Having the gamecube menu as a loader for the wii.

Edit:
Just for fun i made a quick image to explain it sort of....
WiiBirth.png

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
You can just make Wiibirth theme for wiiflow/usbl-gx or usb-loader-cfg,
will be much faster, easier and you don't have to deal with bugs :)
Anyway you're not planning on adding any extra feature
just my 2 cents
if someone could make a version of wiiflow/configloader/usbloader like this id like their version!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The closest thing I can think of is making a theme in WiiFlow where the covers are square and placed in the shape of a box. You could use the rotation sound from the GC Bios for switching boxes. I'm sure it wouldn't DO quite what you're wanting it to but you might be able to rig it to look the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...