Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It seems that Tim Buckley of Ctrl Alt Del fame, and Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw of Zero Punctuation, are at each other's throats, in another installment of Internet Drama. Ahem.

A long time ago, in a gaming review far far away, Yahtzee commented briefly on the fact that a comic, being primarily a visual art form, should have more, well, visuals, using Tim "Wall-O-Text" Buckley's CAD as an example of what not to do.

Suffice it to say, this escalated. (I'll skip the three pages of links to escapades from both sides, because, damn, three pages. Of links. Wall of walls of text.)

Leading us to this week's episode of Zero Punctuation, How to make Gaming Webcomics.

blink.gif

I'll spare you my take on the story, and just let you gather your own info and draw your own conclusions. In case you're not familiar with the subject matter. And then get back here. And vote. And discuss.

So, in today's installment of Internet Drama
, who do you vote for? Tim B^U Buckley, or Ben Croshaw?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
VGCats also mocked CAD before the whole baby thing..

BU.jpg

Yeah.. The miscarriage thing was ridiculous, I wouldn't mind if Buckley created a new webcomic more serious, with stuff like that.. but putting it on CAD was a stupid decision..

He made some very funny comics in the past, but now it's been some time since I saw something good over there :/

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Seems like no one really like CAD. Oh well... I don't really care because it's not my problem. If the end comes, then it comes. It's his comic(HE MAKES IT), but he can still be mocked/made fun of for it.

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.

So CAD is a comic in the vain of Penny Arcade...pretty much the same thing. Awhile ago the two characters had sex, she got preggo, and they got engaged. Now, CAD is a video game humor comic. And all of the sudden they through in this miscarriage story arc, which just seems RIDICULOUS and totally out of place.

Read from here on:

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080528

It is his comic, but he is still doing very poorly at writing it lately. The ones I posted are parodies making fun of the idea. I mean its a comic that has a joke....and all of the sudden something this serious happens? The hell.....

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MR_COW said:
Ok.

So CAD is a comic in the vain of Penny Arcade...pretty much the same thing. Awhile ago the two characters had sex, she got preggo, and they got engaged. Now, CAD is a video game humor comic. And all of the sudden they through in this miscarriage story arc, which just seems RIDICULOUS and totally out of place.

Read from here on:

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080528

It is his comic, but he is still doing very poorly at writing it lately. The ones I posted are parodies making fun of the idea. I mean its a comic that has a joke....and all of the sudden something this serious happens? The hell.....
QFT. You would think the would be some sort of "easing in" to such a serious comic, but there wasn't. I used to like CAD, even with the flak it's been getting, and with Tim being essentially a dick. But now, I can't read it anymore. He just went too far out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off