Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

fitz420

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update cpasjuste!!! I've noticed some of you, when posting screenshots, have reboot/power on your main screen. Could someone please post their entry in the cfg file to have this. Thank you.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is ridiculous. I love it :D
DSC_0297_edited_8b.png

Thanks for the update cpasjuste!!! I've noticed some of you, when posting screenshots, have reboot/power on your main screen. Could someone please post their entry in the cfg file to have this. Thank you.
There are homebrews out there doing this. For example I have that in my boot.cfg, among the other entries:
Code:
    {
       title = "Power Off";
       path = "/3ds/3DSQuickShutdown-Always/3DSQuickShutdown-Always.3dsx";
     }
And I obviously have the corresponding .3dsx file in the described location.

edit
Here's the one to reboot I guess https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-quick-reboot-cfw-gateway-ninjhax.379101/
And here's the one to shutdown https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-quick-shutdown.399981/

Last edited by Hayleia,

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

I just updated to version 1.3 to mainly add colors in configuration file, as requested a lot :)
Be sure to update your "boot.cfg" config file (add the "theme" section).

1.3: add colors to configuration file
1.3: fix override button not working when timeout > 0 (thanks @Aroth)
1.3: add old ctrulib as submodule (fix CakeBrah)
1.3: add old CakeBrah as submodule (fix CakeBrah)
THANKS! Finally the we can change colors yeeeeeeeee!!!!

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
@cpasjuste it seems waiting for a network connection to be stablished prior to booting might increase bootrate when autoboot = 0 (I read it at bootctr thread). Code can be found at ftbrony's source, might be worth to at least get the option to wait for the connection in the config file.

EDIT: also, I don't know if it is possible, but the ability to rename the "boot.3dsx" string from the payload (in memory) to something else would be great.

Last edited by suloku,
Reactions: klear

Aternel

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot ! works perfectly on new 3DS with rei. There's only one "issue" : the rei splash.bin isn't displaying anymore. Is it normal ? I prefer it now, but I just want to know why ! :D

pasoka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EDIT: also, I don't know if it is possible, but the ability to rename the "boot.3dsx" string from the payload (in memory) to something else would be great.
i read somewhere that you can edit the Menuhax payload via HxD,search for "boot.3dsx" and change it's name,but limited to only four letters

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
i read somewhere that you can edit the Menuhax payload via HxD,search for "boot.3dsx" and change it's name,but limited to only four letters
Mmmm... you are right, the menuhax payload has two boot.3dsx strings, since the homebrew launcher (cia version) only has one string I thought the menuhax one would be the same. Gonna try right now.

EDIT: yup, menuhax payload has two "boot.3dsx" strings:
- First string: 3dsx file that will be booted by menuhax.
- Seconds string: 3dsx file the payload will return to.

So thanks for pointing that out, now I can run HBL and forget about autoboot.

Last edited by suloku,
Reactions: klear

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, Gateway always fails to boot at a black screen, when it's path is "/3ds/GW/GW.3dsx";
Even from the homebrew launcher (Same payload though)

But if I set the path to "/bootctr.3dsx"; it works every time. Yes I literally use bootctr along with CTR boot manager. This helps me boot Gateway successfully.

Reactions: peteruk

Cobmast3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I currently have a problem with the CtrBootManager boot.3dsx and boot.cfg. Since yesterday my 2DS with firmware 9.2 and themehax installed (wich booted successfully rxTools 3.0 and emunand 10.3.0-28E) stopped booting, saying "boot.cfg not found" and prompted to create it by pressing A and it froze on that screen and after 20 minutes I gave up and forced the shutdown. After that I tried to boot and it went straight to the "other" menu with "browse files" but nothing works, it froze every time i try to boot something. I tried to restore the backup of my boot.cfg and same result: directly to the "browse files" and every entry I add or boot it freeze. Now I've downloaded it again and remains on the red screen like the image attached: WIN_20160123_17_29_49_Pro.jpg . What can I do now?

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
This is ridiculous. I love it :D
View attachment 36345

There are homebrews out there doing this. For example I have that in my boot.cfg, among the other entries:
Code:
    {
       title = "Power Off";
       path = "/3ds/3DSQuickShutdown-Always/3DSQuickShutdown-Always.3dsx";
     }
And I obviously have the corresponding .3dsx file in the described location.

edit
Here's the one to reboot I guess https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-quick-reboot-cfw-gateway-ninjhax.379101/
And here's the one to shutdown https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-quick-shutdown.399981/
colors plox?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When loading rxTools.dat from CtrBootManager, it always seems to cut off a bit of the screen and doesn't load rxTools. I don't have a code.bin to load, just the DAT file.
you need the /sys/ bin file. at offset 12000.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope ... I am staying with 1.2 ! O.O
I get into Rxtools fine with 1.2 .. I put in this new fangled update and I get the annoying Arm 9 payload error NOPE ejected card took out that dang update and went back to 1.2 now it works x.x it just shows not to go to new updates ..

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I currently have a problem with the CtrBootManager boot.3dsx and boot.cfg. Since yesterday my 2DS with firmware 9.2 and themehax installed (wich booted successfully rxTools 3.0 and emunand 10.3.0-28E) stopped booting, saying "boot.cfg not found" and prompted to create it by pressing A and it froze on that screen and after 20 minutes I gave up and forced the shutdown. After that I tried to boot and it went straight to the "other" menu with "browse files" but nothing works, it froze every time i try to boot something. I tried to restore the backup of my boot.cfg and same result: directly to the "browse files" and every entry I add or boot it freeze. Now I've downloaded it again and remains on the red screen like the image attached: View attachment 36430 . What can I do now?
I had the same problem too. I solved modifying the cfg file with Notepad, the other programs change something in the layout and so ctrboot can't identify it anymore

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
colors plox?
Lol, is this to prank someone or do you really like them ?
Anyways, here they are.
Code:
     bgTop1 = "ff00ff";
     bgTop2 = "ffff00";
     bgBottom = "007777";
     highlight = "007777";
     borders = "007777";
     font1 = "00ffff";
     font2 = "ffffff"; // selection
As you can see, I did not even try precise numbers to get them. I just tested stupid things and then let them be because they were funny :P

Reactions: OctopusRift

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a question: i think i am screwed i had a o3ds xl with a nnid linked now i have a n3ds cause my o3ds bricked.
is there a way to link my nnid on my n3ds (i have bought games on the nnid)

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question: i think i am screwed i had a o3ds xl with a nnid linked now i have a n3ds cause my o3ds bricked.
is there a way to link my nnid on my n3ds (i have bought games on the nnid)
Call nintendo to unlinked the 3ds from your nnid and say you cant format in the first place because ugh....you drop your 3ds in the toilet and got water damage,so they will unlinked the nnid , using the n3ds , get emunand 10.4 , go to nnid settings and sign in and there you go, redownload the games from eshop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1