Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone able to actually compile this from the source? I got the entire toolchain setup, no errors on CMake, but when I go to run make or compile via Visual Studio it just shits the bed with 100+ Linux command based errors :hateit:

Reactions: Ldaz

Capitán Retraso

GBATemp's Retard
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I only get my rxtools loaded via rxtools.dat, it crashes after installing when i launch it from the code.bin
I tried to change the config file to make it launch rxtools.dat but it doesnt work
How can i do it for it to launch the .dat file?

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone able to actually compile this from the source? I got the entire toolchain setup, no errors on CMake, but when I go to run make or compile via Visual Studio it just shits the bed with 100+ Linux command based errors :hateit:

That's not 'Linux command based errors', that are compile/g++ errors, because ctrlib and co. have changed a lot and this source here is simply outdated. So either use your skills and update the code, use old ctrlib and co. or wait until someone else does.

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not 'Linux command based errors', that are compile/g++ errors, because ctrlib and co. have changed a lot and this source here is simply outdated. So either use your skills and update the code, use old ctrlib and co. or wait until someone else does.

It's cool I am just using BootCTR instead since it was easy to edit and build. No point digging up half the internet to rebuild this just to change the menu colors lmao. What I am getting at is how can the CMAKE gui show no errors (all tools etc are properly installed and linked) only to have it fuck up massively when you try to run make afterwards (or build it with any compiler)... Long story short, it's not worth the hassle on a windows PC dev environment obviously.

Reactions: Nayd03

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
It's cool I am just using BootCTR instead since it was easy to edit and build. No point digging up half the internet to rebuild this just to change the menu colors lmao. What I am getting at is how can the CMAKE gui show no errors (all tools etc are properly installed and linked) only to have it fuck up massively when you try to run make afterwards (or build it with any compiler)... Long story short, it's not worth the hassle on a windows PC dev environment obviously.
The source code does have nothing to do with cmake or windows. It fails on any OS, Linux, OS X, BSD, whatever.

Reactions: srwgin

adeptrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Hopefully someone can help me here. I want to change my boot.cfg a bit, but I'm afraid of making mistakes. I'm currently on a Japanese N3ds and currently everything is set up to go into the ctrBoot screen and after 3 seconds, load rxtools Emunand. I want to change it around and have it load into gateway emunand automatically instead of Rxtools. Here is my boot.cfg...also, any advice on other settings? Currently, I have about 80% success with loading into Gateway Emunand.

boot_config :
{
timeout = 3;
autobootfix = 2;
recovery = 8;
default = 0;
entries = (
{
title = "rxTools";
path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Gateway Menu";
path = "/3ds/GW/GW.3dsx";
},
{
title = "HomeBrewMenu";
path = "/bootHBL.3dsx";
} );
};

TDotFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is my boot rate so low all of a sudden? It just goes to a black screen over 60% of the time. I have to shut it down and turn it back on it make it load emuNand. Anyone know how to fix this?

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can anyone compile the code to do a black background with white letters?
I tried to compile in linux using cmake and CLion, but I terribly fail, lol.

(Or can anyone link me to a guide 'how to compile'?)

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any word on the color setting config file?
Hi, sorry for the late update.
In fact it's ready but i have a bug with the new CakeBrah/libctru1.0 versions which prevent loading of arm9 payloads (.bin, .dat..). I wanted to fix this before releasing it but i'm not finding the problem and i do not have much time so i may release this version tomorrow anyway. You'll have to use 3dsx loaders for arm9 payloads with it :/

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry for the late update.
In fact it's ready but i have a bug with the new CakeBrah/libctru1.0 versions which prevent loading of arm9 payloads (.bin, .dat..). I wanted to fix this before releasing it but i'm not finding the problem and i do not have much time so i may release this version tomorrow anyway. You'll have to use 3dsx loaders for arm9 payloads with it :/
Is that stable? I mean more stable than the .dat/.bin?

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I just updated to version 1.3 to mainly add colors in configuration file, as requested a lot :)
Be sure to update your "boot.cfg" config file (add the "theme" section).

1.3: add colors to configuration file
1.3: fix override button not working when timeout > 0 (thanks @Aroth)
1.3: add old ctrulib as submodule (fix CakeBrah)
1.3: add old CakeBrah as submodule (fix CakeBrah)

Last edited by cpasjuste,

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I just updated to version 1.3 to mainly add colors in configuration file, as requested a lot :)
Be sure to update your "boot.cfg" config file (add the "theme" section).

1.3: add colors to configuration file
1.3: fix override button not working when timeout > 0
1.3: add old ctrulib as submodule (fix CakeBrah)
1.3: add old CakeBrah as submodule (fix CakeBrah)
i test when i return to home thanks!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.