Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the meantime, try using b02 and the autoboot emuNAND pack I released over in the Reinand thread. Your results might differ from mine, but that seems to be a pretty good combination; on my New 3DS XL, I've only seen it fail to boot once out of like 20 times so far (I do have ctrbootmanager set to a 3 second delay before booting though, I have several options I like to pick from, so I haven't tried timeout = 0).
Hi! It would be cool if you could try autoboot=0 with b02 and b05 to confirm any problem in latest version on n3ds.

Reactions: fmkid

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi! It would be cool if you could try autoboot=0 with b02 and b05 to confirm any problem in latest version on n3ds.

I'll try out b05 in more depth later, after I sleep for a while. When I tried b05 last night I had 0% success in booting my autoboot Reinand stuff with timeout=0, but maybe I was doing something wrong..I was pretty tired after all. :P

Edit: b05 seems to take a little while longer to boot than b02, I guess because it runs themehax on its own (? I see it run themehax twice on my N3DS, once when I turn it on, and then it launches again after some corrupted graphics that look like the Home Menu display), but it seems to boot at about the same consistency as b02 on my N3DS. Both b05 and b02 are at about a 90% boot rate for me with timeout=0. I'll probably stick with b02 for now, purely for the slightly faster booting speed (not really sure why themehax runs twice).

Last edited by daxtsu,

ChrisN8

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice it boot Rxtools a little faster that the boot.3dsx !
Edit : Maybe not, i think its rather due to the sdcard i use. class10 vs normal sdcard

Last edited by ChrisN8,

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No matter how hard I've tried, I couldn't get rxTools to boot. It just freezes with black screen (using latest nightly build, both tried code.bin and .3dsx boots). If however I swap boot.3dsx for rxtools's boot, it loads just fine. At the other hand, launched either directly or through CTR Homebrew loader also hangs on rxtools.
Damn...
I'm using N3DSXL running 9.0.0-20E with emunand unlinked. Homemenuhax installed under emuNand.
Please, guys... Is there at least any way to get homebrew loader to run from rxtools directly? All the exploits tends to use boot.3dsx as a main executeable, which is a non-go in my situation, since it boots rsxtools itself.
Need your help...

Last edited by Dark Ronin,

ChrisN8

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No matter how hard I've tried, I couldn't get rxTools to boot. It just freezes with black screen (using latest nightly build, both tried code.bin and .3dsx boots). If however I swap boot.3dsx for rxtools's boot, it loads just fine. At the other hand, launched either directly or through CTR Homebrew loader also hangs on rxtools.
Damn...
I'm using N3DSXL running 9.0.0-20E with emunand unlinked. Homemenuhax installed under emuNand.
Please, guys... Is there at least any way to get homebrew loader to run from rxtools directly? All the exploits tends to use boot.3dsx as a main executeable, which is a non-go in my situation, since it boots rsxtools itself.
Need your help...
Homemenuhax installed under emuNand ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does this work with Reinand?
it should i saw some people use it.

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Homemenuhax installed under emuNand ?
Sorry, no. Homemenuhax installed on sysnand theme, thus booting rxtools in emunand automatically.
Can someone who got rxtools actually load up and running through CTR state their sys/emu versions and build number for used rxtools?

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, no. Homemenuhax installed on sysnand theme, thus booting rxtools in emunand automatically.
Can someone who got rxtools actually load up and running through CTR state their sys/emu versions and build number for used rxtools?

N3DS XL 9.0.0-20U with 9.5.0-23U emunand. I use Reinand but swapped out for a rxtools nightly to test for you. I am using the last nightly I had which was 9-28 one. It boots fine on my end.

Tip for those who are using Reinand on b05 it does work. As I mentioned in the reinand thread the top splash screen does interfere with the boot as even though the screen is black or partially black the start button will boot it. But since daxtsu posted a non-splash it works better now. Getting a very high boot rate with b05 timeout at 1.

But old 3ds still haven't gotten any luck with boot manager. I instead now use a direct boot.3dsx for rxtools as its almost flawless with it. With the b02 or b05 boot manager on old 3ds its about 60% at best for me. But I keep reading old 3ds users say it doesn't fail them so I don't know what is the issue.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
But I keep reading old 3ds users say it doesn't fail them so I don't know what is the issue.
Perharps I am one of these users... But, just for clarify, I don't load any CFW (because my console FW) and, therefore, I can't say nothing about those issues. I use only .3dsx HBLs and works pretty fine!... Sorry!

Last edited by fmkid,

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you would just have to press a button at power up to skip homemenuhax and boot to sysnand ?

Sorry I'm a bit confused here, but which button is it?
It might be my compiled build, but the only button that actualyl does anything is the L button to launch HBL.

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
And that key binding jumps straight to the home screen?

Holding the key at boot triggers home/themehax exploit but you can configure it when installing 1.3. You can configure it the other way around if you want. Or change to a different key... or... try it. ;)

Last edited by Orkna,

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holding the key at boot triggers home/themehax exploit.

I know, but this is not what I wanted ... I wanted a way to skip the hack and go the home menu.
@cpasjuste said I only need to hold a certain button to make themeha skip the exploiting procedure, but I can't find any info about it.
That's why I pruposed the feature for CtrBootManager, so we can install a themehax version which doesn't listen to any button interactions at boot, so only CtrBootManager handles all this stuff.

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't hold any button you will go to the original home menu.
You need to hold L to trigger it and enter the homebrew launcher OR CtrBootManager depending on how you installed it. This is the default "official" behavior.

This is homemenuhax 1.3 <- released by gbatemp member, compiled from yellows8's repo, unmodified.
The other installers that circulates here is modified by someone. I recommend to only use the unmodified version compiled from yls8's git. That way we can avoid misunderstandings.

From the source: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_hom...ax_installer/source/themehax_installer.c#L656
Code:
printf("Select a type by pressing a button: A = type1, B = type2, Y = type0. Or, press START to abort configuration(no file data will be written). You can also press X to delete the config file(same end result on the themehax as type0 basically).\n");
    printf("Type1: Only trigger the haxx when the PAD state matches the specified value(specified button(s) must be pressed).\n");
    printf("Type2: Only trigger the haxx when the PAD state doesn't match the specified value.\n");
    printf("Type0: Default PAD config is used.\n");

It will show this on screen if you select to configure it during install.
If you want to change it later, just run the install again.
Default is booting to the ordinary 3ds home menu if no button is pressed while booting.

Last edited by Orkna,
Reactions: fmkid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet