Status
Not open for further replies.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why neimod's upside-down screen is so impressive.

Did you mean to put sarcasm brackets on the sentence?

The upside-down screen is impressive because he finally made a RAM dumper that works on the 3DS (apparently it has sort of a protection, and if I remember right it has a special nand chip which isn't easy to desolder/resolder), meaning he could potentially get the private keys so software/channel hacking could be possible. He *might* be able to finish informing the scene how saves work as well by viewing what the 3DS is doing behind the scenes, so save file modding *might* become possible. Of course, this would take him some time to do it by himself.
That picture doesn't prove anything.. I can take the exact same picture..

Look at his other pictures, he shows the RAM board he built. He's proven himself in the past with a similar DSi hookup in case you haven't heard of him.

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
Not that Im doubting it's real or anything... You can actually take the exact same picture as neimod. Go as far right as possible on your 3ds menu then turn it upside down.
The thing that's strange with the image though, is the angle of it, looks kinda like the angle you usually have when you take a picture of your ds (3ds or whatever) except upside down.
If you want to be more sure about what he did there you should ask him for another image, showing the other screen or at least the buttons around. :P

unicode2CP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Q: What Neimod's photo means or represents and why it is labeled "Success"?
A: This photo shows top screen from 3DS device on Neimod's "RAM dumping setup". It's labeled "Success" because previously he had some problems with starting entire setup. After removing some problems, he was able to successfully start his "RAM dumping setup" and the final result is running 3DS system with RAM tracing capabilities (and with picture on screen of course).

@ Janthran
@ Ghork
Think before you speak or write something and if you don't feel enough competent for some topic it's better to say/write nothing! Now I understand why this thread has so many pages.

I'm asking admins/mods to delete this topic or at least to put some things into order here. It becomes unbearable.

MovieGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not that Im doubting it's real or anything... You can actually take the exact same picture as neimod. Go as far right as possible on your 3ds menu then turn it upside down.
The thing that's strange with the image though, is the angle of it, looks kinda like the angle you usually have when you take a picture of your ds (3ds or whatever) except upside down.
If you want to be more sure about what he did there you should ask him for another image, showing the other screen or at least the buttons around. :P

You can actually just make this a skin for r4 and take a picture of your old ds lol, me wantz to see the big 3D screen!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
This was a good post until the bolded part ended.

Try this: go back to the page that had the upside down 3DS screen. Toward the top of the comments you will see two screen names, "bushing" and "sgstair", who favorited that photo. Those are members of Team Twiizers, the famous group who hacked the Wii and gave birth to its scene. So if credibility is what you seek, why would their opinion of Neimod's work not be good enough for you?

Oh by the way Neimod is an admin at this well established 3DS homebrew Wiki:
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

MovieGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Try this: go back to the page that had the upside down 3DS screen. Toward the top of the comments you will see two screen names, "bushing" and "sgstair", who favorited that photo. Those are members of Team Twiizers, the famous group who hacked the Wii and gave birth to its scene. So if credibility is what you seek, why would their opinion of Neimod's work not be good enough for you?

Oh by the way, Neimod is an admin at the Wiki that Sifjar pointed you to. :P

it's just the lack of evidence that this is real, why not take picture of the whole 3DS?

(same goes for crown3ds, why not some more information)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

Oh by the way Neimod is an admin at this well established 3DS homebrew Wiki:
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

it's just the lack of evidence that this is real, why not take picture of the whole 3DS?

1.He's very busy researching the 3DS's RAM right now. In other words, he's a hacker not a photographer.
2.He understands the people that matter trust him and accept the photo he provided.

Reactions: 1 person

unicode2CP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Neimod has bunch of other photos in his Flickr gallery. His 3DS system is disassembled into parts and integrated as a "RAM dumping setup". Top screen is upside down because of practical nature.

@ KuRensan
@ MovieGuy
Please, get back to my previous post and read it few times until you realize some things. If it doesn't help, I suggest you to never write anything about hacking or other related subjects. Best regards.

MovieGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

michael18

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
how ps vita making better progress than 3ds in hacking?i doubt that until come in europe hacker may hacked it:):)....completely..anddddddd then suddenly we will have our precious flashcard

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how ps vita making better progress than 3ds in hacking?i doubt that until come in europe hacker may hacked it:) :)....completely..anddddddd then suddenly we will have our precious flashcard
Following this logic, the 3DS is "already hacked"

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
how ps vita making better progress than 3ds in hacking?i doubt that until come in europe hacker may hacked it:) :)....completely..anddddddd then suddenly we will have our precious flashcard
hm please don't compare with new handle console, is not same.

3DS is already hacked but is waiting ready about that so no any news from someone was done on hacking 3DS. but vita? is a new handled console just 1 month or 2 ... is nothing.

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose I could apologize for understanding the case wrong, I merely tried to show you that if it was all about being upside down it could simply have been faked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: