Not open for further replies.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
Crown3ds is the world's first real 3ds flashcard! Crown3ds team has confirmed that the Crown3ds flashcard is working flawlessly on Nintendo 3DS 2.1.0-4 console! The crown3ds has not been officially launched yet,but we were quick on the trigger and pre-ordered the first batch of the products.
$99 tax incl.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is pretty cool i guess, but it will most likely not lead to homebrew. this kind of cart may make alot of users not like the fact that you can only use one game at a time. it will most likely only support one save type or size, and not have a very large rom size so once newer games introduces newer save types or larger save or rom sizes there will be problems that can only be fixed by buying a new cart that works for those games. also if this is released i hope the flasher supports making backups of real games.

also in the video, the flash card is the large green thing on the table, the small part on the end of the wires is just something to bridge the card slot connectors to the flash cart.
synce said:
Yeah because people in Asia and Eastern Europe pirating games that otherwise cost a month's salary and would never actually buy has a direct effect on what gets released!

The only thing this means for those of us living in first world countries is we get to carry around all our games instead of just one, we can cheat, and we won't be tied to a single region. All positives
smile.gif

we get to carry around all our games instead of just one
we can cheat
we won't be tied to a single region.

this kind of flash cart does not allow those features, maybe the carry around more than just one game, but then you would have to carry around a laptop to reflash the cart.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quietlyawesome94 said:
If you're the first 3DS flashcart why pick a lame name like Crown3DS?
unsure.gif

Maybe they are insinuating that they are the "kings" of the 3DS flashcart kingdom?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
$99? That is one ultimate expensive cart
ohmy.gif

Considering that the 3DS files are much larger than the DS and this card may not be stable (and Nintendo possibly bricking your system
tpi.gif
), I won't buy it.

Unless there is some game which I REAAAAALLLY want that is not localized.

Edit: I just thought of this: crown3ds? Some independent group? Well, if it turns out to be like a 'bad clone' which don't do cart updates then you're largely screwed.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
ohmy.gif

Considering that the 3DS files are much larger than the DS and this card may not be stable (and Nintendo possibly bricking your system
tpi.gif
), I won't buy it.

Edit: I just thought of this: crown3ds? Some independent group? Well, if it turns out to be like a 'bad clone' which don't do cart updates then you're largely screwed.
99 dollars is cheap for a piracy cart, its only like buying 3 games. Snes carts and n64 used to cost way more, hell even today they still cost alot, I don't see why poeple should even complain about the price when the return of piracy is so steep. If this is real then of course it gets to set the first price, there is no competition and it is the first. People have become spoiled by the cheap chinese ds flash carts, of course pre-ordering without real proof is stupid so best thing is to wait and see if its real then buy.

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Is it seriously $99? This is almost as bad as when the R4 came out.
ohmy.gif

Lol, on my RealHotStuff account I have "1 x R4DS, Kingston 1GB microSD $60.00" as my first purchase... so expensive :l

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like its sold out.
but honestly who would buy one without finding out more about it first?

loco365

Trophies
XP
I, for one, can see this as legit, but I'm bordering on the line of caution. I think that they are bypassing system security by creating a flashable card- it reads the header of the "legit game" and runs it. At least that's what I gather from it. If it turns out to be real and whatnot, I am getting one. Because I can see an exploit forming from use of a flashcard that can run in 3DS mode.

But if it isn't, guess how many people just wasted $100. I'll wait for the reviews to pile in before I make an informed decision.

It'd also be a challenge to patch- there isn't a verification method for legit games and pirated ones on a 3DS yet- unless we just don't know of active AP techniques yet.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
chris888222 said:
ohmy.gif

tpi.gif
), I won't buy it.

99 dollars is cheap for a piracy cart, its only like buying 3 games. Snes carts and n64 used to cost way more, hell even today they still cost alot, I don't see why poeple should even complain about the price when the return of piracy is so steep. If this is real then of course it gets to set the first price, there is no competition and it is the first. People have become spoiled by the cheap chinese ds flash carts, of course pre-ordering without real proof is stupid so best thing is to wait and see if its real then buy.

Where do you get your information from? Even the high-end cards don't cost that much. DSTWO= Price of a DS Game, iEvo=Price of a DS Game + Maybe a used one (OR) a DSi Shop card, not 3+ (Depending on price) full price retail games. The bar has been set and these people just want to make loads of money off of poor suckers, I tend to not trust no names in China.
dry.gif

SPEAKING OF WHICH, how is anyone even able to pre-order these? Didn't the site say they weren't taking them.
unsure.gif

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
cris92x said:
chris888222 said:
ohmy.gif

tpi.gif
), I won't buy it.

Where do you get your information from? Even the high-end cards don't cost that much. DSTWO= Price of a DS Game, iEvo=Price of a DS Game + Maybe a used one (OR) a DSi Shop card, not 3+ (Depending on price) full price retail games. The bar has been set and these people just want to make loads of money off of poor suckers, I tend to not trust no names in China.
dry.gif

SPEAKING OF WHICH, how is anyone even able to pre-order these? Didn't the site say they weren't taking them.
unsure.gif

he was talking about old snes, n64 flash carts that worked just like this one. not r4s and DS2s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM