Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"In the case a WaveBird controller isn't working for you simply hold any
button while quadforce is loading until the game shows up."

Did you tried this?

Now it works! Thanks for that piece of info. You basically need to use the Wavebird within the Homebrew channel and then select DIOS Loader etc using that. Works perfectly! Thanks everyone for the assistance!

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
@karyuudo

"Also is Mario Kart GP2 not supposed to have any sound? As I'm watching through the demo the only thing that i get is the announcers voice at one small part."

Yes, thats normal. It's always been like that. I'm assuming because "Attract Music" is set to off by default? Not sure... Once you go into the game it has sound though.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except, it isn't work...i won't get into this discussion again, but i will tell this: many people in the Wii scene i chat with (including homebrew devs) see this as a hobby, not work..yes devs do spend a lot of time on coding and yes, it's nice to get appreciation in form of some cash, but telling people first to donate before they will get something in return is dead wrong..and i know devs and others agree with me...

But to end this post positive, i do like to thank crediar with all he has done for the community and i hope he does not let this spoil the fun he has for coding.
This reaction is not directed to him personally but it was ment as a comment in general..
Except it is still work. If someone takes time out of their day(s) to create something for others whether its a hobby or not they have the right to ask for money in return.

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except it is still work. If someone takes time out of their day(s) to create something for others whether its a hobby or not they have the right to ask for money in return.

I have no problem with homebrew devs asking for donations at all. If it wasn't for them, none of us would be playing this stuff.

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
man, that's so unfortunate for people like me. I'm forced to go out and buy another SD card now to see if it fixes the problem. I was ready to donate to Crediar too :(

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any news on a fix for the freezing bug?

I'm still not convinced there IS a "bug". Nothing has really been confirmed. I'm sorry you and a few others on here are sharing the same problem.. I have gone ahead and ordered TWO more SD cards so that I will have 3 different kinds to test. I'd like to recreate the freezing issue... maybe we can get to the bottom of this.

edit: btw im using 4.2 system menu, and this is my exact sd card currently:

http://www.topram.com/ebay/2007/2g_microSD/2GB_MicroSD.jpg

cheers

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, I can't think of what else could cause an issue thats different from one person to another, apart from the SD cards that we use...

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well, I can't think of what else could cause an issue thats different from one person to another, apart from the SD cards that we use...

Well yea, exactly. That's why I'm thinking it IS the sd cards causing the problem... kind of like how not every hard drive is supported with diosmios, you know what I mean? I figure I might as well do a few tests with a few different sd cards.

Also, here is a picture of my SD contents http://i.imgur.com/TP8jz4g.jpg Does anything in yours look different? Is your copy of f-zero ax exactly the same size? Is your sd formatted to FAT, and have you tried 32kb clusters AND 64kb custers?

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a boot.bin or QUADFORCE GAMES file in my Games folder

My iso is 425,778

I have tried all kinds of different formats

See.. that is very odd. Your iso is 425,778 and if you look here http://gbatemp.net/threads/crediar-to-release-newer-version-of-quadforce.346229/page-11#post-4629853

His is also 425,778 and is experiencing problems as well... I remember their being more than one dump of the f-zero ax rom existing... maybe you need to try a different sized dump of the game?

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, that was my next task. I need to find an alternative dump somewhere now. I've only ever found 2 places that provide a dump, and they're both the same...

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so we've worked out that the dump of the game, isn't the cause of the crash. as I get the crash, even when using the same dump as funnyguy77, who has confirmed that his works fine.

The only possibly cause at the moment, that I can tell, is the SD card itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv