Gaming Crash Bandicoot on Switch?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After some digging I can say with almost absolute certainty that Activision owns the first three games. The first three games were owned by Universal Interactive Studios who would become Vivendi Games after Vivendi bought out Universal. Vivendi Games then merged with Activision to become Activision Blizzard, then Activision Blizzard bought itself out of Vivendi to become an independent company.
So, will it release on OSX then?

Last edited by sarkwalvein, , Reason: /s
D

Deleted User

i never once talked about ilegal stuff, just saying every company that had ps1 and ps2 games coud put them for sale on psn becuase of sony consoles having near perfect built in emulator, they didnt need to do any work at all so it was zero work to get money from just letting sony sell the game for them on psn.

Heck companys did this without even testing the games, there is a reason why some ps1 games dont even work and are on psn like start was dark forces is sold and you cant even get past the main menu lol, they just letted sony put them on psn and didnt even bothered to test them on sony ps1/ps2 emulator.

xbox360 and wii didnt have a built in emulator, well xbox360 had one but it was so shitty and needed per game patches and companys just didint want to waste time not to mention even compatibe games are full of crashes and slowdowns, its hands down the worst emulator ever found on a console made by their own company imo and wii had a gc mode(not emulator) but couldnt even download full games since no infrastucture for them besides wiiware and VC wich were tiny downloads due to the wii storage limitation becuase wii ddint support hdds and sd cards were only supported up to 2gb before hacks came along.
I still think the other consoles could run the game if they could rework the game earlier,but they couldn't due to the rights of the game being trademarked by naughty dog.Same applys for the n sane trilogy since they helped vicarious visions develop it,but they could still ask and have it multiplat by naughty dogs decision.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I still think the other consoles could run the game if they could rework the game earlier,but they couldn't due to the rights of the game being trademarked by naughty dog.Same applys for the n sane trilogy since they helped vicarious visions develop it,but they could still ask and have it multiplat by naughty dogs decision.
they didnt want to port the games since by the time ps3/xbox360/wii came around the crash and even spyro series were praticaly dead and done, so working on porting games from an ip they killed on the ps2/xbox/gc era was probably not advised since they would loose money, tahts why psn was the cheapest option to gain afew bucks without doing any actual work at all.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
After some digging I can say with almost absolute certainty that Activision owns the first three games. The first three games were owned by Universal Interactive Studios who would become Vivendi Games after Vivendi bought out Universal. Vivendi Games then merged with Activision to become Activision Blizzard, then Activision Blizzard bought itself out of Vivendi to become an independent company.
Correct. Naughty Dog signed a contract with Universal Interactive to create and develop several games for them to distribute. Crash Bandicoot was one of them. Naughty Dog never sold the rights to the characters (or the games) because they didn't own them.

They actually shout out naughty dog in the credits of the game.
A "shout out" is definitely not the same as a copyright or trademark notice.

Last edited by McHaggis,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought the fans didnt want the option to buy said third party titles?

personally i would love the option to play these games, but one must face the facts, nintendo have always lacked when it comes to third party support.

so even if this was to be a multi console title, i wouldnt hold my breath that it will come to the switch.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Wintendows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The thing is that it's really hard to understand these companies. Minecraft was bought by Microsoft, who also own Xbox, and yet they still released Minecraft on other consoles like Switch and PS4. Isn't there some legal rule somebody can pull up with all of us understanding this puzzle?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's also coming out for Xbox One according to retailers but don't hold your breath for a Switch version, the only Switch games Activision's interested in releasing are Skylanders. Not even CoDs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Activision owns the rights, not Sony, it's up to them.
Switch gamer: Activision, give us a Call of Duty!
Activision: Be glad we've given you Skylanders.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also coming out for Xbox One according to retailers but don't hold your breath for a Switch version, the only Switch games Activision's interested in releasing are Skylanders. Not even CoDs.

Switch gamer: Activision, give us a Call of Duty!
Activision: Be glad we've given you Skylanders.

I never played Skylanders, so I'm indifferent.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Same goes for those people who bitched about Bayonetta 2 not being on the other consoles and being a Wii U exclusive ;O;
Well, it's still a WiiU exclusive for the time being but we all know it'll be ported to the Switch sooner or later. It didn't make its way to the 3DS because it was too underpowered.

The WiiU barely has any exclusives anymore.

Wait what?! Really? Than why is Crash only packaged with the PS4 version? Dumb on Activision's part.
Yeah, it's compatible you just need to own Skylanders Imaginators + Crash Bandicoot Pack to play it. Activision only made a Skylanders Imaginators: Crash Bandicoot Edition for PS4 because Crash Bandicoot was PlayStation's mascot (unofficially).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be a PS4 exclusive. I also wouldn't hold my breath, I know Nintendo eventually got Sonic games but Crash feels like a different situation.

Yes and no, it is not a PS4 exclusive permanently. According to this:

Currently, all that’s known about Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy for sure is that the game is releasing on the PS4 on June 30. A recent image online, however, seems to suggest that Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is only console exclusive to the PS4 for one year. After that, Vicarious Visions and Activision would be free to enter negotiations to bring the title to other platforms. It’s worth noting, though, that this image has not been confirmed to be accurate, so there’s always a chance it’s just a hoax. Only time will tell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)