• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because you are tribal? Or because you don't pay attention? Mind you I'm not saying folks on the right don't deny science, but a lot of that comes from when science conflicts with religion or their jobs. People deny science when it conflicts with other strong beliefs they have, then they easily feed their confirmation bias to justify it.
No, because your statements about people on the Left don't seem to line up with the vast majority of what people on the Left tend to stand for. This isn't to say that many issues like anti-vax aren't found universally but it is to say that there's a pretty divide in many of these issues. Anti-vax is not a commonly found position in the Left, most tend to push for trusting doctors. It's extremely commonly found in the Right and even pushed by far-right politicians like Trump. You coupled in honest observations, like much of the Left being pro-GMO's and nuclear power, but then confusing statements like male-female differences. This is another issue that doesn't seem to line up with much of the Left, as much of the Left is tends to be trying to push away from male-female differences and even towards accepting concepts that are contrary to that. This isn't to say that these claims eclipses all of the Left, you often find different ideas across the spectrum, but it's pretty fair to say that most people on the Left these days tend to be rather pro-science, pro-gender equality/expression, and against movements like anti-vax.

Reactions: Lacius and Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
People are misrepresenting covid-19 vaccine hesitancy as anti-vax. There are people who have vaccines that are reluctant to partake in the emergency vaccine who will get it after full approval. The emergency approval is colloquially interpreted as rushed. Of course there are those passionately driven to dedicate their bodies to science and would criticize those not backing them.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Relevant

quqbugafr0a71.png

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a terrible ADR to Cirpo , it nearly killed me and I was not only dismissed but threated with arrest by an ER doctor
once the criminal allopathic system damages you with one of their poisons they do not want to know you

And? You found a bad ER doctor, that doesn't mean that all ER doctors are bad.

There are people who have vaccines that are reluctant to partake in the emergency vaccine who will get it after full approval.

You understand that the difference between emergency approval and full approval is just admin right?
I've not seen any indication that they are going to redo the admin in a different way to re-approve it.

I'm not anti-vax btw. I'm pro-choice.

Pro choice like Roe v. Wade ?

It's kinda ironic that for abortion you see a lot of republicans saying you shouldn't have choice and that life should be protected. But when it comes to vaccine then choice matters, even if by remaining un-vaccinated they kill someone else.

It's almost like the arguments are made up by hypocrites.

Last edited by smf,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh, now that's funny. I see tabzer as a living embodiment of a deleted Facebook post.

People are misrepresenting covid-19 vaccine hesitancy as anti-vax. There are people who have vaccines that are reluctant to partake in the emergency vaccine who will get it after full approval. The emergency approval is colloquially interpreted as rushed. Of course there are those passionately driven to dedicate their bodies to science and would criticize those not backing them.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's kinda ironic that for abortion you see a lot of republicans saying you shouldn't have choice and that life should be protected. But when it comes to vaccine then choice matters, even if by remaining un-vaccinated they kill someone else.

It's messed up that pro-abortion is called "pro-choice" in the first place, and when a developing human life isn't involved, it's no longer "my body, my choice". Feel free to get the vaccine, whose "emergency approval" doesn't mean anything to you. Suggesting un-vaccinated people are killing people by making a personal choice is propaganda.

Your parents weren't considerate of other people's lives when they decided to have you. (When they had "unprotected" sex.)

Last edited by tabzer,

stanna

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you know why a lot of people got peanut allergies, they used peanut proteins in the mmr vacine, take a look at https://www.ukcolumn.org they put out 3 videos a week well worth watching plus take a look at there yellow card adverse reactions data.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Downplaying\ignoring Covid-19 dangers.
- Exaggerating vaccine dangers.
- Repeatedly linking to deceptive anti-vaxxer websites, mislabeling them as "facts" and "credible."

Vaccine hesitancy? Cut the crap. These are straight from the anti-vaxxer playbook.

The "facts" and "credible" claims are textbook examples of confirmation bias. tabzer has been repeatedly called out for not vetting these websites. In one such example, Lacius brought up multiple disturbing allegations regarding the AAPS, the fringe political advocacy group behind the survey tabzer cited as "credible," here. tabzer did respond to the post, but without addressing any of Lacius' AAPS concerns.

tabzer has made several bold claims about his "sources" and about himself. Regardless, his anti-vax behavior is on record. His baseless promotion of grand election fraud conspiracy involving Trump appointees turning on their boss is also on record. These positions are practically identical to those taken by noted anti-vaxxers gregory_samba and crimpshrine. It's as if they passed tabzer the crazy torch before retiring from this board.

If you want to convince me that you're this or that, don't tell me about it. Show me. Your actions, not your words, are what define you.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are people who have vaccines that are reluctant to partake in the emergency vaccine who will get it after full approval.

You promise?

It's messed up that pro-abortion is called "pro-choice" in the first place

No, pro-choice is absolutely correct. Pro-life is fucked up, because a foetus isn't a life, but the mother definitely is.

Pro-lifers would want to force vaccines on everyone, like they force going through with pregnancies.

Suggesting un-vaccinated people are killing people by making a personal choice is propaganda.

No, it's correct. If you don't do everything you can to reduce the spread then you have decided that your life is more important than anyone elses.

Pro-life against abortion is propoganda, as it's very much anti-life of the human being involved but some evil idiot decided that it was a good way to manipulate people and it seems to work. Republicans are good manipulators, but level headed people see through the evil.

Your parents weren't considerate of other people's lives when they decided to have you. (When they had "unprotected" sex.)

Well that is their choice. It's kinda creepy that you are imagining my parents contraception & rather arrogant to make any assumptions about it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you know why a lot of people got peanut allergies, they used peanut proteins in the mmr vacine, take a look at https://www.ukcolumn.org they put out 3 videos a week well worth watching plus take a look at there yellow card adverse reactions data.

No, I don't know that & if I did know that then I'm not sure I'd know something true.

A 2008 study found that the prevalence of peanut allergy in Jewish children in the UK, where the advice had been to avoid peanuts, was 10 times higher than that of children in Israel, where rates are low – there, babies are often given peanut snacks.

https://www.nationalpeanutboard.org/wellness/5-myths-about-peanuts.htm

MYTH 4: Peanut oil in vaccinations causes peanut allergy.
Peanut oil is not an ingredient in any US licensed vaccine listed by the Centers for the Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). There is no research that supports a causative relationship between vaccinations and peanut allergies. In fact, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) specifically states on their Vaccination Education Center website that peanut oil, as some people suggest, is not used as a part of vaccinations. The CDC provide excellent information on vaccines at their website, especially regarding their benefits, ingredients, and safety.

Last edited by smf,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
- Downplaying\ignoring Covid-19 dangers.
- Exaggerating vaccine dangers.
- Repeatedly linking to deceptive anti-vaxxer websites, mislabeling them as "facts" and "credible."

Vaccine hesitancy? Cut the crap. These are straight from the anti-vaxxer playbook.

The "facts" and "credible" claims are textbook examples of confirmation bias. tabzer has been repeatedly called out for not vetting these websites. In one such example, Lacius brought up multiple disturbing allegations regarding the AAPS, the fringe political advocacy group behind the survey tabzer cited as "credible," here. tabzer did respond to the post, but without addressing any of Lacius' AAPS concerns.

tabzer has made several bold claims about his "sources" and about himself. Regardless, his anti-vax behavior is on record. His baseless promotion of grand election fraud conspiracy involving Trump appointees turning on their boss is also on record. These positions are practically identical to those taken by noted anti-vaxxers gregory_samba and crimpshrine. It's as if they passed tabzer the crazy torch before retiring from this board.

If you want to convince me that you're this or that, don't tell me about it. Show me. Your actions, not your words, are what define you.

If you think a survey of physicians is not credible because of the demographic, you really aren't addressing the credibility of the survey. You are using ad-hominem to disregard the results of the survey. That's rejecting some facts in favor of other facts to curate an imaginary narrative that %96 of all physicians have taken and recommend the vaccine. Physicians are people with a variety of concerns and focuses. Some are in the AAPS. Acknowledging that different points of view exist is not confirmation bias. Rejecting results because it is inconvenient for your narrative is.

I don't know what "bold claims" you think I have made about my sources or myself. Characterizing me as anti-vax because I disagree with the presentation that the COVID-19 vaccine is an easy choice (or you're a murderer) is your prerogative, but does nothing in addressing facts or acknowledging the propaganda.

If you want to talk about the possibilities of election fraud, feel free to tag me in the appropriate thread.

Meanwhile, here is a doctor with interesting insights on the vaccine.

I hope you watch it instead of rejecting it because you have an idea about who posted it. The facts are eye opening.

If you want to convince me that you're this or that, don't tell me about it. Show me.

TBH, I'm not that interested. You come off as temperamental and a bit of a control freak.

absolute garbage as usual.

Have you tried abortion?

Last edited by tabzer,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried abortion?

I'm not a doctor, so no. Have you?

Have you tried being a rape victim who wants their pregnancy aborted?

I'm not interested in insights, doctors can be crazy too.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucel...gnetizes-people-makes-keys-stick-on-forehead/

Now I agree that just because your view points align with all these crazy people and you come across as a crazy person that you might be right randomly on one thing out of thousands, but we can't know which time you will be right and you don't provide any credible evidence & therefore sadly we have to over look you.

Last edited by smf,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tell us something we don't already know.

Something you don't know? Well that is a long list.

How about that watching videos that you agree with just reinforces your bias.

The insights of a crazy doctor will not improve your life, just drag you further into your delusion.

Come back when they have peer reviewed evidence, if it was worth watching then it wouldn't be stuck on a site with shitty bandwidth. I can't even verify that the person in the video is a doctor.

Last edited by smf,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Something you don't know? Well that is a long list.

How about that watching videos that you agree with just reinforces your bias.

The insights of a crazy doctor will not improve your life, just drag you further into your delusion.

Come back when he has peer reviewed evidence.

Your "list" is just three points of evidence that you haven't watched the video.

Your biological parents, if you have those, are very inconsiderate.

The bandwidth is fine.

Last edited by tabzer,

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think it's hilarious how the position on the COVID vaccine flipped between 2020 and 2021. I remember when liberals were the ones like "I won't get a vaccine funded by Trump Admin" when Operation Warp Speed was announced, and Trump supporters were all for it.

The irony.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your "list" is just three points of evidence that you haven't watched the video.

I clearly never said I watched the video, sitting through an hour of brain washing material isn't exactly something I would generally do anyway. It would be much easier if you posted a transcript so we could easily debunk it sentence by sentence, like all your other posts.

I've googled the link and the only place that links to it says it's by well known crackpot Peter McCullough who has been debunked many times before. Do I still need to watch it?

Can't you just accept that it, along with everything else you believe, is just plain wrong?

Dr. Peter McCullough, vice chief of Internal Medicine at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, and the most prolifically published academic physician in his field of heart and kidneys in history, has testified several times lately that there is a shocking suppression of early treatment for COVID-19 in medical literature.

I'm sure he knows a lot about hearts and kidneys, but probably not so much about virus, immunology & early treatments. Which are clearly not suppressed, https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/...eed-to-know-about-the-covid-19-therapy-trials, just not the hydroxychloroquine he wanted doctors to use despite it doing worse in double blind trials

I don't like discarding peoples opinions just because they are usually wrong, but you and he are just wrong too often & obviously aren't trying hard enough.

Your biological parents, if you have those, are very inconsiderate.

IF? How poor is your medical knowledge?

I'll tell them that a random on the internet thinks that they are inconsiderate, I'm sure they'll find it hilarious.

Everyone is inconsiderate, republicans more so. You're just more triggered when people don't consider you.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: The Catboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu