• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The vaccines have not been "demonstrated to be unsafe." You are hypocritically citing a website of alleged correlations that have not actually been corroborated. Oof.

The correlations of many side effects that can happen have been corroborated by the CDC. The VEARS suggests how prevalent they are. I didn't mean to suggest that VEARS is reporting peer-reviewed deaths. You had mentioned that you are aware of side-effects already, so I saw it as complimentary. Choosing to discard it so easily is kind of embarrassing.

The long-term effects of the vaccines are highly unlikely, given what we know about the vaccines and how they work, and this is according to medical groups and the CDC.

In Japan, we have a different understanding of those promises being made about vaccines and what has actually happened. It is a big reason why the government isn't allowed to force people to become vaccinated anymore. This is why I asked if you are talking to just Americans or a global audience when using a potentially curated marketing survey to falsely claim that 96% of doctor's have taken and recommend getting the vaccine. You also fail to acknowledge that you made the "recommend" part up as it wasn't stated nor implied in the survey.

While you argue that it is immoral for people to not get the vaccine, I think it is immoral to pressure people to get the vaccine through subversive means, like propositioning that "you are killing people by not getting the vaccine" (you're not). If you believe the institutions and businesses are being fully transparent and forward with all of the data and paid-for-"science", then it is good for your mind if you choose to get the vaccine. That is your choice. That is your protection. If you are going to fear-monger, demonize, or demean others for not taking the vaccine, then you are being selfish. You are telling people they should get the vaccine knowing that if they had serious side effects that you wouldn't be fully able to be accountable.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: Glyptofane

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I'm saying is yes we are fine, it ain't fuck all, but the world is full of shit scared gullible people, I did my research, decided not to vaccinate and I was right, weak people are to easily led.
The vaccine has been demonstrated to be safe and effective, and it is highly recommended that you get vaccinated as soon as possible. It significantly reduces your risks of contracting COVID-19, and it significantly reduces your risks of spreading COVID-19 to other people.

If you have any concerns about how the vaccine might affect you specifically, consult your doctor. Please follow the guidance of the CDC and every other medical organization. We are in this together.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All I'm saying is yes we are fine, it ain't fuck all, but the world is full of shit scared gullible people, I did my research, decided not to vaccinate and I was right, weak people are to easily led.
So what kind of research did you actually do? Did you read any papers published by medical professionals?

I told you to look up kary mullis speaking yourself. Not "debunking' websites.
I would still like to see your sources. You were very adamant that I was wrong and didn't do the right research, so I would be like to be corrected.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Small heads up for those who care (not much I presume, but ey...at least it's on topic :) )...

I got my second vaccination today! Yeeeeey! :D

(it's moderna. Last time I had a sore arm for a couple days but that was it. As it stands, it kind of feels it'll be a repeat of that)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got symptoms of heart inflammation for 4 or 5 days after my first dose of pfizer so I won't be getting a second dose
Did you self-diagnose heart inflammation? Please see your doctor before foregoing your second dose. One dose is better than none, but for long-lasting and significantly increased protection against COVID-19, you need two doses of the mRNA vaccine.

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you self-diagnose heart inflammation? Please see your doctor before foregoing your second dose. One dose is better than none, but for long-lasting and significantly increased protection against COVID-19, you need two doses of the mRNA vaccine.
I told the NHS Inform people the symptoms over the phone and they thought it could be that and I'm planning on getting an appointment with my GP to make sure everythings better now.

Anyway I don't plan on having the second dose as it's apparently got a higher chance of causing this side effect.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told the NHS Inform people the symptoms over the phone and they thought it could be that and I'm planning on getting an appointment with my GP to make sure everythings better now.

Anyway I don't plan on having the second dose as it's apparently got a higher chance of causing this side effect.
The odds of this kind of side effect are extremely rare, so when you see your doctor, you should ask what they recommend with regard to the second dose. I hope everything goes well. Let us know how it goes.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't/don't want to get the vaccine, at least be safe other ways. Just don't add conspiracy theories on top of that. (This isn't at a specific person.)
Yes, but just to be clear, everybody who can get vaccinated should get vaccinated as soon as possible. Being safe in other ways is not an excuse to not get vaccinated, and many of those who are choosing to not get the vaccine also aren't wearing masks, etc.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The correlations of many side effects that can happen have been corroborated by the CDC.

Side effects doesn't make them unsafe. I had pfizer, my arm hurt for a few days and my other health issues were made worse.

But I didn't die. If I caught covid, then I could die. There is more of a chance of dying from covid, than dying from the vaccine. Of course you could be the small number of people who dies because you had the vaccine, but you could equally (and importantly more likely) be one of the growing number of people who dies from covid.

It's clear that even with the vaccines that covid is not going anywhere, so hiding away from it and hoping you don't catch it is not a good solution either. covid deaths are around 1/10th of what they were at the peak & may never drop lower.

If you can't/don't want to get the vaccine, at least be safe other ways. Just don't add conspiracy theories on top of that. (This isn't at a specific person.)

Anyone who truly thinks that covid vaccines makes them magnetic, turns them into a 5g antennae, contains a bill gates gps tracker or used to control the population, are certifiable who really ought to be committed to mental institutions. The people making the shit up are trolls and are trolling for lolz.

Obviously it's up to everybody what they put in their body, but you also shouldn't defer to crazy people and trolls for the decision either.

Last edited by smf,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Side effects doesn't make them unsafe.

It makes them unsafe for the people who are hurt by them. If you believe the marketing and feel there is no reason to be reluctant, I won't blame you for that. People have experienced failed guidance by doctor's and medical agencies and people have had bad side effects, so I think it should be understandable that there is a diversity of approach.

Don't make a religion out of it and misrepresent the scripture, condemning those who don't believe.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It makes them unsafe for the people who are hurt by them.

You can be hurt by everything. By your definition breathing or eating isn't safe.

200 people a year die in the us of food allergies.

More than 331 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 6, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 5,946 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem.

The problem is that people die anyway & a lot of people have been vaccinated. If 100% of the population were vaccinated then everyone who died ever would be reported to VAERS as having died after receiving the vaccine.

Ironically the people who don't understand this, are the same people who have been saying that people are dying with covid not of covid.

Putting it into perspective, 5946 deaths of vaccinated people between december 14 2020 & july 6 2021, while there were 3300 vaccinated people a day dying in january 2021.

If you believe the marketing and feel there is no reason to be reluctant, I won't blame you for that. People have experienced failed guidance by doctor's and medical agencies and people have had bad side effects, so I think it should be understandable that there is a diversity of approach.

I don't think that it's good to live in fear because you think that history will repeat itself, that sounds like diagnosable anxiety.

There isn't much that can go wrong with the vaccine, certainly there is a greater chance you'll come to harm if you don't have it.

If everyone dies after being vaccinated then the majority are going to be anti-vaxers and they won't be able to cope with keeping society running.

Don't make a religion out of it and misrepresent the scripture, condemning those who don't believe.

I don't believe in organised religion, each religion has a set of writings that they claim really represent the word of god & say that all the other religions writings were made up by people and are not the word of god. Maybe they are all just made up by people.

I also don't listen to anti vax cults.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Lacius

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
breathing or eating isn't safe.

It isn't safe for the people that the activity hurts. That's true.

Feeding someone who is allergic to peanut butter, food containing peanut butter, isn't necessarily intentionally harming them. At least with awareness of peanut butter allergy, you can point out that the food contains peanut butter before offering.

For the vaccine. All of the side effects, and their severity, are not known. But they are known to exist. The side effects associated with the vaccine are corroborated and continually updated on the CDC's website. It is done out to insulate from liability. It is the bare minimum and a result of the ongoing experiment. To further downplay the side effects and overemphasize the "safety" is to compound the potential harm caused by side effects. .

I don't think that it's good to live in fear because you think that history will repeat itself

Please explain how providing the understanding that different perspectives exist is a symptom of anxiety.

I don't believe in organised religion

I'm fairly certain that organized religion exists.

I never suggested that you listened to anybody.

MMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other news, a mrna flu vaccine is being worked on.

"I'm fine, so let's just ignore everyone else that had it worse or even died from it."

everyone else had it worse or died? any statistics you can link on that?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
everyone else had it worse or died? any statistics you can link on that?

Lacius apparently had it twice, and then got vaccinated. I'm surprised he's still alive. I know of someone who had died in the early phase of the pandemic, when hospitals employed ventilators in harmful ways.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am starting to think you just repeat random stuff you’ve read about people on the Left.
Because you are tribal? Or because you don't pay attention? Mind you I'm not saying folks on the right don't deny science, but a lot of that comes from when science conflicts with religion or their jobs. People deny science when it conflicts with other strong beliefs they have, then they easily feed their confirmation bias to justify it.

Last edited by kevin corms,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can be hurt by everything. By your definition breathing or eating isn't safe.

200 people a year die in the us of food allergies.

More than 331 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 6, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 5,946 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem.

The problem is that people die anyway & a lot of people have been vaccinated. If 100% of the population were vaccinated then everyone who died ever would be reported to VAERS as having died after receiving the vaccine.

Ironically the people who don't understand this, are the same people who have been saying that people are dying with covid not of covid.

Putting it into perspective, 5946 deaths of vaccinated people between december 14 2020 & july 6 2021, while there were 3300 vaccinated people a day dying in january 2021.

I don't think that it's good to live in fear because you think that history will repeat itself, that sounds like diagnosable anxiety.

There isn't much that can go wrong with the vaccine, certainly there is a greater chance you'll come to harm if you don't have it.

If everyone dies after being vaccinated then the majority are going to be anti-vaxers and they won't be able to cope with keeping society running.

I don't believe in organised religion, each religion has a set of writings that they claim really represent the word of god & say that all the other religions writings were made up by people and are not the word of god. Maybe they are all just made up by people.

you do know that less than 1% of ADR's ever get reported right?
not just ones to VAERS
you also do know that there is organized and institutionalized procedures to cover up and dismiss ADR's right?

I had a terrible ADR to Cirpo , it nearly killed me and I was not only dismissed but threated with arrest by an ER doctor
once the criminal allopathic system damages you with one of their poisons they do not want to know you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu