• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
If you had better genes you wouldn't have anything to worry about
:rofl2:

So Eugenics.

Here I am posting about how a president holding fucking mein kampf should not be elected. And then you come along

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You antivaxxers often confuse scared with mocking and putting down. I'm putting you down because you choose to make stupid choices that affected others around you.
I don't care how you feel. I am fully on the side of COVID. I've been hoping and wishing for a plague of any kind to literally decimate humanity for years. And I mean that by the actual dictionary definition of the word. I would be 100% happy with it if COVID wiped out all but 10% of the entire human race.

Thanos was right.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care how you feel. I am fully on the side of COVID. I've been hoping and wishing for a plague of any kind to literally decimate humanity for years. And I mean that by the actual dictionary definition of the word. I would be 100% happy with it if COVID wiped out all but 10% of the entire human race.

Thanos was right.

Well it wiped out a number of antivaxxers in 2021 and objectively, that wasn't a bad thing

• Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
Well it wiped out a number of antivaxxers in 2021 and objectively, that wasn't a bad thing
Fucking terrible that life at all got wiped out... Too bad they won't listen to fucking reason. Apparently another wave is coming soon. So get ready to deal with masks... Again... (I hate having to put it on. I have acne issues and mild asthma. And it would be great if I I didn't need to do it if anti vaxxers just fucking took shit responsibly. But nope it's here to stay)
Post automatically merged:

Well this is how I know your reasoning is complete bunk. You know two things about me and that is that I am type 1 diabetic and my age. So you would have no idea exactly what my odds were.
Yes, we do know the odds.

Infection is not gaurnteed. (It's not 100%. But it's definitely not lower than 80%) It doesn't mean your immune if your not infected. It means that the people around you who could of spread it didn't give a large enough viral payload.
On your d20 dice to pass you needed 15. And you got lucky and rolled 15s or above constantly. When you got over a billion people on the planet, your going to get some people who got near impossible odds.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So Eugenics.

Here I am posting about how a president holding fucking mein kampf should not be elected. And then you come along
Considering Eugenics is related to the artificial (and immoral) selection of "some desired genes", I don't know how that would have anything to do with natural selection, that is the non-artificial natural selection of the organisms that are most apt to survive, reproduce and thrive in a given environment/context. I think you are intentionally mixing up terms and bringing up Hitler in a very cliched/stereotypical way of trying to make a point.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
Considering Eugenics is related to the artificial (and immoral) selection of "some desired genes", I don't know how that would have anything to do with natural selection
How do you have " better genes" as someone already born?

Does that mean the immuno compromised just gets to die? What about the people who have heart issues? Breathing problems?
See, by deliberately choosing to not use the tools we have (vaccines, masks distancing) and all that knowlage.

Your effectively saying "too bad your not the ideal human being."
And deciding that they should be under extreme pain or death.

Which you know, lines up with eugenics. Since that's their talking point. That some group of people were "unclean" or "diseased" and so certain groups of human beings were more pivillaged to live than others. Because they were "more perfect"

Which I don't believe I need to explain why that principle is stupid. Otherwise it would of been okay to just leave people who need glasses behind. Or the people who need asthma inhalers. It's morally fucked up to decide that "oh well, too bad they didn't win the gene lottery"

Especially when we already have the tools to help them. And other human beings.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More and more triple-vacc'ed and boosted athletes and Democrats are dropping dead of heart attacks all the time.

Unlike you, I do not parse it out. While I don't give a shit that they died, I don't care any more or less about them based on their choices in life.

Go get that new jab, buddy. I really, REALLY hope you escape the statistics and don't wind up suffering a fatal heart attack while out for a jog after getting your sixth shot.

I mean it. Totally cereal. Your life has value. To someone. Maybe. Not ME, but, perhaps to someone.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Does that mean the immuno compromised just gets to die? What about the people who have heart issues? Breathing problems?
See, by deliberately choosing to not use the tools we have (vaccines, masks distancing) and all that knowlage.

Which you know, lines up with eugenics. Since that's their talking point. That some group of people were "unclean" or "diseased" and so certain groups of human beings were more pivillaged to live than others. Because they were "more perfect"

Which I don't believe I need to explain why that principle is stupid. Otherwise it would of been okay to just leave people who need glasses behind. Or the people who need asthma inhalers. It's morally fucked up to decide that "oh well, too bad they didn't win the gene lottery"

Especially when we already have the tools to help them. And other human beings.
I don't have a clue what are you replying to or talking about. Are you replying to yourself? Or to a made up person that said something in line to what you are replying to? Don't put words into somebody else's mouth, or well, do it, but you can't be taken seriously then.

Just to summarize, I stated that you are intentionally mixing up Eugenics and Natural selection, the former is an artificial and immoral human activity of selecting "some desired genes", the latter is the non-artificial natural selection where humans are not involved in any kind of manipulation/selection, the god complex of an elite thinking they have the "right to choose" does not exist here, it is not human, it is not immoral.

Now, point by point.

Who ever talked about that, other than you?

People help each other (at least I wish to believe that), you don't let other people die if you can help. But in the end YES immuno compromised as well any other sick and healthy people gets to die; as every other human being! (you know we are mortal?)

No body chooses not to use them, actually I propose the opposite. Everybody has the right to choose to use them, and the right also access to health care in general. And don't play dumb, it is not just about vaccines, here I am talking about a real right to be able to access treatments for your health problems... or do you only have that right if you are rich? you mean people choose not to use those tools if you weren't as successful as your neighbor, even if the cost of producing the medicine is insignificant but oh "medical companies need to make their money, poor semi-rich bastards, each of them CEOs are very sad the they can't be like Jeff Bezos".

BS, those are your words not mine. You are shameless.

Again, more BS. Eugenics is the active (and immoral) selection by human beings of what genes to carry into the future for a society. It has nothing to do with natural selection or with anything being said by any person other than you. It seems you can't stop bringing it up nonetheless, I guess it helps you play the Hitler card. And also, if you're just talking about a difference in access and rights to health care by different people, this already exists and I am against that, but you are playing dumb, you know very well that if you are poor the treatments you'll receive range from bad to non-existent.

Again, you are discussing against your own words, not against something I said. You are so shameless that you have created a fake made up enemy you can fight to prove your point. And again, nobody "leaves someone that needs glasses behind", stop reducing people, people fight for their right, for their health and for their wellbeing. Don't reduce people that you want to paint as helpless and unwilling to fight, this is disrespectful, everybody fights.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't need them if the situation didn't become endemic due to a ton of anti vaxxers spreading and mutating the virus.
Oh and anti maskers too.
I feel like I made this clear. I DO NOT CARE if 90% of the entire human species dies of COVID. I thought I made it clear that that's exactly what I WANTED to have happen.

Let me make it abundantly clear; I am in support of any plague or pandemic that comes along and wipes out most of humanity. Humans are the scourge of the Earth, we are lower than virii, we are the most harmful species to ever exist on this planet, and the world does not need us.

I am including myself in that 90%; I don't care if I die of COVID, either. One fewer human to take up oxygen and resources.

Cheers.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More and more triple-vacc'ed and boosted athletes and Democrats are dropping dead of heart attacks all the time.

Unlike you, I do not parse it out. While I don't give a shit that they died, I don't care any more or less about them based on their choices in life.

Go get that new jab, buddy. I really, REALLY hope you escape the statistics and don't wind up suffering a fatal heart attack while out for a jog after getting your sixth shot.

I mean it. Totally cereal. Your life has value. To someone. Maybe. Not ME, but, perhaps to someone.
You're not a reasonable or intelligent person, so it's simply not possible to have a reasonable or intelligent discussion with you on this subject.

• Haha

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

To be honest I am four times vaccinated (with MRNA/Moderna) and I already feel my heart getting weak...
But probably that has more to do with lack of exercise and a sedentary lifestyle!

PS: and to be honest, there's also the fact that my health (and that of many people) degraded seriously due to the severe reduction of every day activity during more than a whole year of strong isolation/staying home. This I believe had a bigger impact than anything else (covid included) in the decline of health of the general public.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not a reasonable or intelligent person, so it's simply not possible to have a reasonable or intelligent discussion with you on this subject.
I believe that I provided a logical and reasoning example. But, again, I do not care what you think about me, personally. Attack my argument, not my person. Attack ideas, not people.

Ad hominem seems to be the favored logical fallacy of the left. We're used to it by now. If you can't win with logic, just insult the person you disagree with.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't need them if the situation didn't become endemic due to a ton of anti vaxxers spreading and mutating the virus.
Oh and anti maskers too.
Also 1 shot a year is what we were already doing with the flu, because the flu is endemic.

But the low IQs will focus hard on the statistical outliers where a couple people *might* have had a bad reaction to the vaccine and think that's the norm.

Because, they don't understand how numbers work.

To be honest I am four times vaccinated (with MRNA/Moderna) and I already feel my heart getting weak...
But probably that has more to do with lack of exercise and a sedentary lifestyle!

PS: and to be honest, there's also the fact that my health (and that of many people) degraded seriously due to the severe reduction of every day activity during more than a whole year of strong isolation/staying home. This I believe had a bigger impact than anything else (covid included) in the decline of health of the general public.
God you're so full of shit dude.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also 1 shot a year is what we were already doing with the flu, because the flu is endemic.

But the low IQs will focus hard on the statistical outliers where a couple people *might* have had a bad reaction to the vaccine and think that's the norm.

Because, they don't understand how numbers work.

God you're so full of shit dude.
Are you capable of having a disagreement with someone without personally attacking or insulting them?

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that I provided a logical and reasoning example. But, again, I do not care what you think about me, personally. Attack my argument, not my person. Attack ideas, not people.

Ad hominem seems to be the favored logical fallacy of the left. We're used to it by now. If you can't win with logic, just insult the person you disagree with.
When the person your "debating" isn't using logic, there's no path for the debate.

But I'll still call you what you are. Sorry if my not being PC triggered you snowflakes.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one