• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thats really weird, because the most popular president ever, maddow, a left beacon, and god king fauci all said it, the video was scrubbed, of course, but i think i have it saved if i do ill reupload it somewhere so you can see it.
I would like this video as I am shocked that I haven't seen it already.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i did try to find it, but had no luck, LUCKILY, i had a backup saved and ill upload it somewhere you can view it for yourself.

edit: excuse the bad quality of the video, the audio was a bit more important than the resolution.
Post automatically merged:

there ya go, enjoy, im not shocked you didnt know about this though.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i did try to find it, but had no luck, LUCKILY, i had a backup saved and ill upload it somewhere you can view it for yourself.

edit: excuse the bad quality of the video, the audio was a bit more important than the resolution.

there ya go, enjoy, im not shocked you didnt know about this though.

Oh, it's just this quote-mining video where they removed the context and picked the newsworthy quotes. So nothing of value or anything new.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, it's just this quote-mining video where they removed the context and picked the newsworthy quotes. So nothing of value or anything new.

ok, prove that its taken out of context, also, i guess you are also a pathelogical liar as well because you said you had no such knowledge, then said it was nothing new, which is it?

as a freebie, heres another one, director at pfizer, full context

edit, you are having a bad day today

Last edited by lolcatzuru,

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, prove that its taken out of context, also, i guess you are also a pathelogical liar as well because you said you had no such knowledge, then said it was nothing new, which is it?
There's nothing to prove, it's a literal collection of quotes where you can clearly see the speech they're given is condensed into a sentence or two.
Do you talk like the people in that video do? Just make a statement like that completely out of the blue and then never elaborate on anything?

Missing context and a lot of nuance: https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-pfizer-transmission-european-parliament-950413863226

If you take your information on how vaccines work from a random news presenter you're stupid, plain and simple.

Dude is an old fart and has trouble keeping distinct topics separate. Note how he rambles on about testing just before hand, chances are he was referencing everything else (isolating yourself when testing positive, hygiene standards, keeping distances, masks) in addition to the vaccine when talking about limiting transmissions but lost the thread halfway through.
The only thing this proves is that you need term limits for politicians and to get all these old farts out of the government and into assisted living arrangements, and I do mean all of them not just Biden.

Reactions: The Catboy

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cashless benefits nobody but the government. CBDC in the UK if/when it comes into force spells the end of freedom in the UK, along with the massive amount of facial recognition and state surveillance cameras, It'll be a distopia. They will control your digital money, they'll be able to control how much you have and what you're allowed to spend it on. It's the end of the freedom in the west.
Explain everything you've just said in your own words. It reads like the same RW paranoid talking points I've seen parroted a hundred times, so I'd be interested to see you elaborate it independently.

• Sad
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Explain everything you've just said in your own words. It reads like the same RW paranoid talking points I've seen parroted a hundred times, so I'd be interested to see you elaborate it independently.

Digital currency can be programmed so It can only be spent on certain things if the government so chooses. "Everything I disagree with is right wing propaganda" clown.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

edit, you are having a bad day today

It is out of context as they are literally clips from longer videos. None of them just walked on camera, said that one part, then walked off camera. For obvious reasons, these quotes are out of context.

I am aware of the out of context Pfizer clip.
https://www.verifythis.com/amp/arti...heck/536-aaf563f5-2286-44d4-ae0b-2c71812b84e4
https://www.factcheck.org/2022/10/s...us-that-pfizer-trial-didnt-test-transmission/
https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-pfizer-transmission-european-parliament-950413863226
https://www.reuters.com/article/fac...-transmission-of-early-variants-idUSL1N31F20E

Impressive that once again, you still quote mined and removed any wider context. You also didn’t include any full context quotes from professional or experts in this field of study. All you did was prove that you get your information from Twitter and soundbites. You shouldn’t be getting your information from quick soundbites.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Fyrus and KingVamp

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is out of context as they are literally clips from longer videos. None of them just walked on camera, said that one part, then walked off camera. For obvious reasons, these quotes are out of context.

I am aware of the out of context Pfizer clip.
https://www.verifythis.com/amp/arti...heck/536-aaf563f5-2286-44d4-ae0b-2c71812b84e4
https://www.factcheck.org/2022/10/s...us-that-pfizer-trial-didnt-test-transmission/
https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-pfizer-transmission-european-parliament-950413863226
https://www.reuters.com/article/fac...-transmission-of-early-variants-idUSL1N31F20E

Impressive that once again, you still quote mined and removed any wider context. You also didn’t include any full context quotes from professional or experts in this field of study. All you did was prove that you get your information from Twitter and soundbites. You shouldn’t be getting your information from quick soundbites.

ahh all dot coms,. couldve just used wikipedia. also it i get your pathology will prevent you from admitting when you are wrong, but pfizer clip isnt out of context, that is the full context, its ok to admit you were wrong, show me the full clips and where i was wrong.

There's nothing to prove, it's a literal collection of quotes where you can clearly see the speech they're given is condensed into a sentence or two.
Do you talk like the people in that video do? Just make a statement like that completely out of the blue and then never elaborate on anything?

Missing context and a lot of nuance: https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-pfizer-transmission-european-parliament-950413863226

If you take your information on how vaccines work from a random news presenter you're stupid, plain and simple.

Dude is an old fart and has trouble keeping distinct topics separate. Note how he rambles on about testing just before hand, chances are he was referencing everything else (isolating yourself when testing positive, hygiene standards, keeping distances, masks) in addition to the vaccine when talking about limiting transmissions but lost the thread halfway through.
The only thing this proves is that you need term limits for politicians and to get all these old farts out of the government and into assisted living arrangements, and I do mean all of them not just Biden.

what buzz word is this? is this strawmanning? goalpost moving? i can't keep up with anything. Also the other person is stupid then because they linked to a bunch of news websites, i linked to directors, fake presidents, and members of the CDC

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Question for anti-consenters:
If you have 3 doses of vaccines protecting you
And I have tested negative
And I am asymptomatic
And you are wearing an N95 mask
And at least half of your team is still spreading the virus
Then why do you hate consent?

• Haha

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Question for anti-consenters:
If you have 3 doses of vaccines protecting you
And I have tested negative
And I am asymptomatic
And you are wearing an N95 mask
And at least half of your team is still spreading the virus
Then why do you hate consent?
Wow, this is a loaded and ridiculous question.
Being vaccinated doesn’t mean immune and people should continue good health practices regardless of the pandemic or being vaccinated.
These two make sense. If you tested negative, then you aren’t sick and thus aren’t “asymptomatic.” To be asymptomatic means you have tested positive. Which also means you shouldn’t be around other people to help prevent spreading Covid to others.
Wearing a mask helps, that’s why it was recommended. It helps in situations where you are asymptomatic or have immune issues.
No one is against consent but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t criticize those who continue to remain unvaccinated. It also doesn’t mean those who choose to remain unvaccinated should be respected. Choosing to remain unvaccinated has shown to be harmful to everyone and continue the spread of Covid. This is a fact, sorry reality doesn’t care about conspiracies.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: KingVamp

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is a loaded and ridiculous question.
Being vaccinated doesn’t mean immune and people should continue good health practices regardless of the pandemic or being vaccinated.
These two make sense. If you tested negative, then you aren’t sick and thus aren’t “asymptomatic.” To be asymptomatic means you have tested positive. Which also means you shouldn’t be around other people to help prevent spreading Covid to others.
Wearing a mask helps, that’s why it was recommended. It helps in situations where you are asymptomatic or have immune issues.
No one is against consent but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t criticize those who continue to remain unvaccinated. It also doesn’t mean those who choose to remain unvaccinated should be respected. Choosing to remain unvaccinated has shown to be harmful to everyone and continue the of Covid. This is a fact, sorry reality doesn’t care about conspiracies.
yeah the best part is when people try to catch educated professionals in gotchya scenarios, but they fail to understand the difficulty in dealing with lay people and soundbites/word of mouth spread.

like every vaccine can cause injuries, you're stabbing someone with a metal rod and injecting stuff into the veins. it reminds me of when people were talking about myocarditis from injections. the reason for the heart inflammation was improper injections that hit the blood stream instead of depositing in the musculature to slow feed to the body. so your immune system freaks the fuck out cause there are spike proteins in large numbers directly in the blood, causing the body to mount a larger than needed attack all over the vascular system. this can happen with any vaccine that is an intramuscular shot that ends up hitting a vein.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Digital currency can be programmed so It can only be spent on certain things if the government so chooses. "Everything I disagree with is right wing propaganda" clown.
Mm yeah that doesn’t really drill deep enough or cover everything you said.
Nice straw man ending though, I always respect someone who follows up a half-arsed, vague pastiche of an explanation with a desperate insult :^)

• Sad
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be asymptomatic means you have tested positive.

That would be an asymptomatic infection. But I had tested negative and had no symptoms.

Being asymptomatic is itself a strong marker that I am not infected. My symptoms will be stronger than yours if infected, thus providing more warning for me to stay away from others.

If you really cared about risk you would care about all the spread that wouldn't have happened if the health establishment hadn't lied about vaccines stopping the spread. Many vaccinated people would have thought they weren't contagious and went to visit relatives and ended up giving it to them.

Which also means you shouldn’t be around other people to help prevent spreading Covid to others.

Neither should you, since half of your team are equivalent to unvaccinated since the gene therapies are non-sterilising & low durability. If this is all about risk levels, why aren't there 50% as many restrictions on your team?

Wearing a mask helps

It reduces the splatter of large particles of saliva when coughing or sneezing, but it won't stop the aerosol particles when breathing. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link - https://swprs.org/face-masks-evidence/

No one is against consent

Mandates are not compatible with consent. If there is punishment for noncompliance, it is being forced.

but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t criticize those who continue to remain unvaccinated.

Anyone who doesn't practice medicine in accordance with federal vaccination guidelines deserve criticism:

immunisation-handbook.png

edit: also phase 3 clinical trials were not complete when vaccines were mandated - another massive breach of scientific and safety standards worthy of criticism.

Every person who was injured or died as a result of these drugs, can reciprocate their illness back onto the zealots who penetrated their skin and forced their genetic material inside them without their consent. It is never ok to hurt people to help others. Three or more deaths is mass murder according to the Department of Justice - a very low bar.

Last edited by NoobletCheese,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Some people get their kicks playing doctor and promoting drug dependency on the internet. They unironically believe that they are doing "good".

The bottom line, for me, was that our "cultures" were willing to gamble (sacrifice) the lives of children to save old people. Even if it was a one kid under a trolly vs 100 dinosaurs, I don't think it's right.

Reactions: Wolfy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yeah the best part is when people try to catch educated professionals in gotchya scenarios, but they fail to understand the difficulty in dealing with lay people and soundbites/word of mouth spread.
Worse when they feel the need to write paragraphs that I am not going to read

• Haha
Reactions: KingVamp

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people get their kicks playing doctor and promoting drug dependency on the internet. They unironically believe that they are doing "good".

The bottom line, for me, was that our "cultures" were willing to gamble (sacrifice) the lives of children to save old people. Even if it was a one kid under a trolly vs 100 dinosaurs, I don't think it's right.
our culture is founded on vaccination, it's one of the reasons America beat Britain. George Washington variolated his army (by force or brig time), and thus protected our patriots from multiple small pox outbreaks including one in Boston.

In the early years of the American Revolution, George Washington faced an invisible killer that he had once battled as a teenager. While the earlier fight had threatened only his life, at stake in this confrontation were thousands, including military and civilian alike, the continued viability of Washington's army, and the success of the war for independence from Britain.

in late 1776, as Gen. George Washington led his troops through the opening battles of the American Revolution, it was not necessarily the enemy fighters who posed the biggest risk to the fledgling U.S. Army.

An estimated 90% of deaths in the Continental Army were caused by disease, and the most vicious were variants of smallpox, according to the U.S. Library of Congress.

That's why Gen. Washington made the controversial decision to order the mass inoculation of his soldiers, an effort to combat spread of the disease that was at the time a major deterrent to enlistments and posed the risk of debilitating his army and tipping the balance of power against America's first warfighters.

According to the U.S. Library of Congress's Science, Technology, and Business Division, the smallpox inoculations began Jan. 6, 1777, for all of Washington's forces who came through the then-capital of Philadelphia, and through Morristown, New Jersey, following the Battle of Princeton.

Smallpox is a potentially fatal disease that starts with fever and vomiting and an outbreak of ulcers in the mouth and a skin rash. The skin rash turns into highly contagious fluid-filled blisters. The fatality rate was very high.

Inoculations were far more primitive - and dangerous - than today's vaccinations. The most common method was to cut a person's skin and rub the minor incision with a thread or cloth contaminated with a less-virulent version of smallpox, which in this case was a strain known as "variola."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja:
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja: