Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing a problem, with the covers, the spine needs to be 58 pixels, or it goes over the front and back slightly. Or are you making them for if the coverflow dimensions get set differently?

I have backup sets that are all the proper aspect ratio. There's currently no way to compensate for different sized spines, so this is as good as its gonna get until the devs make some changes. For Example, the n64 covs (sized to a height of 680 pixels) are actually 1090 pixels wide, Genesis would be 1061 wide, etc.. and they have different sized spines. So even your "58 pixels" technically is off too, because these covers had to be "shrunk" to 1024 pixel width for wiiflow to display the image. If changes are made to the 'flo, adjustements will be made here as well.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix increased the cover size to 1090, so the covers should be right now. Be cool if I could find some snes covers.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice Vid HB :)

-Update 05-07-12: Updated N64, Genesis/MD, and SMS Full Covers to a bigger size (Wiiflow-mod now supports cover width of up to 1090 Pixels) that are in proper proportion to the height of 680 pixels, so they are no longer slightly squished :) Please note that the NES sets HAVE NOT YET been updated! Also added a ColecoVision set (Which is not currently supported).

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok i go tWiiflow_Mod_svn_r315 and the plugin pack but how do you use it. do i replace the snes9x etc dols with the ones in the pack and where do the covers etc go?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
ive noticed it does for most homebrew, very annoying lol
I agree.
ok i go tWiiflow_Mod_svn_r315 and the plugin pack but how do you use it. do i replace the snes9x etc dols with the ones in the pack and where do the covers etc go?
Wiiflow goes in your apps folder. The plugin pack goes in a folder called /wiiflow/plugins on the partition or SD card where your normal emulators store their ROM's. The covers go in a folder called /wiiflow/boxcovers for the covers that have front and back and /wiiflow/covers for the ones that just have an image on the front of it.
You can edit the INI files in the "plugins" folder to tell it to look in a subfolder inside those folders for covers if you want to sort them out by emulator or something but that's optional.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, wow, wow!!!

mastershoes and the rest of the team: You have changed the emulation game on Wii.
I'm already on board and I haven't downloaded a single cover.
This is the way to go for emulation. I will continue to use USBGX for Wii games, VC, WW, etc., but will have a forwarder to launch Wiiflow for emulated games.
Kudos also to nicklessguy for having the vision early on of doing something like this, to Fix94 for supporting it and especially to mastershoes for starting it all and his great effort in the production of the cover packs.

A couple of questions:
- Is that "Return to Wiiflow" button at the bottom of the emus an overlay that Wiiflow does or does that require a modified version of each emulator?
- Will all artwork use no-intro as the standard naming convention? What about when this gets integrated into WiiTDB or spiffycovers? I'm thinking I would be better off renaming my rom to match the convention than having to rename covers every time I update them, so I would like to choose the best naming scheme for my roms.

At any rate, kudos and thanks for this project.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
- Is that "Return to Wiiflow" button at the bottom of the emus an overlay that Wiiflow does or does that require a modified version of each emulator?
- Will all artwork use no-intro as the standard naming convention? What about when this gets integrated into WiiTDB or spiffycovers? I'm thinking I would be better off renaming my rom to match the convention than having to rename covers every time I update them, so I would like to choose the best naming scheme for my roms.
-Another version of the emulators modified to be able to directly run a ROM directly and set to return back to WiiFlow that is placed in a "plugins" folder in WiiFlow.
-The problem is they haven't figured out what convention to use yet. [member='deakphreak'] is thinking about doing it with checksums but I don't think any decision has been made yet.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great and everything looks cool.

But how do I get all this stuff set up??

There's nothing in the original post about where to get Wiiflow-MOD and the plugins (didn't even know it needed plugins), how to make your Wiiflow theme look like some of these videos, and how to set it up once you've downloaded everything. I guess you have to set some paths up by editing some .ini files rather than through the Wiiflow menu?

Anyway sorry for the complaint and thanks for all of these images.

Reactions: 1 person

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great and everything looks cool.

But how do I get all this stuff set up??

There's nothing in the original post about where to get Wiiflow-MOD and the plugins (didn't even know it needed plugins), how to make your Wiiflow theme look like some of these videos, and how to set it up once you've downloaded everything. I guess you have to set some paths up by editing some .ini files rather than through the Wiiflow menu?

Anyway sorry for the complaint and thanks for all of these images.
You can find it at the open-wiiflow-mod google code page.
The emulator mods are in a plugins zip file in the download page.
The theme is carbonik, one of the official ones in the wiiflow wiki.
I haven't set anything up but it should be intuitive once you download the mod...

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The wiiflow themes thread was also set up so people could post the updated versions that work with all the bells and whistles of the latest WiiFlow versions but I just took a look at it and I think there have been some newer changes made to themes since the last post so If you wanna make it look REALLY nice you could always go over to the WiiFlow-mod and ask for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill