Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might of missed something, but it looks like the cover dimensions are for the original emus. Will there be an alternate set for wiiflow?

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might of missed something, but it looks like the cover dimensions are for the original emus. Will there be an alternate set for wiiflow?

Nah, you didn't miss anything, did you see the title of this thread? :P

Just kidding man! But seriously, I'm working on some Full HQ sets right now, and I just talked to fix about getting the size implemented, so if everything's a go, you will see some sets start to pop up here! I just got a Nintendo 64 set done yesterday. :) I am using most of thecoverproject.net's sets for a base at the moment, converting them, cleanin' up a few, and re-naming them to the "no-intro" romsets.

MarioPartyUSA-1.png

Reactions: 1 person

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice collection, im gonna setup Emulation in WiiFlow later and take the plunge, whats the best cover type to use or doest emulators have a boxmesh like Wii/GC. games

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uploaded 500 HQ spreads for NES for Mastershoes to work with 3366x1200 300 dpi. When everything gets resized on par with gametdb standards, Miigotu mentioned he is working on a cover downloader for emulators

here is the list of ones he has access to now: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=n9PkXCWp

Reactions: 2 people

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up to all who may be intrested, I'm cleaning up the Game Boy classic cover collection by mastershoes to HQ and adding some missing covers as well as (J) [T-Eng] cover titles. I should have the upload posted here by tomorrow. @[member='mastershoes'], I'll send you a personal link if you like which I redone like 94% of the game titles if you want to upgrade your other GB cover collection. The link I'll post here will just cover the ones that really needed some attention. Great work tho guys. Keep it up :)

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cover Set Update!

Update 04-22-12: mastershoes GB Classic cover collection updated and cleaned up. I added & revised over 130 covers as well as added (J) [T-Eng] covers. All covers are official & non-greatest hits. This just covers the ones that really needed the extra attention.
Special Thanks to mastershoes for the covers!!

http://www.mediafire...iba9z3159gx8xq8

Reactions: 3 people

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
wiiflow is gonna reboot the wii emulation scene :P

Honestly, emulator front-ends never revolutionized anything in my opinion, it does not make the game play better or improve emulation, and I always found out the excitation about browsing a "full ROM collection" to dry out pretty soon when you actually start to *really* play the game you like instead of staring at all these covers or showing how "cool" they are to friends :P

That's said, the amount of work done here by mastershoes is incredible, I can't imagine how much time you spent on this

Reactions: 1 person

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last few days I have been retouching my Sega Master System boxcovers to remove bad levels, colors, stains, creases, everything nasty. I have enclosed these to share, they are sized to 1024x680 for Wiiflow HQ specifications. I have ommited sports games and japanese language titles.

Enclosed is 288 SMS boxcovers, full listing of archive at http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QtVLdpCr

Download link at https://bitbucket.org/hammertime/t/downloads/SMS_boxcovers.rar

Examples of before/after. Click on thumbnail for full size.

:Old

:New

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as you can probably see by Brenry's post, there's been an update to this page!

-Update 05-01-12 Added Full Cover Sets for Wiiflow-Mod's "EmuFlow"

A lot of things are still in process, still... a lot of people want some full covers. So here's where everything's at so far. They are pretty damn good overall for the short amount of time getting them together, but a lot of them also need improvements and "cleaning". Also, technically they're not to the correct aspect ratio, Although they're damn close... Some of them came out to 1090x680, or 1061x680 with maintaining the height ratio.. and wiiflow wont accept those dimensions, so they have been slightly shrunk to fit the 1024x680 mold of the 'flo, but it's hardly noticeable, and looks a HELLUVAH lot better than 2D covers. Boosh. Please read the first post for more update information, and a video preview. (I will update that preview by the weekend with some NES, SNES, and even some SG-1000 (lol) covers that i grabbed today - I'm cleanin' up the SG-1000 now, they're pretty beat up, and it's a small set). Also, special thanks to Beast @ Dark Umbra for gathering up the N64 art from thecoverproject for me. And also to the man, the myth, the legend.. Eke-Eke for all the sega artwork.

Have Fun!

Reactions: 4 people

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl: You might want to hang out on the Wiiflow IRC channel. Frequent boot.dol updates are posted throughout the day by the devs so you don't have to compile yourself. The server is irc.abject.net in channel #Wiiflow.

In case you are not IRC savy or use Mirc, the direct web chat link is http://www.wiiflowiki.com/Special:WebChat

Fix and the rest of the devs are always there and very helpful on questions.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Brenry, thanks removed the link. You know, posting it is not wanted, if somebody wanna have it PM and not just here.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing a problem, with the covers, the spine needs to be 58 pixels, or it goes over the front and back slightly. Or are you making them for if the coverflow dimensions get set differently?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool