Hacking Copy VC titles/savegames from Wii (UNEEK) to vWii?

Popopinsel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

just bought a Wii U and I'm now asking myself if it's possible to transfer my VC titles or savegames (wad installations) from my Wii's UNEEK-Nand to the vWii?

Thanks!

P.S.: is UNEEK for vWii available by now?

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would have to re-install them to the vWii manually, but make sure you read carefully about Wad installations first

Popopinsel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, maybe this will work: I've opened my Wii NAND dump with ShowMiiNand and tried to pack a VC title (the savegame would be included, right?). Unfortunately it gave me an error saying that cert.sys was missing from /sys/ so I took that file from my vWii NAND dump (taken with FSTOOLBOX). I've put that file into the /sys/ folder of my Wii NAND dump and packed the VC wad successfully.

The question now is wether the installation of this wad on my vWii will be safe? And will it include my savegames?

Or can I use NAND emulation under vWii? I mean, I already have my vWii NAND backup, so can'T I just install the VC wad to this dump and use it with e.g. WiiFlow?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Just read the stickied threads man, be careful with what you install to vWii, there is no brick protection and you could easily render vWii mode useless if you muck around and don't know what you're doing.

Popopinsel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"Man", I can do that, I'm no noob to stuff like this. I was under the false impression to get some serious help despite warning the crap out of me about what mess I could possibly do.

Anyway I was able to achieve this by myself and here's what I did:
  1. Softmodded vWii using Simple guide to install d2x cIOS on vWii + backup NAND and keys.
  2. Took an external USB HDD and formatted it as FAT32 with 32kb sectors.
  3. Put the NAND dump from FSTOOLBOX to /nand/ on the HDD.
  4. Took cert.sys from vWii NAND dump and copied it to the Wii/UNEEK NAND dump (/sys/Cert.sys).
  5. Loaded ShowMiiNands, opened Wii dump and chose to backup all savegame data.
  6. Packed the VC titles to wad files.
  7. Loaded the vWii dump, installed the wad's to it and restored all savegame data.
  8. Installed WiiFlow 4.x which flawlessly plays the VC games (+savegames!) from the vWii NAND dump
  9. I can now switch between EMUNAND and WBFS games using 'B' in WiiFlow and hided the other titles/channels in the NAND dump by using favorites.
So the only things I installed to the vWii's real NAND were those from the approved guide (HBC, cIOS, WiiFlow Forwarder). All my suspicious wad's go to the vWii EMUNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-