trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I missed it, but does it support rumble/vibration? I know that regular USB to PS2 adapter doesn't support vibration along with pressure sensitive button.

EDIT: Nevermind, it does support force feedback. :lol:

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
I was fully in support of the kickstarter until I saw the goal, I don't see such a niche product getting ththat much in just over a month.

I wonder how much of that money goes to setup cost for the device and each of the adapters? My guess is, at $150,000, he's barely breaking even. Granted, things do get cheaper after the initial demands are filled.

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem explaining this.

150 goal
50k ( cost to make the prototype and tooling already paid in full )
80k to lower the price, as building with a low quantity is very costly.
---50 would require the target retail complete set to be $150
---65 would require the target retail complete set to be $125
---80 requires the target retail complete set to be $100
---95 would require the target retail complete set to be $75
20k in overhead

We felt the target price of $70 would set the goal way too high. Originally we felt 150k would be do-able, though we admit it is not looking good. However being this is the first KS for some of us we didn't know everything. Our advertising turned out to be a scam and we lost out on some costs. We have now teamed up with the right man for the job and hope to get that out on the next week. This will generate a lot more backers. Will it make 150k, no I don't think so but we never planned to run only one KS. All backers will get a heads up on what happens next.

Remember if you pledge on this KS and it fails you loose nothing, KS rules. You also get access to updates for a single dollar pledge. KS does not allow modify this goal so there is no point in beating the dead horse. Also if it falls short of 150k we may be OK. A few "angle investors", if you will, have contacted me. It is not a lost cause yet.

Special-T

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think ulao answered most of the questions, if I happened to have missed any please let me know.

Are the hdmi ports durable? are they easily detached (it would be great if they couldn't be detached easily or getting loose)

Yes... definitely yes. In my review, you'll see an image with several different controllers I tested which would be 20 in total. The device never gave me any issues and I wasn't really being gentle with it, I was treating it the same way I would a Sega Genesis or SNES system grab the box and plug it in. I don't know if it's easily discernible in the video but I wasn't being overly cautious with the cables or the ports when I was connecting the 4 pads in the video.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The design of the box makes the cables around it quite messy. It would've been better and more ideal if they were all in a straight line than the way it is now.

garbanzox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The KickStarter page needs a lot of work imo. The presentation is confusing, the writing isn't great, there are too many intimidating blocks of text...

And the packages seem pretty random, I think you could work through the options a lot better.

Overall I don't think people who aren't familiar with BlissBox really understood what the project is all about.

Ulao I'd be happy to help out with v2. I'll be in touch.

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The design of the box makes the cables around it quite messy. It would've been better and more ideal if they were all in a straight line than the way it is now." That is on the poll.

WiiCube_2013, thx, we should talk.

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From another beta tester!

YES! Resounding yes that it works with Android. I tested it with my Nexus 7 and the MD.emu emulator ... it instantly detects all four of the USB devices, numbers them 1-4 in fact (which is smarter than Windows since it doesn't), and instantly began to use the NES pad I had plugged in to navigate menus, no configuration required.
Now I expect most emulators will need some sort of configuration, but know that this is a completely Android-friendly device!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/syjnd3or...PFESHua?dl=0#lh:null-FFsplit-141216-230443.mp

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing this. I wish it had a sooner shipping date. I would gladly pledge for the mega set. Maybe see what I can work out via email.

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shipping date is worst case, I never make promises without a reasonable window. Also the amount dictates this time frame, if the 75k is hit it won't take that long where as 100k would require more lead time.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny because I just happened to, today in fact, post a new thread asking for suggestions for a controller that would work for multiple system emulation. This is another solution to that problem. Being able to use each system's controllers would indeed be an awesome solution. I didn't realize something like this even existed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!