Status
Not open for further replies.

Contest! Win Neverout for Nintendo Switch!

Do you like contests? Do you like games? Do you like puzzle games? Do you like those puzzle games on your Nintendo Switch? Then I have something for you![prebreak]1[/prebreak]

Untitled-2.png

Thanks to our friends at Gamedust, you have the opportunity to be one out of five lucky winners of their recently released Neverout for Nintendo Switch!

All you have to do is submit your design and idea of a maze in the comments below. Maybe add some traps, enemies, or any cool mechanic you can think of. Make it as simple or complex you want.
The staff will vote and pick their five favorites, judging by a combination of creativity, fun ideas and some artistic qualities - so don't worry if you are not confident in you drawing skills, come up with a fun idea! We want to see as many of your ideas as possible.

This is a quick competition: we're accepting entries from this very moment until it closes only one week from now, on Wednesday 25/07/2018 at 20:00 UTC
The winners will be contacted via PM and made public once the votes have been counted.
Of course, only one entry per user and any foul play will result in a ban.

Issacs_Maze.png

This is my maze... maybe not all that exciting!

Let your creativity flow! Go Go Go!

:arrow: Read our review of Neverout here
:arrow: Visit the Neverout webpage here

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nc4LCcZ.jpg

The maze of the warrior monk is a maze with two different paths: you can either follow through the maze by taking down various monsters, or you can take a much longer, harder maze without the need to shed any blood.

You start on the top left of the map, the pink circle. The end goal is the spot where the green line is, at the bottom left.

I didn't put much thought on the kind of monsters there are, since I focused more on the maze. However, for the bosses, I was thinking of monsters inspired by the Asian mythology, such as Namahages or Manananggal.

The path that leads to the monsters is very hard. So hard that, for the majority of people, taking the longer path might be quicker for them. This path focuses on action, rather than the maze itself, as there are 4 times less dead ends than the path with no monsters.

The blue lines are part of a wall that gets crumbled down when the monster nearby is slain. The orange lines are an empty space where the warrior can switch to the maze with no monsters, but can never come back. They who take the path with no monsters can never switch it.

You can't die in this maze. If a monster drains all your life, it will laugh at you until you regenerate half of the life bar. The more you get beaten up, the more the monster will laugh at you, and the quicker your life bar will be regenerated. Get beaten up enough times and you will get a permanent boost in life regeneration, but you will hear the monster's laugh throughout the whole maze, unless you decide to switch to the path with no monsters.

There is no time limit. However, there are three endings: the good ending, the very good ending and the best ending, based on how long it takes you to finish the maze. The best and the very good ending are locked if you get the permanent boost in life regeneration. It's more of an easter egg than anything.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I forgot to ask: Does the game come on a redeemable eshop key? Might gift it to a friend if I win.

Insighted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ooh more free stuffs

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think i can make a good maze though so oh well.

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YYw5b4g.png

Here's a prototype I whipped up in Unity
https://youtu.be/6byWOgfAwlM
Basically the maze is contained in a 3x3x3 grid of interconnected boxes with massive boulders blocking your way. How do you get around the boulders? By using your powers, you can alter gravity to let the boulders roll out of your way. The person navigating the maze must manage their limited space to find their way to the end.
Q0oDCtS.png
Download link if you're interested in playing :: https://mega.nz/#!jIhDjKjK!KGkYicOEB4IZjhT_UxAiEVHlr_ZBhYWxvQ8i7SuQJy4
Controls are standard FPS controls: mouse to look, WASD to move. If you press and HOLD left click, time freezes and you can use WASD to rotate gravity.
I know providing source is a standard here, so if people really want to peek at the Unity project; you can let me know I suppose.

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this one perfectly showcases what happens when I enter a giveaway. I never win.

Attachments

• yes.png
    yes.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 197
Reactions: Issac

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maze.png

The player will start at the "Start Position".

Once the player enters to the Teleport area, it will be set on 1 random color room, [A,B,C or D].
The player will need to walk trough the room doors [North, South, East, West] repeatedly 4 times. to be teleported back to the Main Room.
If the player did the sequence in the correct order, before he is teleported to the main room, a number of beeps will sound [can range from 1 to 4].
Once in the main room, the player needs to input the code [Number of beeps] into the color area in front of the teleport area, corresponding to the color of the area he was when received the code.
If the player did not make the right sequence, no beep will sound and he needs to enter to the portal again and he will be teleported to a random room again.

Once the player complete the 4 rooms with the correct sequence, and the cryptex has the correct numbers filled in, corresponding to the beeps that the room gave the user, a new portal will appear letting the user exit the main room.

Note:
There will be NO sound feedback when entering the doors in the room, giving the player any clue that he is walking in the correct order. [This is to lead the player to write them down on paper or something]
The only Feedback will be given once the user complete pas trough 4 door and only if the sequence is correct, else no feedback will be given, and the user will be on the main room.
Sequence are Static, meaning that they will be always the same, however, the code will always change, so the user cant go directly to the cryptex to enter the same number.

That's about it, Good Luck to the other contestants!

Reactions: RedoLane and Issac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch