Gaming Considering buying a Wii Mini to scavenge spare parts

GBA rocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed Wii Minis are starting to drop below 80€ (even getting close to 70€) when on sale in some places and on amazon.

Wouldn't mind having some spare parts (for the years to come) for my GC-compatible black Wii, namely
- original red Wii motion plus remote
- original red nunchuck (hard to find elsewhere)
- original wii sensor bar
- original power brick

if you shop for these parts individually you easily top the price of a Wii Mini on sale. (and you'd be hard pressed to find a red nunchuck).

Just a thought.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For that alone...yes.
For the Wii mini...NEVER.

The console itself is rubbish.
*No component output support.
*No Gamecube support
*No wiiware/virtualconsole support
*No online connectivity
*No sd card support for saves
*Not way of softmodding

Only for the red controllers.
FYI a WHITE Wiiu wiimote-nunchuck-sensor bar goes for about 60 euro.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=Wii U Remote Additional set&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&gws_rd=cr&ei=X8JDUvrDG7H14QTL_oGgDg

http://www.budgetgaming.nl/game-profile/wii u remote plus combinatieset (wit)_Wiiu.html

GBA rocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmh I didn't know about that bundle, nice.

I looked around and I could get that and a used official power brick for 65€ total (including shipping).

That's 15€ less than a Wii Mini on sale, but 15€ for a Wii Mini (which is a collectible by itself anyway, it has a cool Famicom vibe to it :) , see pics below) and a spare official composite cable (not that I'd ever use it over my official Component, but still), sounds like a steal, so I'd still buy a Mini (on sale).

square_button_famicom13.jpg

D1KEM.jpg

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you are buying it for the red controllers, go for it. There is very little components on Wii Mini that can be salvaged onto a regular Wii.

The biggest downside with WIi Mini are lack of 480p and SD card slot for backing up save files.

GBA rocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I like red and black controllers because they're the only ones that come with matching solid color official silicone sleeve (OCD much).
Black wii + black WiiRplus in solid-black sleeve + black nunchuck + black CCP
Red wii + red WiiRplus in solid-red sleeve + red nunchuck + red CCP

Red WiiRplus is available in the 40€ (amazon) Wii Play Motion bundle. (includes game Wii Play Motion and points for Club Nintendo)
Red nunchuck isn't available as a stand alone accessory and has to be scavenged from a 25th anniversary red Wii bundle or from a Wii Mini.

Another nice set to have would be Zelda gold WiiRplus + Club Nintendo gold nunchuck + Club Nintendo gold wheel + Goldeneye gold CCP. But that would be super expensive.

The biggest downside with WIi Mini are lack of 480p

That would be nothing...unfortunately it doesn't even support 480i over Component and S-Video (or RGB Scart in PAL zones). Having just composite output, there's no one reason I would ever turn it on at all. I wonder if people could mod it to route S-video or RGB to the video output like they do with some snes/nes models, if the required pins are already in place.

Still it's cool to own it for 10-15€ (over what I would spend for brand new genuine nintendo accessories). Put some mario kart in it and throw it at the kids. Leave it at a secondary location. And stuff like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E