Hacking Conflicted... I am on 4.1 but will want to play Octopath and Xenoblade 2 story expension

Xellos2099

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in a bit of a bind, I am on 4.1 but will want to play Octopath traveler and Xenoblade 2 story expension. With the way things are going, what are the chances I can hack my system and play some legit game at the same time?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It depends on what you want to do. If you update, you'll miss out on future software exploits but you'll be able to go online, or you could wait for something like emunand which would give you the benefits of a later firmware while keeping sysnand on an earlier one. There is that new method to update without burning fuses, though the process seems pretty long and I haven't tried it so I'm not completely sure what the benefits and drawbacks are to using it.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Octopath releases july 13 and Xenoblade dlc on September, so no point in updating right now. Who knows what might happen in the scene until then

HiD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am in a bit of a bind, I am on 4.1 but will want to play Octopath traveler and Xenoblade 2 story expension. With the way things are going, what are the chances I can hack my system and play some legit game at the same time?
Same situation, don't forget Hollow Knight :)
Hope we get some cool news during summer.

Xellos2099

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care about online. I mean I might go SX OS path if people are getting good experience with it. I know I know ti is $50 ish but think of the possibility.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I read about that e-fuse thing, whatb is it really? Does it limit the amount of time we can update the switch

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I read about that e-fuse thing, whatb is it really? Does it limit the amount of time we can update the switch
Every time you update your console tiny elements inside the CPU, called eFuses, are burnt. When you boot the device, the console expects a specific firmware according to the eFuses which have been burnt. If the number of them doesn't match with the installed firmware, you won't be able to use the console. Therefore, downgrading isn't possible.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Yes. Every major update of Nintendo's choosing, they blow a fuse, literally. This then locks people in to that update because the firmware checks if the right fuses are broken or not.

Porotto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You won't need to enter RCM every time you want to boot into Atmosphére.
Oh that just confused me more, im so new to switch and whats happening, so esentially rightnow its a pain to get into "Atmosphere" which is like a OS? and in the future you'll be able to boot it like any emunand on lets say a 3ds?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh that just confused me more, im so new to switch and whats happening, so esentially rightnow its a pain to get into "Atmosphere" which is like a OS? and in the future you'll be able to boot it like any emunand on lets say a 3ds?
Yeah, Atmosphére is a WIP CFW. Look up Switch RCM and you'll see how cumbersome it is to enter ATM.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't need to enter RCM every time you want to boot into Atmosphére.

But more than likely, you WILL need to point your Switch to an internally hosted, or external, web site. I just updated my Switch to 5.1. The SX Pro works with this ver, I get the exFat update and if I want to use it, Atmosphere supports 5.1 as well.

Yeah, I could have hacked the exFat update onto my Switch but piss on that guide. Way too complicated for my simple mind. I'm just in this for the piracy......... and lulz.

Reactions: King_Knoedel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️... +1