Hacking Configurable USB Loader

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having similar issues as previous posters with the mighty plugin. I can see my wiiware installed in my emu nand, which is on my SD card, but when I attempt to boot any of them, I get a black screen. I'm using v70r51, with the newest mighty.dol.

Edit: the above error occurs only when using d2x v10 beta52 base 56.
When using d2x base 57 or 58, I get:
"[...]
Reading TMD ... done
Generating fake ticket ... done
Reading ... Reading certs certs failed
Identify failed "

Just to cover all my bases, since I had them installed, I tried Hermes' 222 and 223; using these booted me back to the system menu, rather than hanging forever.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you guys are missing the cert.sys (of your device) in the "sys" Folder of your Emu NAND

I had used modmii to make a fresh nand to emulate. Apparently I didn't get this file, I'm not sure if something went wrong or what. I extracted a backup of my own actual nand instead, and now everything seems to be working great! Thank you :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I had used modmii to make a fresh nand to emulate. Apparently I didn't get this file, I'm not sure if something went wrong or what. I extracted a backup of my own actual nand instead, and now everything seems to be working great! Thank you :)
I think the modmii NANDS assume you're going to run them with neek2o in which case the cert.sys I'd assume is created automatically. If you want, though, there IS a cert.sys extraction app ... I just don't know where it is off hand.

Reactions: ayrek

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the modmii NANDS assume you're going to run them with neek2o in which case the cert.sys I'd assume is created automatically. If you want, though, there IS a cert.sys extraction app ... I just don't know where it is off hand.

I didn't have a cert.sys at all, so I'm assuming that modmii ran into an error that I didn't notice. I'm going to blame the late hour that I was working on it.
Instead, I just used a nand backup from bootmii, with showmiiwads, to get most things working. Ocarina of Time seems to play well, as well as a couple other VC games that I had in my nand backup (Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden). Paper Mario wants to hang on the "You will need a classic controller" screen, but that seems to be a compatibility issue, from what I've read.

What I'd like to do, however, is get all of the forwarder channels working from CFG. I have priiloader set to autoboot into CFG, and it's very close to being a fully functioning system menu, at this point. My forwarder for FCEUgx is working without any tweaks, but I've run into issues with both WiiMC and the oficial VBAgx forwarder. I've also had trouble turning up any information about getting them working. Any suggestions? :)

cheesypr09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, Modmii doesn't put cert.sys in the nand it builds, Modmii readme does point this out...

I used simple cert extractor to get my cert.sys, copied it to USB:\nand\sys folder.

Games wouldn't start with cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final but do work with cIOS250[57]-d2x-v8-final
I also set nand emulation to Full (btw, the word partial is misspelled in menu, should be a high priority fix for r52!)

I tried a couple Kirby games and they work. Mario Party 2 doesn't work, but I wasn't surprised.

Thanks for helping me!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yeah, from what I can tell it makes a NAND that basically looks like a newly purchased Wii fresh out of the box and the cert.sys (apparently) is just created during the starting setup process so if you've never actually run the system menu from your emuNAND (with some sort of neek program, for example). It's probably never gotten to that point.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, Modmii doesn't put cert.sys in the nand it builds, Modmii readme does point this out...

Yeah, from what I can tell it makes a NAND that basically looks like a newly purchased Wii fresh out of the box and the cert.sys (apparently) is just created during the starting setup process so if you've never actually run the system menu from your emuNAND (with some sort of neek program, for example). It's probably never gotten to that point.

Ah, there's the answer. Makes sense now, thank you!

SpewHole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, forgive my naïveté, but I seem to be stuck at v70. If I update to mods r15 or higher for GameCube compatibility, all of the games in my library will no longer load. Rolling back to unmodded v70 (.dol) resolves the issue, but then no GameCube functionality.

With r15 or higher, I keep getting the following error when loading Wii backups (I used Mario Kart Wii as an example, but it happens with every game):

ERROR: Setting up fragments -2 3
ID Mismatch: [RMCE01] []

ERROR: SetWBFS -3

And then if I try to load a GameCube backup, I get this error:

ERROR: the drive or partition usb:/ is not connected!!

Any pointers for someone relatively new at this? Am I doing something wrong during the update process maybe?

BlueLemming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v70r51
=========
-create plugins folder when not exist
-changed button color (add "old_button_color=1" to config.txt for the old color)
-wbfs folder is now configurable (add "wbfs_fat_dir=/yourWbfsFoler" to config.txt)
-added DM 2.5 screenshot setting
-improved devolution video settings
-added new filters for Wii games and channels
-improved mighty plugin

http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/downloads/detail?name=cfg70MODr51.dol

Can we add channels / homebrew into CFG USB Loader now?

Also if I could suggest a sort by "game type" option (Gamecube/Wii/Channels). That would be really useful.

cheesypr09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering. Since we can use an emulated nand via mighty plug in, could that be used to launch game cube games instead of Dios Mios or Devolution?

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
What are the correct settings for wiird? And where do I put the files? When I try to use my gct file (placed in the same folder as the game) the game seems to start normally (the dios mios splash screen shows for a little bit and then disappears like normal), but then after that just a blank screen shows. The game runs fine without cheats enabled. DM 2.2

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Did a couple of tests of the Migthy Channel plugin, most frustrating is the invisibility of a some installed titles in the CFG USB Loader. Here are the results:

Art of Balance
Bejeweled 2
Bomberman Blast
Bubble Bobble Plus!
chick chick BOOM
Contra ReBirth
escapeVektor Chapter 1
Excitebike World Rally
FAST - Racing League
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - My Life as a Dark Lord
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - My Life As A King
Fluidity
Jett Rocket
Maboshi's Arcade
Mega Man 10
Mega Man 9
Mix Superstar
Mr. Driller W
NyxQuest Kindred Spirits
Onslaught
Pearl Harbor Trilogy - 1941 Red Sun Rising
Pop 'Em Drop 'Em SameGame
Rush Rush Rally Racing
Toki Tori
Toribash
Water Warfare
World Of Goo

Art Style - CUBELLO
Art Style - light trax
Art Style - ORBIENT
Art Style - ROTOHEX
Bonsai Barber
Castlevania ReBirth
LostWinds - Winter of the Melodias
LostWinds
Max & the Magic Marker
Midnight Pool
My Aquarium
My Zoo
Overturn
Pokemon Rumble
Pop
Swords & Soldiers
Tumblebugs 2

Airport Mania First Flight
Alien Crush Returns
And Yet It Moves
Art Style - ROTOZOA
Astro Bugz - Revenge
Blaster Master Overdrive
Brain Challenge
Cave Story
Chronos Twins DX
Dive
Drop Zone
Eat Fat Fight
Flowerworks
Frobot
Helix
La-Mulana
Liight
MDK2
Military Madness Nectaris
MotoHeroz
Rage of the Gladiator
Robocalypse - Beaver Defense
Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy - RUSH
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I
Space Invaders Get Even
Tomena Sanner
TV Show King 2
Vampire Crystals
WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase
You, Me, and the Cubes

1080 Snowboarding
F-Zero X
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Pokemon Snap
Sin & Punishment
Super Mario 64
Wave Race 64
Yoshi's Story

Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards
Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask
Mario Golf
Mario Party 2
Mario Tennis
Ogre Battle 64 Person of Lordly Caliber
Paper Mario
Pokemon Puzzle League

Star Fox 64

A few of WiiWare titles are not recognized & shows as the game id's:
W3TE - Pearl Harbor Trilogy - 1941 Red Sun Rising
WA7E - Toribash
WSAE - Onslaught
WSGE - Pop'Em Drop'Em Same Game

Hope this will be helpful for anyone. If you have tested different titles or make it possible to run games from my incompatible lists, please share your experience.

nicodocet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does someone of you know if there is a way to group backups in subfolders (under wbfs folder) and have the subfolders selectable with the GUI?

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did a couple of tests of the Migthy Channel plugin, most frustrating is the invisibility of a some installed titles in the CFG USB Loader.

I actually did the same thing, but with some varying results. Primarily, that three games (My Aquarium, LostWinds, and Pop) seem to be working. Although, I admittedly only tested each game for a few minutes, so if they stop functioning at some point after you've begun, then I may have not played long enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: