Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
2ayrek: me too tested these games just for a few minutes. Both LostWinds are incompatible with the Mighty Channels — they are starts but gameplay is corrupted — this was confirmed earlier in this topic by a few more users. If you could run one of them smoothly, please, explain to me how you've done that. Pop & My Aquarium just hangs on startup in my case, how did you got them to work?

2R2-D2199: seems like all games are now visible, thank you. There are two major problems left (excluding compatibility of the Mighty Channels):
  • CFG doesn't save position at the WiiWare game launch & always return "cursor" to the previously started Wii or Gamecube title
  • not all title names are detected correctly — id shown instead of the game name

Here are the previously "invisible" games test results:

Adventure Island - The Beginning
Aha! I Got It! Escape Game
Alien Crush Returns
And Yet It Moves
Astro Bugz - Revenge
Balloon Pop Festival
Blaster Master Overdrive
Brain Challenge
Bust-A-Move Plus!
Cave Story
Chronos Twins DX
Dive
Eat Fat Fight
Equilibrio
Fish Tank
Fishie Fishie
Flowerworks
Frobot
Furry Legends
Gyrostarr
Helix
HoopWorld
Horizon Riders
JellyCar 2
La-Mulana
lilt line
LIT
MadStone
Magnetica Twist
Magnetis
Military Madness Nectaris
Planet Fish
Pool Revolution - Cue Sports
Rage of the Gladiator
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I
Space Invaders Get Even
Star Soldier R
The Three Musketeers One for All!
The Very Hungry Caterpillers ABCs
Tiki Towers
Tomena Sanner
Viral Survival
You, Me, and the Cubes
Zombie Panic in Wonderland

Airport Mania First Flight
Arkanoid Plus!
Art Style - ROTOZOA
Bobby Carrot Forever
Carnival King
Cocoto Platform Jumper
Eduardo the Samurai Toaster
High Voltage Hot Rod Show
Liight
MDK2
MotoHeroz
Paint Splash
Robocalypse - Beaver Defense
The Mystery of Whiterock Castle

N.B. Under the "Not working" term i mean that the game is not fully workable. For example, "Burn the rope" starts correctly, but when i complete one level it hangs onto the saving screen; next the "Lost Winds" starts & work but a lot of textures are missed so game is unplayable, etc.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oji, if you really want better wiiware compatibility, you have to use neek2o or sneek.
Mighty Channels (and other loaders like Might channels that can load wiiware) will not improve on it unless somebody also improves the compatibility on the cIOS itself.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Etherboss, thank you for advise but current Mighty Channels compatibility is good enough for me, there are just a few titles i'm interested in aren't working — MotoHeroz, Castlevania ReBirth, Art Style series, LostWinds, LostWinds - Winter of the Melodias, Swords & Soldiers, Bonsai Barber & maybe two or three N64 titles. It's much easier for me to install them to the real NAND than trying to make to work uneek or neek2o.

There are only two problems for me in the CFG +MC bundle — some titles are shown as id's & cursor position isn't save on WiiWare title launch.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2ayrek: me too tested these games just for a few minutes. Both LostWinds are incompatible with the Mighty Channels — they are starts but gameplay is corrupted — this was confirmed earlier in this topic by a few more users. If you could run one of them smoothly, please, explain to me how you've done that. Pop & My Aquarium just hangs on startup in my case, how did you got them to work?

To be honest, I'm not sure how I might have gotten them to work. I was doing a lot of tinkering, and testing a whole mess of games. I'll take another look at them as soon as I can, but unfortunately that'll be next week (I left my SD card in my Wii U at my mom's house and can't get to it until then). Perhaps we have different IOS's installed?

In the mean time, I also noticed a small issue with the wiiware//VC titles in CFG. It seems that none of them want to save the settings for the games. Settings still save properly for Wii and Gamecube games, and when I manually edited the file to add settings for a VC game, it still wouldn't load them. I think it might be related to the title ID only being 4 characters rather than 6?
This is an issue because while most games launch fine with d2x v10 beta52 base 56, some games seem to want d2x v10 beta52 base 57. When I change the IOS to load those games with, it will work once, but not save.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've used d2x v10 b52 base 56 for all of my tests and i'll try to change it to base 57 later, thank you for the hint.

UPD - Tested Airport Mania with the base 57 IOS and it's loaded & worked correctly. Have no time today to check other titles. Anyway, as you mentioned above settings for WiiWare games aren't save.

UPD2 - It's also makes sense to try out base 37 & 38 IOSes (245 & 246 cIOS-es in my case)

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Lost Winds works with base 57 (250 d2x v10 b52), LostWinds - Winter of the Melodias works with base 37 (245 d2x v10 b52), same with the Swords & Soldiers. Thank you again, ayrek.

Can't get to work Castlevania, Art Style - ROTOZOA & Motoheroz — base IOSes 37, 38, 56 & 57 are not working — seems like these games are incompatible with the Mighty Channels.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lost Winds works with base 57 (250 d2x v10 b52), LostWinds - Winter of the Melodias works with base 37 (245 d3x v10 b52), same with the Swords & Soldiers. Thank you again, ayrek.

Can't get to work Castlevania, Art Style - ROTOZOA & Motoheroz — base IOSes 37, 38, 56 & 57 are not working — seems like these games are incompatible with the Mighty Channels.
I knew I'd gotten it working somehow! Haha. Glad to help out, a little bit anyway. Perhaps time will bring compatibility with the last few.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No, i've played for 10-15 minutes for each. LostWinds - Winter of the Melodias freeze with the base 57 at some point but with the base 37 works well & i've bypassed the problem place. Maybe it's really needs more tests but i can do this only at the weekend.

UnderChoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does anybody knows if this loader works whit My Passport Essential SE (USB 3.0) 750GB? I want to put ISO files directly into the NTFS partition

Deadvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@oji:
Try this version: http://softwii.de/cfgMod/cfg70r52t1.dol
I have changed the channel detection.
Compatibility should be the same as with Mighty Channels.
appears to fix the issue, but created another problem on my end wile trying your revision.
wile all game titles do appear on screen, nine (unknown) blank titles show up showing no info or reference to the nand backup.

would it be inappropriate of me to ask for the source to review the edits?

ps: my apology for jumping right in without an introduction.
longtime programer & lurker of gbatemp, first time poster lol :P

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
No, i've played for 10-15 minutes for each. LostWinds - Winter of the Melodias freeze with the base 57 at some point but with the base 37 works well & i've bypassed the problem place. Maybe it's really needs more tests but i can do this only at the weekend.
I asked if you had played the games for 30-40 minutes or more! It's no problem playing for a while but it ALWAYS freezes when going to another area at some point after a while.. for example I played for like an hour one time before it frooze on me.

GolekGowalski

Just a random penguin passing by
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't want to sound dumb (although I do...), but does this work on Wii U/vWii? I used CFG for ages, but since I heard from my friend that only Wiiflow works, I switched the loader.

ayrek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFG works fine on vWii. I actually have a single SD card that I use in both my Wii and Wii U, so that I can use the same savegames on both, so the same version of CFG launches on both. You just have to make sure that, if you install a forwarder, its a vWii compatible forwarder. There's a thread full of them in the Wii U hacking subforum.

Deadvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have tested Lost Winds for a more long period and yes, unfortunately, it hangs as mentioned above.

2R2-D2199, could you compile latest dol?
Oji. I will send you the copy i compiled later, if you don't mind.

Edit:
here's my copy http://www.mediafire.com/?8macdhjcdx1gmtd
CFGloader70r52t1. dol
only edits I made personally to this file were changing the buttons and load screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh