arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
arjaylight said:
good day.

i have tried using CFG in my usb drive and it works great but im wondering if it can support disc loading e.g.

DVD:\wbfs\GAMEID.wbfs
DVD:\wbfs\Title [GAMEID].wbfs
DVD:\wbfs\Title [GAMEID]\GAMEID.wbfs
DVD:\wbfs\GAMEID_Title\GAMEID.wbfs

DVD:\wbfs\GAMEID.iso
DVD:\wbfs\Title [GAMEID].iso
DVD:\wbfs\Title [GAMEID]\GAMEID.iso
DVD:\wbfs\GAMEID_Title\GAMEID.iso

would it be possible?
It would probably be possible, but we don't encourage the use of any burnt disc media with the Wii as it is known to lower the lifetime of the laser. There also doesn't seem to be any use to that feature apart from piracy. Both of these are huge negatives when it comes to evaluating new features, so it's extremely unlikely that it will ever be implemented.

thanks for the enlightenment.
smile.gif

will the dump speed increase if IOS58 was used? usb 2.0 speed?

more power to CFG as this is my favorite backup loader. i have tried other loader but i never switched to them.

KiraPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello people,

to anyone that wants the new CFG Usb Loader 62 on channel format, here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?adq2za9har2am24

dont need anything on sd card. CD Covers and Themes need to be downloaded in the program or manually. If you do it manually create a folder on the root of the sd card called "usb-loader" and inside a folder called "themes" and another called "covers". Inside the "covers" folder create 3 folders called "3d", "full", and "disc"
Any other configurations that you want just use the windows configurator for CFG Usb loader v62 from the program developer. Just copy it to the "usb-loader" folder on the root of the sd card and run it from there.

PS: some times when you save the game settings and run the game, it gives a code dump screen. Dont worry, its normal, just wait the 60 seconds and run the program again and the game will run normally
smile.gif

Glad i can help
smile.gif

proggy99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent some time googling and doing searches here and have not found any hints to what my problem might be. Doing a search on "sort" shows an awful lot of people like to use the term "some sort of", so my searching was not very helpful and so I figured I would ask. I recently added the configurable USB Loader to my wii in order to load my games off of an external harddrive. Everything works great except for the way the games are being sorted. I have 64 total games now, with the additions from a couple days ago. 47 of them sort A to Z. Then a smaller subset of 13 of them start over and go from A to Z. And finally a third set of just 4 games goes from A to Z. I can find no reason anywhere in the settings. None are set to favorites. All titles are first letter capitalized, the rest not capitalized. A specific example is that I have the Star Wars Complete Saga, Indiana Jones the Original Adventures, Batman the Videogame, and Harry Potter Years 1 to 4 LEGO games. The folders containing the WBFS files are all titled LEGO_Name [id]. Yet Harry Potter and Indiana Jones are in the first 47, Batman is in the set of 13 and Star Wars in the set of 4.

Any hints or suggestions or outright answers to help me solve this? It is mostly just irritating rather than game breaking, but I would really like to figure it out. Thanks

oh, quick addition problem that I have not searched on yet, but will. The 64th game I loaded is the Nerf Double Blaster game to play with my son. It loads to the title screen and then reboots the wii. It is the first of the 20 or so games I have tested that have caused a reboot, so I will keep that disc handy for now before retiring it to the basement with the others.

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got this going today using ModWii, but I've got a problem. My games can freeze at any given moment and I don't really know what to do. It's happened on Mario Kart, SSBB and Mario and Sonic Olympics.

Any ideas?

snk2

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
KiraPT said:
Hello people,

to anyone that wants the new CFG Usb Loader 62 on channel format, here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?adq2za9har2am24

dont need anything on sd card. CD Covers and Themes need to be downloaded in the program or manually. If you do it manually create a folder on the root of the sd card called "usb-loader" and inside a folder called "themes" and another called "covers". Inside the "covers" folder create 3 folders called "3d", "full", and "disc"
Any other configurations that you want just use the windows configurator for CFG Usb loader v62 from the program developer. Just copy it to the "usb-loader" folder on the root of the sd card and run it from there.

PS: some times when you save the game settings and run the game, it gives a code dump screen. Dont worry, its normal, just wait the 60 seconds and run the program again and the game will run normally
smile.gif

Glad i can help
smile.gif

Thanks, but can you make a channel which uses ios222 as default, for loading from FAT32?
Much appreciated.

D

Deleted User

Some questions =

1) I have a WBFS partition on USB Loader GX; will CFG work with that?
2) Are there any alternatives to the Homebrew Browser where I can download this CFG homebrew directly to my Wii without linking it to a computer and downloading CFG there.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
tigris said:
Some questions =

1) I have a WBFS partition on USB Loader GX; will CFG work with that?
2) Are there any alternatives to the Homebrew Browser where I can download this CFG homebrew directly to my Wii without linking it to a computer and downloading CFG there.

1) Yep, I used that for a long time, but now I converted to fat32(not that it matters)
2) Only if you consider using an older version as an alternative. otherwise, NO!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
proggy99 said:
Everything works great except for the way the games are being sorted.
Did you perhaps set the sort option in config.txt?
Can you send me by PM your /usb-loader/gamelist.txt
(you create that by going to global options and press 2 to save the settings)

justcallmefred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee, I found my problem.When a friend set up my config file he added a line at the bottom....said something like m222 load. I removed it and it seems to be working fine. Is the there a way to make lists?

Also, it doesn't find the cover for the game 'speed' , is there a way to manually add it?

proggy99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
proggy99 said:

definitely did not set the sort option as I did not look at config.txt until I went snooping for this problem.

Tried twice now saving the global options, got the "saving gamelis.txt" and click any button message with no errors and brought hd back to computer and no gamelist.txt file? I set this up a couple days ago using a different harddrive. Set up the new harddrive the same way and just copied the WBFS folder to the new harddrive, setting up the cfg loader files the same way I did the previous one. EASUS shows the drive as primary and active and it is a seagate drive listed on the compatibility chart. Is there maybe a setting somewhere I somehow missed that prevents the wii from writing to the drive without producing an error? Did the SD card somehow get tied to the old harddrive in some way?

My previous harddrive had the same sorting problem, so I just deleted the gamelist.txt file from it and plugged it in to the wii and tried to save gamelist.txt new and it did not write either, even though it got the positive message. So now I am unsure what I have done. I did upgrade to 62 release, but I had the sort problem since the beginning. Almost rules out my thought of the SD card being tied to a harddrive.

According to the global settings screen I am using:

Loader Version 62
IOS 250 (r65535) [FRAG]
Base: IOS?? DI:57 mload v1.0

i am pming you my gamelist.txt from the first hd that i saved before deleting to see if it would write a new one. Thanks for the effort on my behalf, I certainly appreciate it. IN the meantime, I am educating myself further on the behind the scenes stuff in an attempt to trouble shoot it myself a little.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
.44 Magnum said:
I think I've found a graphical glitch in v62. When connecting a wbfs formatted hard drive with no games installed I keep getting a bunch of zeros flashing intermittently at the bottom of the screen. My GUI style is currently set to coverflow 3D but it also happens with any GUI style that uses full covers. The problem is corrected however once at least one game is installed, so it's not a huge issue but I just thought I'd mention it. Also, I've tried all previous alpha and beta versions of v62 and they all have this glitch with the exception of v62a. I'm currently running cIOSX 20b base 56 and cIOS 222 v4 base 38 merged with 37 and have tried the standard and the 222 versions of the loader but the problem persists on both. Thanks very much for all the hard work on this fantastic loader!!
We've known of that glitch for a while, but it seems harmless enough that it hasn't been addressed.

QUOTE(bert02 @ Dec 23 2010, 05:21 PM) iv sort of been keeping up to date with configurable loader and wiis but slowly been losing grip due to minimum internet access until page 714 (last page i bookmarked)
just looking for a few quick answers

whats this new compat and dbg versions?
whats the preffered ios to load the loader with?
is it stable enough to write to ntfs?
compat is for compatibility with certain people that seem to have Wiimote disconnection issues with the new libogc versions.
dbg just sets the debug option to 1 by default so we can help people that can't alter their config.txt for some reason.
NTFS write is stable. You need to set the ntfs_write=1 option to use it.

thanks Dr. Clipper
all is good now

i have noticed v 62 takes a while to load things up and freezes on me occasionally anyone else having this problem??

also how do i add games to certain profiles...? for the life of me i cant find where to go

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
proggy99 said:

Ya i had the same issue i liked it sorting Games that started with The into the T section
smile.gif

but by the norm just like most things it will Skip The and just go by the Next letter ..
But he might be talking about games that are say named THQ Big Beach Bash but on the Wiitdb its Big Beach Bash ..

Proggy99 try putting this in the Config.txt
sort_ignore = 0

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
proggy99 said:
definitely did not set the sort option as I did not look at config.txt until I went snooping for this problem.

Tried twice now saving the global options, got the "saving gamelis.txt" and click any button message with no errors and brought hd back to computer and no gamelist.txt file? I set this up a couple days ago using a different harddrive. Set up the new harddrive the same way and just copied the WBFS folder to the new harddrive, setting up the cfg loader files the same way I did the previous one. EASUS shows the drive as primary and active and it is a seagate drive listed on the compatibility chart. Is there maybe a setting somewhere I somehow missed that prevents the wii from writing to the drive without producing an error? Did the SD card somehow get tied to the old harddrive in some way?

My previous harddrive had the same sorting problem, so I just deleted the gamelist.txt file from it and plugged it in to the wii and tried to save gamelist.txt new and it did not write either, even though it got the positive message. So now I am unsure what I have done. I did upgrade to 62 release, but I had the sort problem since the beginning. Almost rules out my thought of the SD card being tied to a harddrive.

Perhaps it was saved to the SD card and not to the USB HDD, depends on your setup.
It gets saved to the base directory - where config.txt is located, that is shown in the global options.
Where do you have /usb-loader/config.txt, on SD or HDD or both? If both then SD will be used.

proggy99 said:
Loader Version 62
IOS 250 (r65535) [FRAG]

IOS250? How come, is that intentional? (the default is 249)
Have you set ios=250 in config.txt? Or meta.xml?
If it is intentional, it's best to put it in meta.xml.

QUOTE(proggy99 @ Dec 28 2010, 03:00 AM)
i am pming you my gamelist.txt from the first hd that i saved before deleting to see if it would write a new one. Thanks for the effort on my behalf, I certainly appreciate it. IN the meantime, I am educating myself further on the behind the scenes stuff in an attempt to trouble shoot it myself a little.
I got your list.
First let me understand if the sort order in the list you sent me matches with how it is displayed on the Wii (It should)
If yes, then I don't see any problem, only games which start with "The" are not sorted under T but according to the next word in title, this is intentional and can be disabled as Skiller suggested.
If it's not how it is displayed, can you order it the same way as it is shown and send it again, and maybe also send me settings.cfg and config.txt (check both SD and HDD) you can zip that all up and send it by email to oggzee at gmail, or upload it somewhere and send me a link to PM...

proggy99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Perhaps it was saved to the SD card and not to the USB HDD, depends on your setup.
It gets saved to the base directory - where config.txt is located, that is shown in the global options.
Where do you have /usb-loader/config.txt, on SD or HDD or both? If both then SD will be used.

proggy99 said:
Loader Version 62
IOS 250 (r65535) [FRAG]

IOS250? How come, is that intentional? (the default is 249)
Have you set ios=250 in config.txt? Or meta.xml?
If it is intentional, it's best to put it in meta.xml.

I got your list.
First let me understand if the sort order in the list you sent me matches with how it is displayed on the Wii (It should)
If yes, then I don't see any problem, only games which start with "The" are not sorted under T but according to the next word in title, this is intentional and can be disabled as Skiller suggested.
If it's not how it is displayed, can you order it the same way as it is shown and send it again, and maybe also send me settings.cfg and config.txt (check both SD and HDD) you can zip that all up and send it by email to oggzee at gmail, or upload it somewhere and send me a link to PM...

Alright, so consider myself a little more educated. Yes, the gamelist.txt is saving to the sd card and it is in the order that I am seeing the games on screen, which is not the order of the gameslist i sent you. In the hd config file the sort order is by title-asc, but for some reason on the sd card it is set to play_count-asc. That matches since the games that are "out of alpha order" are the ones I have tested since loading up the hd. I do have a config file in both places, but had only been looking at the hd since I saw it there first.

Is there a way to set the sort from within the loader itself, or do you have to do it in the config file? Either way, sort mystery is solved for me, thank you for your efforts.

As to the ios=250, no, not necessarily intentional since I am not sure what effects one has over the other. Should I look into getting it changed to 249? Maybe I tripped up a step somewhere in the tutorial I used.

And any hints on what to do about Nerf Double Blast causing system to reboot at the game title page? It works from the disc. I saw some alt.dol stuff, but nothing anywhere for the Nerf game specifically. My son is loving the game so I would definitely like to get it working from the hd.

winny.uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SeanoRLY? said:
Just got this going today using ModWii, but I've got a problem. My games can freeze at any given moment and I don't really know what to do.

I've also experienced the same thing with Lego Rock Band, the Wii just rebooted itself midway through a game.

I downloaded cfg via modmii and copied it to my fat32 hard drive. Version is 61-222 (release).

Will try to recreate the problem and post back.

btw, have been loving this program for years. Thanks to everyone involved
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v63a (alpha)
cfg63a.dol
cfg63a-222.dol
lang63a.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v63a (alpha)
* Added 2 more slots for waninkoko cios: 245, 246
* Added saving of debug.log and ioshash.txt from global options screen
* Fixed broken title in coverflow mode when no games are installed

Regarding ciosx rev21 Base detection:
WE NEED SOME ASSISTANCE
To detect which base the waninkoko cios uses we have to make table of tmd hashes of the installed cios in slot 249.
This version will write these hashes to ioshash.txt, like this:

# CFG 63a Tue Dec 28 18:07:23 2010
IOS249 r20 Base: 56 rev20
{0xe30acf09, 0xbcc32544, 0x490aec18, 0xc276cee6, 0x5e5f6bab},

Except it will say Base: ?? for r21.

Now I would need someone to install r21 to slot 249 for each base and generate this file and edit the Base: ?? accordingly
The file gets appended each time the debug.log is saved.

Any volunteers?
The work can be split among different people and each does just some bases...
btw in the past WiiPower generated all the hashes for all the bases, but i think the community can do that too.

So to recap this is needed:

1. install ciosx rev21 base 36 to slot 249
2. run cfg, go to global options and select save debug
3. edit /usb-loader/ioshash.txt and change Base: ?? to Base 36

repeat these 3 steps for all available bases.

after finished post the contents of ioshash.txt

good luck and have fun
wink.gif

ps. the slot HAS to be 249!
After we have all hashes for all bases for slot 249, other slots can be calcualted.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the new version oggzee, I will do this now
wink2.gif

Code:
# CFG 63a Tue Dec 28 18:56:47 2010
IOS249 r21 Base: 36