Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
buddy said:
Testing out cfg v63a2 and ciosx21 and I think there are some base/slot issues.
Base 58 only seems to work properly if in slot 249 or 250. If used in 247 or 248, I receive the following when launching a game:
Error: Setting up fragments 0 1
ID Mismatch [gameid]
Error setWBFS -3
Other base's seem to work fine in 247 and 248.
You're right, i can confirm this.
And I did some more testing and there's some more details:
If the loader is started with r21 base 58 then it works, the ios slot doesn't matter.
Of course one has to use ios= option in meta.xml or with wiiload to achieve that.

While if the ios is reloaded from one cios to r21 base 58 then it doesn't work anymore.
That is if one changes the ios setting for a game and starts that game.

But it looks like the -compat version works fine with base 58 even if it has to reload to it.
I have tried some more libogc combination and this reload to ios base 58 seems to be broken with libogc 1.8.4+
Although it might be an cios bug but it is exposed only with newer libogc, it's hard to tell whose fault is it...

QUOTE(buddy @ Dec 29 2010, 02:41 AM) With slot 245 and 246, I can't seem to get any base to work. Whatever base I put into those slots (tried a few differnet ones), returns the following when launching game:
Set_frag: -128
Error setWBFS -128
Fixed in v63a3, thanks for spotting this.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
jesquinas said:
Hi everyone,my name is Javier and I from Spain.I have a doubt about CFG Loader.What does the word [FRAG] mean in the screen loader?
Thx
frag stands for fragments and is the system that allows to use FAT, NTFS and EXT2FS filesystems.

QUOTE(LxTrix @ Dec 29 2010, 02:21 PM) Would updating this loader to the newest version fix a 002 error?
yes, i guess.

highsteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using the CFG Loader v62, but I found something weird when backing up my games.

The game with which I have problems is "Brawl". Once I get a .wbfs backup of the game using CFG and then put it on my computer for processing by "WII Backup Manager" it doesn't work and shows me a bunch of errors related to the "WiiDisc". I was simply trying to convert the WBFS file to an ISO. So I did something else, I did an ISO backup instead with CFG and processed it in "WBM" to convert it as a WBFS, then AGAIN put it back to an ISO (from the WBFS). Using that way, it worked. This probably seems silly, but I was doing this simply to try and pinpoint where the error comes from.

After having the .WBFS files from both ways; CFG(direct wbfs) and CFG(iso) -> WBM(wbfs) I compared the size of both files. Both files had the same EXACT size. So then I went and did a checksum on both files, but unfortunatly the checksums were not the same.
So I was wondering where the error could come from because the CFG .wbfs file errors in the WBM and I prefer generating WBFS files with CFG than generating ISO files. If it's not something wrong in CFG then I am sorry.

FYI: Both .wbfs are working in the WII, and I have a NTFS formatted HD

Thank you.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
highsteve said:
I am using the CFG Loader v62, but I found something weird when backing up my games.

The game with which I have problems is "Brawl". Once I get a .wbfs backup of the game using CFG and then put it on my computer for processing by "WII Backup Manager" it doesn't work and shows me a bunch of errors related to the "WiiDisc". I was simply trying to convert the WBFS file to an ISO. So I did something else, I did an ISO backup instead with CFG and processed it in "WBM" to convert it as a WBFS, then AGAIN put it back to an ISO (from the WBFS). Using that way, it worked. This probably seems silly, but I was doing this simply to try and pinpoint where the error comes from.

After having the .WBFS files from both ways; CFG(direct wbfs) and CFG(iso) -> WBM(wbfs) I compared the size of both files. Both files had the same EXACT size. So then I went and did a checksum on both files, but unfortunatly the checksums were not the same.
So I was wondering where the error could come from because the CFG .wbfs file errors in the WBM and I prefer generating WBFS files with CFG than generating ISO files. If it's not something wrong in CFG then I am sorry.

FYI: Both .wbfs are working in the WII, and I have a NTFS formatted HD

Thank you.

http://gbatemp.net/t188295-wii-backup-mana...t&p=3305604

highsteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Burton said:
Thank you very much! I found out that the .wbfs file created by the "CFG USB Loader" had 7 or 8 extra partitions even if the dumping method is "game-only". I fixed the file by processing it through the WBFS -> WBFS using "Game-only" option in the "Wii Backup Manager". It's seems funny, but it actually removed the extra partitions and now works correctly.

Question: Why isn't CFG removing those extra partitions in SSBB (Brawl)?

JasmineMay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a very new user at the moment I have a forward channel setup to point to the Configurable USB loader on my SD card could some one explain what I would need to do to set this up as a full channel and not use the SD card.

Is there any reason why not to do this ? is there a risk ?

Thanks for your help

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello, thanks for thisloader. Any chance NAND emulation development anytime soon? Or this is already implemented?

MasterMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
JasmineMay said:
I am a very new user at the moment I have a forward channel setup to point to the Configurable USB loader on my SD card could some one explain what I would need to do to set this up as a full channel and not use the SD card.

Thanks for your help
As you can see, CFG team updates it everyday or so, so with a forwarder pointing to the APPS folder on SD, you just need to replace the boot.dol file with a newer one.
But when you have a full CFG channel, you can't do this. You can't even use the builtin online updater. You need to reinstall the whole WAD channel for a newer version. Does anyone rather prefer this way?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I do not know if this has been asked before, but I'll like to know anyway..

With v62 and probably v61 onwards. I notice when I download the covers and place it into the sd:\\ or usb:\\usb-loader\covers it's not reflected unless I download them manually using the "download covers" feature.

Last time, this wasn't necessary
frown.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
Did you try the built-in anti-002 option, first?

Updating is always a good idea...
Anti-002 should only be used if you have a really old version of IOS249 (something like rev11 or lower). It's undoing a patch that used to be included in Wanin's IOS and is thus an Anti-(002 patch) as opposed to an (Anti-002) patch as many people incorrectly assume. THe best way to avoid 002 errors is really just to move up to rev20 or rev21.

JasmineMay said:

Thanks for your help
As stated, full channels are really silly and we don't recommend or make them. You can remove reliance on the SD card, though, if you have a drive that is NOT fully formatted as WBFS. To do this, just put the usb-loader and apps directories on a non-WBFS partition of the drive instead of the SD. HBC will still read the apps if the partition is formatted as WBFS, and the forwarder in the first post will read the apps if the partition is formatted as FAT32 or NTFS.

If your drive is formatted as WBFS, perhaps it's time to switch to one of the better formats. Instructions to trransfer games from a WBFS to FAT partition can be found here.

wimu said:
Hello, thanks for thisloader. Any chance NAND emulation development anytime soon? Or this is already implemented?
This question gets asked and answered a lot: No. We aren't interested in it.

QUOTE(Bloodlust @ Dec 30 2010, 03:57 PM)
I do not know if this has been asked before, but I'll like to know anyway..

With v62 and probably v61 onwards. I notice when I download the covers and place it into the sd:\\ or usb:\\usb-loader\covers it's not reflected unless I download them manually using the "download covers" feature.

Last time, this wasn't necessary
frown.gif
Are you naming the images correctly? If the drive is NTFS, also make sure that they have the correct case as our NTFS support is currently case-sensitive.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
hi all,
i recently got a external hard drive.
My wii is softmodded ad has loaders on it...but they may be older versions.

i was wondering is there anything i need to load the game images from my external hd...or do i just select usb loader from the loaders menu screen?

and what is this on here the usb loadr.. do i need it?

thanks

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@Dr.Clipper : I don't quite get it. I thought the image covers follow the gameID structure?

If I have this game in my wbfs folder : G-Force [RUEE4Q], I will just need to copy the RUEE4Q.png in the "usb-loader/covers" folder right?

The thing is, the covers are downloaded from wiitdb.com with the correct PNG extension and dimensions yet it doesn't show up. It's only when I use cfg to download the covers then only does it appear
frown.gif

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has any kind of list been made yet concerning CIOS 21? As far as what base should be installed to what slot? So many options now can be confusing. I installed rev21 base 57 to slot 249 and everything seems to be working good but is there something i am missing? I first tried rev21 base 58 but seemed to slow loader down considerably. Haven't tried any other combos yet. Just wondering if it has been narrowed down to give most options and best compatibility. Thanks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
@Dr.Clipper : I don't quite get it. I thought the image covers follow the gameID structure?

If I have this game in my wbfs folder : G-Force [RUEE4Q], I will just need to copy the RUEE4Q.png in the "usb-loader/covers" folder right?

The thing is, the covers are downloaded from wiitdb.com with the correct PNG extension and dimensions yet it doesn't show up. It's only when I use cfg to download the covers then only does it appear
frown.gif

As long as you have the right directory, then that should indeed work, for the 2D cover at least (with the others going into the other directories within usb-loader/covers). Check where your files are getting downloaded to by Cfg and confirm that you are locating your file correctly. Also, make sure you have the right ID (Cfg gives you the game ID on the options screen) and aren't trying to download a PAL cover for a US game or something.

QUOTE(bd3319 @ Dec 31 2010, 01:30 AM) Has any kind of list been made yet concerning CIOS 21? As far as what base should be installed to what slot? So many options now can be confusing. I installed rev21 base 57 to slot 249 and everything seems to be working good but is there something i am missing? I first tried rev21 base 58 but seemed to slow loader down considerably. Haven't tried any other combos yet. Just wondering if it has been narrowed down to give most options and best compatibility. Thanks.
Slots mean nothing except giving you extra choices. The bases are the only important thing. I'd say it's still best to stick with base 56 as your main base, with base 57 and base 58 used for compatibility with games that don't work on 56.

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to organize games in categories? Preferably from within the loader. I did find the option of profiles (could be used to have 'categories' I guess), and I made a few profiles in the configurator tool. they show up in the loader, but when I'm in the loader I can't get games subdividede into these profiles.

MasterMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, Dr. Clipper. I think nobody saw what i've posted earlyer. So, what do you think of when we select a game and the game description shows up, we could use UP/DOWN on d-pad to scroll the text? I know it's a minor request, but i like to read infos of games
smile.gif

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
bd3319 said:
Has any kind of list been made yet concerning CIOS 21? As far as what base should be installed to what slot? So many options now can be confusing. I installed rev21 base 57 to slot 249 and everything seems to be working good but is there something i am missing? I first tried rev21 base 58 but seemed to slow loader down considerably. Haven't tried any other combos yet. Just wondering if it has been narrowed down to give most options and best compatibility. Thanks.

I have been using 21 and it is working fine, I have 249 base 56 and 250 base 37.

I only have to use 250 with Monster Hunter Tri.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    F = Freedom units
    +2
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    So... C = Cum units?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Clip units
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, That's how they get bigger loans at the bank.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Welp.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wasn't me
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wasn't me