oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
richiefs said:
Hello
Is it normal that if I convert a scrubbed iso to wbfs then convert it back to iso the two iso are differents (binary comparison).
I just want to be sure that I won't lose anything if I keep my backups as wbfs files and I will still be able to burn them later.
Thank you for your help
Yes, the scrubber fills the unused parts with 0xFF while the wbfs scrubbing fills it with a value of 0x00

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
jefffisher said:
my friend is trying to run a game from sd card fat formatted what does he need to change in the config file? he already tried changing usb to sdhc and that wasnt enough
FAT on SD is not supported.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dvd-guy said:
Cleary, it's not a bad burn, because I'm playing it off USB. I've tried 3 different ISOs, including NTSC and PAL. It's a problem with the loaders or the CIOS and no one seems to care. I have the same problem with GX. In fact, the DVD works fine with Cioscorp, but the loaders cannot play the game with a hard reset. I've tried 222/223, rev13a and rev14. All have the same results. Again, it looks logical that it's a loader issue, because if I just look at the settings screen for the game, it fails to start, but if I simply start it with saved settings, it works the first time only.
Sorry, meant bad dump. I thought you meant the settings screen in-game before. You're actually saying it crashes the loader when you access the settings within the loader? If that's the case, I'd say it's definitely a problem with the way your putting it onto the drive, or possibly a drive incompatibility. There is no reason for this one game to crash in multiple loaders when you are simply accessing the settings. The only thing it even does with the game there is search for alternate dols, so the game on your drive is most likely corrupted.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone who can't use command prompt search Simple Wbfs File Manager. It is very simple to use. Where'd the guy go who made it, he should really put up a thread.....

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Skizzo said:
Well you've said 'much slower', 'noticeably longer' and 'not unbearably longer'. Just a tad bit ambiguous, no? I think most of the comments have been along the lines of 'no difference', or at worst, 'slightly noticeable'. Do some benchmarks.

Looking at my comment again, that IS ambiguous...

I can't benchmark easily (only have 1 HDD, CBF to partition it again) but when quitting from a game in SSBB, the menu music starts instantly with WBFS. With FAT, it takes about 3 seconds. So noticeably longer, but in saying it's not unbearable, I meant it doesn't detract from the game experience.

Is this a limitation with the FAT filesystem that it takes longer? Or maybe my HDD is slow (it's pretty old). Either way, it doesn't bother me, I just noticed it, that's all. The move to FAT has been an EXCELLENT one, especially with the WBFS tool.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
montymintypie said:
Is this a limitation with the FAT filesystem that it takes longer? Or maybe my HDD is slow (it's pretty old). Either way, it doesn't bother me, I just noticed it, that's all. The move to FAT has been an EXCELLENT one, especially with the WBFS tool.
Well, fat does add a tiny bit of overhead, but with my testing it was not noticable then again i did test it on a drive that is new and fast (wd essentials 1tb). Making a proper benchmark is still on my to-do.
Question: when you were running ssbb from wbfs was it with cios 249 or cios 222, because i think the speed difference between these two ioses is more noticable than the speed difference between wbfs and fat using the same ios222.

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
dvd-guy said:
Cleary, it's not a bad burn, because I'm playing it off USB. I've tried 3 different ISOs, including NTSC and PAL. It's a problem with the loaders or the CIOS and no one seems to care. I have the same problem with GX. In fact, the DVD works fine with Cioscorp, but the loaders cannot play the game with a hard reset. I've tried 222/223, rev13a and rev14. All have the same results. Again, it looks logical that it's a loader issue, because if I just look at the settings screen for the game, it fails to start, but if I simply start it with saved settings, it works the first time only.
Sorry, meant bad dump. I thought you meant the settings screen in-game before. You're actually saying it crashes the loader when you access the settings within the loader? If that's the case, I'd say it's definitely a problem with the way your putting it onto the drive, or possibly a drive incompatibility. There is no reason for this one game to crash in multiple loaders when you are simply accessing the settings. The only thing it even does with the game there is search for alternate dols, so the game on your drive is most likely corrupted.
I don't think it's a dump issue either, because I've tried it multiple times and it works on DVD. I didn't mean the loader crashes when viewing settings. It's a bit difficult to explain. If I launch the loader and launch the game, it works the first time from a cold boot of the Wii. If I reset or go back to the System Menu and try to launch it again, it freezes at the safety screen. Now, if I cold boot and instead of launching the game immediately, simply view the settings screen, but not change anything (i.e. verify Anti-002 is on) and launch it, it crashes.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
montymintypie said:
Well, fat does add a tiny bit of overhead, but with my testing it was not noticable then again i did test it on a drive that is new and fast (wd essentials 1tb). Making a proper benchmark is still on my to-do.
Question: when you were running ssbb from wbfs was it with cios 249 or cios 222, because i think the speed difference between these two ioses is more noticable than the speed difference between wbfs and fat using the same ios222.

Mine takes over 5 seconds.
wacko.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
TeenTin said:
wacko.gif
Still no one cares to specify if that is compared to ios222 wbfs or compared to ios249 wbfs. I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist, but no-one seems to bother taking time to make some concrete comparisons of the three methods ios249 wbfs / ios222 wbfs / ios222 fat. So it will have to wait till i get some time to make more proper benchmarking and comparison. Till then such incomplete reports don't help much.
edit: i should add that there is still room for some optimizations which can improve the performance. I will try to do that once i establish what are the actual numbers...

nanashino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had this same issue with wiiflow which is why I switched to Configurable USB loader. It will install a game and the first game will install just fine, but then games I try to install after that will say "3.17gb copied in 0:40:32" or whatever the time/size for that particular game was and then I have to hard reset. When it reboots the game is not copied onto the HDD. Everything that I had on the HDD previously boots fine and this is a great loader (I love how stable it feels) I'm going crazy scouring forums and googling this crap but I seem to be the only person on the face of the earth with this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

You did a GREAT job on this dude.

I've got cios38rev14
WD Mypassport essential 500gb
100gb fat
400gb wbfs
system 4.0

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
To anyone who can't use command prompt search Simple Wbfs File Manager. It is very simple to use. Where'd the guy go who made it, he should really put up a thread.....

I am still here, have just been very busy. A new version will be coming soon. As for it's own thread, I didn't really think about it, being a simple gui for Oggzee's program I figured this was a fitting thread for it, maybe Oggzee will add it to the front page
smile.gif

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
TeenTin said:
wacko.gif
Still no one cares to specify if that is compared to ios222 wbfs or compared to ios249 wbfs. I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist, but no-one seems to bother taking time to make some concrete comparisons of the three methods ios249 wbfs / ios222 wbfs / ios222 fat. So it will have to wait till i get some time to make more proper benchmarking and comparison. Till then such incomplete reports don't help much.
edit: i should add that there is still room for some optimizations which can improve the performance. I will try to do that once i establish what are the actual numbers...
~400 games on WBFS takes about 3-5 seconds with 249 or 222/223 (I can't tell if there is a difference).
~750 games on FAT takes 45-55 seconds without footer drive info, which is why I don't use FAT. Tried on 2 different USB drives: the drives really works hard during that load time. Also, saving the games list when saving global options takes 10-15 seconds.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
charroux said:
~400 games on WBFS takes about 3-5 seconds with 249 or 222/223 (I can't tell if there is a difference).
~750 games on FAT takes 45-55 seconds without footer drive info, which is why I don't use FAT. Tried on 2 different USB drives: the drives really works hard during that load time. Also, saving the games list when saving global options takes 10-15 seconds.
Aha that is just for showing up the list?
Thanks for the detailed report.
Now, one question, do you have an updated titles.txt?
Because one of the problems when showing up the large number of games from FAT is taking the title from each file, now i have optimized that by just using titles.txt, but if the title is not there it will still look up the individual files.
Also in v47 there was added a small optimization (thanks to giantpune) that should speed up reading the title from the individual files.
If you still have all those games installed on fat i would be very interested in knowing if going from 46 to 47 improves showing up the list of games and also if using the latest titles.txt makes any difference.

Posts merged

QUOTE(pccfatman @ Nov 15 2009, 06:31 PM) I am still here, have just been very busy. A new version will be coming soon. As for it's own thread, I didn't really think about it, being a simple gui for Oggzee's program I figured this was a fitting thread for it, maybe Oggzee will add it to the front page
smile.gif
I have added the link to your tool to the front page a couple of days ago.
wink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v48a (alpha)

cfg48a.dol
cfg48a-fat.dol
(or online update)

Changes:

* Profiles - aka multiple favorite groups
option: profile_names = [default], name2, name3,...
(max profiles:10, max profile name length: 16)
Profiles can be added, removed and reordered with this option.
But if you want to rename it, you will need to change the profile
name also in settings.cfg otherwise it will be considered as a new
name and the old one will be forgotten next time you save settings.
Profiles can be switched in the global options screen. Changing a
game favorite setting is done as usual in the game options screen.

* Minor fix to favorites switching in console mode

* Update /apps/.../meta.xml when downloading an update.
So that the correct version is visible in HBC

* Added 'Update titles.txt' to global options screen.
option: titles_url = [http://wiitdb.com/titles.txt]
Can be changed to a localized version like this:
titles_url = http://wiitdb.com/titles.txt?LANG=FR

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dvd-guy said:
Now, if I cold boot and instead of launching the game immediately, simply view the settings screen, but not change anything (i.e. verify Anti-002 is on) and launch it, it crashes.
Rev 13a and rev14 should not need anti-002 to be on. In fact, that could be causing your error. I don't think 222 needs it on either.

@oggzee, a few suggestions for the options:

Can the meta.xml update please be made optional? I have renamed the title within meta.xml so that Cfg sorts to the top of my homebrew list. The new feature means I'll have to edit the file manually after every online update and I'd prefer for it to work the old way, but agree the default should be to update it.

The titles_URL option should probably be modified to accept the {CC} tag. I've already checked US and AU and they both redirect to EN so the default titles URL could be set to: "http://wiitdb.com/titles.txt?LANG={CC}" and it would work with whatever language you have set for your covers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Most these crack sites have dead links anymore or the crack don't even work