Hacking Configurable USB Loader

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
As for a small standard mp3, feel free to suggest some and we might include it in the full distribution (but it must not be a copyirighted work)
I kinda like the idea of offering some default music

But not copyrighted is a major problem.
I don't think you will find much fitting mp3s that way.
Even if the author no longer holds copyright the performer most likely will.
If someone really wants to look I think tracks that were recorded(!) in the 40s or earlier are a good starting point.

I see no reason not to use copyrighted music anyway.
If you can settle for copyrighted music I suggest everyone who wants some default music can search e.g www.jamendo.com for suggestions.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
apprt said:
Ryoku83 said:
I discovered another problem while testing tho. The loader locks up whenever I try to download a new cover straight to my NTFS Drive. It only happens when I load from my HDD, if I put my SD card in and try it saves to the SD card. I have ntfs_write = 1 enabled and I can rip games to my HDD without any problems.

I'm having this same problem.

Do you use cIOSX d2x v4 or v5 or v6 beta ? You may change to cIOSX v21 (Waninkoko's)
or wait d2x v6 final being released in few days.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Slimmmmmm said:
No offense to modmii which I myself think is great and XFlak knows this and has my full support if ever he needs anything. But...You are saying that to check for a new version of the Configurator we should run modmii...from a pc ?
Good point.

What I was trying to say was that most people would have a version of the config editor anyway. So adding a download function for it seperately would be a bit redundant.

I must admit I didn't think of updates. I never bothered updating the config editor myself but I can see how people can find it useful or important.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v69b3 (beta)
cfg69b3.dol
cfg69b3-222.dol
lang69b3.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v69b3 (beta)
* changed option: block_ios_reload = 0, 1, [auto]
'auto' will enable block ios reload if cios is d2x and ver >= 5
'auto' is now the default
* Removed detection of hermes ios installed with pimp my wii
since the hashes were incorrect.

T

TheRealVisitor

Hey oggzee, great job. I don't know what you have changed but games are booting now in no time after hitting "start". Before they took at least three seconds. Also block_ios_reload = auto is a superb idea. Works wunderfull.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Spongeroberto said:
Kudos at getting another release so soon! I wonder though, is it safe to have reload block on at all times?

The auto setting should be, that's why it's the default now. Since the IOS Reload block function is 100% done by the cIOS, it's only relevant for the game in the moment it executes an IOS Reload. No IOS Reload -> no change for the game, IOS Reload -> game is still able to read the "disc".

csummit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I just updated through the program from a much earlier version to the newest beta of configureable usb loader a few minutes ago. I don't remeber the exact version number at this moment and I cannot check it because I am running a download all missing covers and all the HD covers are loading so I think it will be some time before it is done. What I have noticed since this update is that sometimes when the system boot, I have it set up to load directly to it, everything seems to go fine but whne I get into the screen with my games the screen is slightly darker than usual and if I select a game, the game cover does not match the title of the game and the cover goes black and you cannot see the art at all if the wii remote pointer (finger) is very close or on the game. The title of the game, besides being wrong for the cover is half blacked out. If I reboot the system by hitting the reboot button, system loads normal and games are call correct with correct titles and game cover is visable no matter where the pointer is. This has happen to me once or twice in the past with the earlier version, again not sure what that was but it has been at least 4 or 5 months since I updates the loader. Now other times the system boot up completely normal off a power up. Has anyone seen this or know how to correct this. I tried to downgrade the firmware to sever lower versions and released versions intead of beta versions but same problem.

Thanks
Chris

I believe the firmware is 69b3

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The-Magician said:
Is there a need to install cIOSX d2x and which slot an dbase is the best ?
Im using hermes 222 v5 and 223 v4 236b60 and the dx2 in 249 and 250 with the recomended bases from the dx2 thread in their beta 6 forms all is running for me with CFG

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i just wanted to say con grats to clipper and oggzee on 1000 pages of helping people it takes hard work to help so many people m hats off to you guys.

srry to stop the topic

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The-Magician said:
D2X is a vast improvement over older cIOSes.
See the changelog in the D2X topic for an overview.

With this cIOSX and the newest CFG (69b3) or Neogamma you can play almost any game (1 not working reported) without the issues the older cIOSX versions have, no messing around with alt.dols or other settings to make a game work.

Also emunand support and HDD detection is improved..

I prolly missed a few pro's but i think it is safe to say there is indeed a need to install cIOSX d2x.

And if you install it, install it in slot 249, base 56, slot 249 is the most commonly used slot and base 56 supports the most games.
Also install d2x into another slot with base 57 if you have games that need to be run with base 57.

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
The-Magician said:
D2X is a vast improvement over older cIOSes.
See the changelog in the D2X topic for an overview.

With this cIOSX and the newest CFG (69b3) or Neogamma you can play almost any game (1 not working reported) without the issues the older cIOSX versions have, no messing around with alt.dols or other settings to make a game work.

Also emunand support and HDD detection is improved..

I prolly missed a few pro's but i think it is safe to say there is indeed a need to install cIOSX d2x.

And if you install it, install it in slot 249, base 56, slot 249 is the most commonly used slot and base 56 supports the most games.
Also install d2x into another slot with base 57 if you have games that need to be run with base 57.
Is anyone maintaining a list of games that need either base 56 or 57?

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Etheboss said:
This is also the ModMii d2x recommendation:
* cIOS 249 based on IOS 56
* cIOS 250 based on IOS 57
Never had problems with this setup.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Quick question: I'm currently making a theme for CFG, and tried to replace some images in the /resources-Folder (to be specific the stars, cursor and the hourglass, they're the same size and same format). A few months ago I also tried this, and they got replaced. Now they don't. Why is this (I asume they got cache'd) and how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Blue-K said:
Quick question: I'm currently making a theme for CFG, and tried to replace some images in the /resources-Folder (to be specific the stars, cursor and the hourglass, they're the same size and same format). A few months ago I also tried this, and they got replaced. Now they don't. Why is this (I asume they got cache'd) and how can I fix this?
Thanks in advance
smile.gif
The files in resources folder are not touched by the loader, they are there just as examples of what you can put into a theme...
Maybe you installed the full package over your old install or something?
If you're making a theme, note that cfg v68+ allows you to create custom buttons and position them anywhere on the screen, an example of that is the circles theme.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davidw89 said:
What's the latest version? Because on v68 my cursor is gone..
QUOTE(davidw89 @ Jun 9 2011, 01:47 PM) I can't see the wii hand cursor, running the latest version, what can i do?
You can download the newest version on the first page of this topic.
Have you tried resync-ing the wiimote in the Wii system menu first?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/pGLwR2Rz39c?si=yuslB1eXrvGuq8s2