Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
YAAAY my problem is solved!

I found the solution in this link here:
http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1364428

Basically, I kept pressing up when the apple logo showed up. 10 seconds later, it booted!!
Whoops… I completely forgot that saurik added that to Mobile Substrate. It's good to hear that you got your phone working again, and sorry for suggesting an unnecessary restore!

(Also, 69 pages… Tee-hee… :3)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
YAAAY my problem is solved!

I found the solution in this link here:
http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1364428

Basically, I kept pressing up when the apple logo showed up. 10 seconds later, it booted!!
Whoops… I completely forgot that saurik added that to Mobile Substrate. It's good to hear that you got your phone working again, and sorry for suggesting an unnecessary restore!

(Also, 69 pages… Tee-hee… :3)

No worries! I'm just glad I found the answer before I restored. It was a close one too, 2 minutes later and the restore process would have started.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know it was a mobile substrate feature

well, I hope those who get stuck at the apple boot screen come to the solution before they have to restore!

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I still pay attention to the iOS section pretty often. ;) What questions do you have?
I actually found another site already relating to everything I wanted to know. It was about app piracy, basically. :P

But I did have one question that popped up in my head just now. What will happen to my jailbroken iPad once I update to iOS6?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it's best you didn't ask; I don't like piracy discussion in this thread. ;)

For x.0 releases of iOS, your device gets restored (even if you click the "Update" button). A backup should be made beforehand, so your settings and game progress will remain intact. Since it's being restored, you will lose Cydia and any tweaks that are installed as well.

I don't know how/if iOS 6.0 will affect the downgrading exploit for the iPad 2 (and newer devices), so be cautious when upgrading.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it's best you didn't ask; I don't like piracy discussion in this thread. ;)

For x.0 releases of iOS, your device gets restored (even if you click the "Update" button). A backup should be made beforehand, so your settings and game progress will remain intact. Since it's being restored, you will lose Cydia and any tweaks that are installed as well.

I don't know how/if iOS 6.0 will affect the downgrading exploit for the iPad 2 (and newer devices), so be cautious when upgrading.
Wow. Is there any way to avoid having your device being restored when upgrading to a new iOS version? Does it restore because of the sole fact I am jailbroken? I would rather not lose my things because of an upgrade to a new iOS version.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to avoid it. Apple excludes the update code from x.0 releases, whereas releases like 5.0.1 or 5.1 do have code that lets you update regularly.

Again, a backup is made before upgrading to a x.0 release, so you shouldn't lose your game progress, music, app settings, etc. (Of course, you will lose the jailbreak though.)

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to avoid it. Apple excludes the update code from x.0 releases, whereas releases like 5.0.1 or 5.1 do have code that lets you update regularly.

Again, a backup is made before upgrading to a x.0 release, so you shouldn't lose your game progress, music, app settings, etc. (Of course, you will lose the jailbreak though.)
Ohhh I see what you are saying. Whether or not I am jailbroken, the system restore happens with a backup being made prior to restore your data on the new iOS version. It just so happens that through the process, I lose the jailbreak.

You sure know your stuff!

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My iPad is currently jailbroken on 5.0.1 untethered. Is there a way to update to the latest iOS version (5.1.1) and jailbreak it without losing my current apps and cydia data?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you update or restore from a backup (I recommend the latter), your App Store stuff, as well as preferences for Cydia apps/tweaks, will stay intact. Cydia themes, tweaks, etc. will be lost, though.

I'm not familiar with backing up Cydia stuff, so I'm afraid I can't really help you there. Starting off fresh and reinstalling tweaks one by one does help make sure unnecessary tweaks don't bog down your device though. :P (If you purchased something from the Cydia Store, you can redownload it for free.)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
In case some of you are unaware...

(FUTURE) iOS 6 COMPATIBILITY LIST

- iPhone 3GS**
- iPhone 4*
- iPhone 4S

- iPad 2*
- iPad 3 (or The new iPad)

- iPod Touch 4**

LEGEND

* has some functions of iOS 6 not available on device (eg enhanced Siri)
** has many functions of iOS 6 not available on device (eg Maps, Siri, FaceTime via Cellular etc.)

Flyover and enhanced map functions only work on an A5/X device.
Enhanced Siri is only for iPhone 4S and The new iPad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?