Hacking Comparison of 3DS Flash Carts/Features - ON HIATUS (9/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah i think so, quite a few of us have a vested interest in how these flash carts develop and check in on a daily basis. If people are going to start putting money down on any of these carts they need to be clued up. RE the cart teeth, its a small issue for me granted but still an issue. Longevity and reliability come first.
Fair point. Often times people don't have a clue about flashcarts. Of course that doesn't mean they will look at this thread before buying.

Reactions: cateater1

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah i think so, quite a few of us have a vested interest in how these flash carts develop and check in on a daily basis. If people are going to start putting money down on any of these carts they need to be clued up. RE the cart teeth, its a small issue for me granted but still an issue. Longevity and reliability come first.

Exactly, more information is always a benefit for costumers :)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, the overarching goal of this thread in future is to at least get users acquainted with the big wig players. Expect lots of updates when the big firmwares get released.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would like to enjoy that support form that you talk about with the gateway.

You have to ask the right questions, not "OMG WHEN 2.0 BE RELEASED QQ." If I ask the right questions I usually get a response within 48 hours.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good ("fantastic" lol) support = reply on any question. Even if you ask about weather :D
No, good support is helping people with problems they have concerning the product you sell. Answering questions about the weather has nothing to do with support whatsoever.
Don't confuse support with general customer friendliness.

And the questions about Gateway 2.0 have already been asked many times and it's answered to as much detail as possible in the FAQ already, so you can't fault them for answering to every single e-mail about that.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
has anyone asked if online will work now that firmware can be spoofed?

I think it will work if you don't use Gateway mode on the spoofed firmware. As in, play your own purchased games online.

Hasn't the R4 team been really good about throwing updates out for DS flashcarts in the passed? I just want to know I'll keep getting supported if I grab one.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think it will work if you don't use Gateway mode on the spoofed firmware. As in, play your own purchased games online.

Hasn't the R4 team been really good about throwing updates out for DS flashcarts in the passed? I just want to know I'll keep getting supported if I grab one.

Huntereb, you can have a look here:
http://www.r4ids.cn/news.htm

You can get the right answer by yourself.

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone knows if any flashcard can play more than one game? (if somebody already asked that just ignored it and do not swear at me, =D )

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to ask the right questions, not "OMG WHEN 2.0 BE RELEASED QQ." If I ask the right questions I usually get a response within 48 hours.

Ryukouki , Could you please tell me if the GW's emuNANA video was edited or not? sorry don't know if it's a right question :).

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki , Could you please tell me if the GW's emuNANA video was edited or not? sorry don't know if it's a right question :).

You can easily argue that things are edited. Personally, I don't think so. I don't really care for that stuff, truth be told. I'm willing to believe that this team can do stuff, considering they've fulfilled their other promises to this date.

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can easily argue that things are edited. Personally, I don't think so. I don't really care for that stuff, truth be told. I'm willing to believe that this team can do stuff, considering they've fulfilled their other promises to this date.

Thanks for quick answer, just curious, seems Deluxe's video runs smoothly, right?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for quick answer, just curious, seems Deluxe's video runs smoothly, right?

Honestly, I don't recall every itty bitty detail on the top of my head right this moment. When I last watched both vids they seemed fine.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

so If I understand correctly you can spoof the firmware then play a retail game online without the worry of the retail game or system updating the handheld firmware correct?

would roms on the flashcart also work online after spoofing the firmware or is there something else stopping that from happening?

Be warned that a lot of the sites selling in the US, according to the list, are not actually based in the United States. I can guarantee that at least half of that list is really based in China.

what are the recommended sites for buying an r4/gateway for Canadians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work