Hacking Comparison of 3DS Flash Carts/Features - ON HIATUS (9/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so..to close the game you exit from home menu? how does that work on GW i wonder :/
With legit cart i eather turn off the power or home than close, or just close the lid or... is there some special way to turn off 3DS with GW and NOT crash it? :P :)
Closing the lid is fine, and exiting to home menu is fine. Like I said, I don't feel brave enough to risk trying the power button again. You can turn off the 3DS safely by exiting the game first before powering down.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Closing the lid is fine, and exiting to home menu is fine. Like I said, I don't feel brave enough to risk trying the power button again. You can turn off the 3DS safely by exiting the game first before powering down.

I sometimes (with legit cart) just hit power button for 5sec.
I guess i'm going to need to change my habits :P

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
but why would you use blue on 6.x fw when you cant later use red one on that fw? i mean only for DS games, right?
Just testing it. I bought a 3DS knowing that it might turn out to be a later firmware, and it was about net 50 dollars to replace an older console on 7.x. Some part of me still hopes this new console was a 4.x. Now that it isn't, the 6.2 console won't be in use for a bit.

This isn't a bad thing though. I don't want to update or modify the other 4.x console. This at least saves me some problems when they decide to put out more games using the new 7.x encryption keys. I have Pokemon, Powersaves and I buy retail games occasionally, so I'm fine with that. I'm now undecided whether to update it to the latest firmware in case someone found a way to make homebrew and/or hacking work on the 6.2 console. Might be likely that they will create something new...since the blue cart doesn't work.

It will be nice if this 6.x could play DS games, but I am not going to shell out more money for a new cart just for that purpose.

Neglesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys so I updated my 3DS to the latest quite some time ago and I want to purchase a Gateway.

just wondering if you guys think it's worth buying a 3DS XL on 4.1 Firmware for about $240?

Or do you guys think Gateway will work with 7.1+ sometime soon?...

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so I updated my 3DS to the latest quite some time ago and I want to purchase a Gateway.

just wondering if you guys think it's worth buying a 3DS XL on 4.1 Firmware for about $240?

Or do you guys think Gateway will work with 7.1+ sometime soon?...

240 sounds to much. And no, there will not be a 7.1 bypass anytime soon. Go to the 4.5 3ds xl thread for help looking for one at a great price.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/where-to-get-a-firmware-4-5-or-below-3ds-xl.352360/

Neglesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in Australia so this is pretty normal, haha. Apparently on the Gateway site they said they are currently working on a bypass...any idea why it would take so long to accomplish this though?

The bypass they are talking about is for Emunand 7.2 encryption keys, not the system version.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I live in Australia so this is pretty normal, haha. Apparently on the Gateway site they said they are currently working on a bypass...any idea why it would take so long to accomplish this though?
the bypass is referring to the 7.x encryption preventing emunand working properly on 7.2, the console still needs to be on 4.x

super ninja :ninja:

Neglesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The bypass they are talking about is for Emunand 7.2 encryption keys, not the system version.

the bypass is referring to the 7.x encryption preventing emunand working properly on 7.2, the console still needs to be on 4.x

Ahhh okay, now that makes sense, thanks for that. I'm going to try hunt down a 3DS XL because I find my normal 3DS is uncomfortable after a while anyways.

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Whatever it is, I hope this will be sooner than later. I need to transfer out a emunand 7.x to a sysnand 7.x.

Bl00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there any info on Nintendo's upcoming plans against ROMs and flashcards?
7.2 seemed a bit like the beginning of the war and I fear there might be more to come...

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any info on Nintendo's upcoming plans against ROMs and flashcards?
7.2 seemed a bit like the beginning of the war and I fear there might be more to come...
Not really. Firmware updates often affect flashcarts and exploits, and not necessarily because of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: