Gaming Commodore 64 added to the Wii Virtual Library!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm lets see with 20 years of inflation, and the way currency grows in this day i woud have to say not more than about $1 or $2 considering that they are about a few cents on the net now.
lecture.gif

P.S Summer games is supposed to post your world records online, and anyone can challenge each other making it have unlimited replay value.
cool.gif

You can probably pick up a C64 with a big box full of games on ebay for about £20. Nintendo can't charge that much for them. Loads of C64 games are now freeware and the copyright holder has given permission to download them for free. You can then play them legally on the PC.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
You can probably pick up a C64 with a big box full of games on ebay for about £20. Nintendo can't charge that much for them. Loads of C64 games are now freeware and the copyright holder has given permission to download them for free. You can then play them legally on the PC.

If that´s true maybe our discussion is useless and we may get the games for free.
That´s also part of the N strategy, something like: Buy Smash Bros and Mario Galaxy and get this free VC game
wub.gif

morcar

Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
Thats great news for you to play c64 games although i think you should have to pay for them as the games are too old. I was wondering if they would let you plug in DS games in the Wii and allow you to play them but that`s me dreaming.

If i had to pick an old console or computer to play the older games on a Wii I would have to pick the Amiga as it had some awesome titles and would work well with the Wii.

Corizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was so happy about the virtual console, until they announced the prices. Then I was only slightly happy about it.

I am now just as happy as I once was.

You think 5 dollars is too much?
How much do you think is fair to pay?
grog.gif

I would say maybe $2.99 per game for the older games, $3.99 for SNES & Genesis and $4.99 for N64. Then I could see myself buying dozens of games, whereas at the current prices I would be very selective

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can probably pick up a C64 with a big box full of games on ebay for about £20.  Nintendo can't charge that much for them.  Loads of C64 games are now freeware and the copyright holder has given permission to download them for free.  You can then play them legally on the PC.

If that´s true maybe our discussion is useless and we may get the games for free.
That´s also part of the N strategy, something like: Buy Smash Bros and Mario Galaxy and get this free VC game
wub.gif

Free c64 games would be a good idea, as theirs hundreds of them on the legal c64 rom sites. I do hope as well that these games are free. Knowing nintendos fancy wii prices in Europe only the USA will be getting these games free
laugh.gif

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone heard the rumor that cetain portables will be joining the VC lineup?

Well you have now.

(Wonderswan, Neo Pocket, GBC)

The rumor gets better when you consider that the DS and the Wii are alleged to have a "new form of connectivity."

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they should be pretty cheap, especially seeing that many were released at about £2/£3 a game back then.

I'd love to see many systems represented as there are alot of lost classics that people would love, and I would love to see a big screen H.E.R.O with the C64 graphics.

Cant see why Amiga games cant be ported over either, you dont need the kickstart ROM for a port.

I wonder if someone would do an old fashioned crappy joystick that sticks all the time and fudges up your hand.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think they should be pretty cheap, especially seeing that many were released at about £2/£3 a game back then.

I'd love to see many systems represented as there are alot of lost classics that people would love, and I would love to see a big screen H.E.R.O with the C64 graphics.

Cant see why Amiga games cant be ported over either, you dont need the kickstart ROM for a port.

I wonder if someone would do an old fashioned crappy joystick that sticks all the time and fudges up your hand.

Hopefully the wii will support other pads via an adapter. I've got one of the old competition pro joysticks for the PC. This has been made so its USB idea for retro games. Hopefully you should be able to use the old nes, snes pads and megadrive pads. All the games for the c64 wern't £2/£3 that was only the budget titles. The budget titles started off at £1.99 then increased to £2.99. The more expensive games were £7.99 and the game complilations were £9.99. The expensive games later went to £9.99. When the c64 was at the end of its life the expensive games were put on budget for £2.99. Wild Bunch for the spectrum was the best £1.99 I ever spent on a game. Shame it was never released on the c64.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hopefully the wii will support other pads via an adapter. I've got one of the old competition pro joysticks for the PC. This has been made so its USB idea for retro games. Hopefully you should be able to use the old nes, snes pads and megadrive pads. All the games for the c64 wern't £2/£3 that was only the budget titles. The budget titles started off at £1.99 then increased to £2.99. The more expensive games were £7.99 and the game complilations were £9.99. The expensive games later went to £9.99. When the c64 was at the end of its life the expensive games were put on budget for £2.99. Wild Bunch for the spectrum was the best £1.99 I ever spent on a game. Shame it was never released on the c64.
Oh I know all werent in that price range, I remember going to buy some of the later Dizzy games and being pissed off that the price was jacked up so much. I also remember that the cheaper ones were better. I couldnt afford them (as back then children didnt get so much) so I had my mates dad (who owned a shop) make copies with his double tape deck, ah memories!

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The c64 games are actually going to be about a dollar, but im only going to buy them if their visuals are updated since that's all it needs. The latest issue of nintendo power shows a way better looking impossible mission
cool.gif
, so if the wii games get this also i wouldn't mind paying abit for real good games of the past. I heard leaderboard is going to be there for the release of the wii, and here's a bit of trivia what system had the best version of california games to date?

P.S Anyone remember bop n rumble how the hell do you kick out anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: