Coffee!

How do you take your coffee?

• I don't.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Instant

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • Filter machine

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • Pod machine (Keurig, Nespresso, other)

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Espresso

• Filter - manual (pourover, etc.)

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Other: moka pot, aeropress, siphon brewer, cezve, phin, a pot, that sock looking thing...

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Milk

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • No milk

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Sugar

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • No sugar

• Flavorings (syrups, spices, other)

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Light - medium roast

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • Dark roast

Votes: 31 25.0%

• Total voters

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went to Trader Joe’s and found this at the check out stand.

View attachment 409374

Really nice in my coffee. I got the biggest mug we have, poured coffee in there, then plopped this stick in there. Stirred it up until the rocks dissolved. Then I went outside for a toke and I came back to sweet, cinnamony, goodness. No milk, Know milk.
Curious what you paid for 'em, 'cause cinnamon sticks have gone up a lot on the spice aisles.

anjanimal

33°C 🫠
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
IMG20240228122734.jpg

What a beauty.

Reactions: Veho and GeekyGuy

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I still stand firmly behind Folgers instant coffee and flavored liquid creamer.

Drip coffee (Including Keurig) just comes out so muddy tasting by comparison, and lacks the punch I expect in my coffee.

I drink about 1 to 2 cups per day, but that's my limit. Otherwise it gets expensive and I don't want stomach ulcers, lol.

• Wow
Reactions: BigOnYa

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still stand firmly behind Folgers instant coffee and flavored liquid creamer.

Drip coffee (Including Keurig) just comes out so muddy tasting by comparison, and lacks the punch I expect in my coffee.

I drink about 1 to 2 cups per day, but that's my limit. Otherwise it gets expensive and I don't want stomach ulcers, lol.
Then you're doing it wrong.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Skill issue :tpi:

There are ways to mitigate that but they require you to play around with the coffee type and the grind and filters and ratios and so on, so it might not be worth the effort.

Coffee is "muddy" if the ground coffee has too much fine particles that manage to get through the filter. You'd need a coarser grind, and a more consistent grinder and maybe a sieve. If it lacks the punch it's down to coffee to water ratios, brewing times etc. Usual drip coffee recipes result in a milder brew but you can kick it up if you want.

But is it worth the hassle if all I need is a quick dose of BRAIN JUICE? Nope :tpi:

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I went to Europe they had little complimentary coffees at the airport in Reykjavik, Iceland.

That one cup of coffee was probably the best cup I'd ever had in my life.
Over the next two weeks I probably drank two dozen coffees in Germany, Austria, Belgium, and other countries. They were all so rich, flavorful, and subtle. I never once had a cup I didn't like.

And it took a very long time to get used to shitty American coffee again.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I went to Europe they had little complimentary coffees at the airport in Reykjavik, Iceland.

That one cup of coffee was probably the best cup I'd ever had in my life.
Over the next two weeks I probably drank two dozen coffees in Germany, Austria, Belgium, and other countries. They were all so rich, flavorful, and subtle. I never once had a cup I didn't like.

And it took a very long time to get used to shitty American coffee again.
"Shitty American coffee" doesn't actually come from America. You do know that, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright