Hacking Codename Steam update on gateway

imreedeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I recently update my 3DS to be able to download updates from games, I tried pokemon and it worked perfectly when playing with a friend (downloaded the update in gateway emunand, and the update worked with the original game in sysnand :D )

But now I'm trying to find the codename steam update on the eshop and i cant find it. Do I need to download this update when launching the game? (I dont have the game on my gateway yet), and in that case, Is it safe to download and install game updates this way? (i know it's risky to update emunand this way)

PD:My nands are still linked, i guess this is the reason why the pokemon update worked on sysnand. I don't know if this is good or bad to be honest.

Also, maybe the update IS in the eshop but i couldn't find it. But i don't think that is the case.

imreedeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Also, if someone on USA eshop can confirm if the update is/isn't in the eshop it would be great, i tried searching "update" and "code" but i only found the video trailer for the update =/ (and updates of other games)

Wich is weird, since Nintendo says the update should be in the eshop

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...id/14542/~/how-to-update-code-name:-s.t.e.a.m.

Maybe i need to play the game before searching for the update?

imreedeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
you should try to run the game before looking for the updatre, if there is an update you get prompted

But, is it safe to download it that way?, I know it is risky to update the nands when launching a game, so i dont know if updating tha game when you launch ir is any different. (Specially since my Nands are still linked)

Another option is to download the update in CIA form.

I haven't used a single CIA on my 3DS and I'm trying to avoid them D:

imreedeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
And i thought i was alone in this world. Glad to see that someone else thinks that pressing select in emuNAND is far more convenient than CIA installation!

It isn't just that, i think most brick reports i've seen are people messing with CIAs, since im poor and i cant afford another 3DS i just try to avoid that risk. (That is the reason of this thread, I'm "scared" of updating the game when you launch it without knowing if it's safe :P )

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game update just opens the eShop page to download the game update, not a system update. But if you're not on the latest System Software version, it'll prompt you to update that first, before allowing you access to the eShop.

The only difference between getting a game update off the eShop and installing a CIA version of it is the signature. If you're using an unlinked emuNand, then you're already disabling signature checks, so there really isn't an issue. The only way to reap any benefit would be if your emuNand and sysNand are still linked, AND the game you're updating runs on sysNand, AND you plan to play the game on sysNand. That's pretty much it.

The only CIAs that can possibly cause a brick of a system are System applications installed to sysNand. If you mess up and install something into emuNand that causes problems, you can always restore your emuNand from a backup, or recreate it from sysNand. Game updates cannot cause a brick, they only alter the title they apply to. At worst, they could prevent the associated title from running, if you installed an unsigned CIA update and tried to run the title without a signature patch.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is no sight of the EU rom - I just can't find it nowhere. Am I to stupid? : (

Not asking for the ROM here, just want to know if I'm the only one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up