Cloud-based games for Switch - Wondering why we can't work around this?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the Kingdom Hearts collection as an example, I was just wondering why there isn't a way for us to dump the actual games, themselves, and patch them for offline play without being connected to an always-on connection and having it streamed to our devices.

Please don't just immediately attack me. I'm pretty good with modding and homebrew, but I am just curious as to how this works. One of the main complaints I've seen about it is that if you don't have a magnificent connection speed, using an ethernet cable, you wind up with a glitchy or laggy game because it is being sent to your Switch from Nintendo's servers. The content HAS to be available somewhere for them to even be able to stream it.

I am certain there are hundreds of people here much smarter than me, who understand this better than I do. Could you provide some insight into this? Do you think we'll ever be able to play these online-only games offline?

I appreciate any responses.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those games are cloud based so they are stored on remote server and streamed to the switch.
I understand. Which means that the game files exist somewhere on Nintendo's servers.

The scene has already completely broken Nintendo's security on multiple previous consoles. We've had access to literally freely download everything that existed on both the Wii and the 3DS, for example.

I was wondering if it would ever be possible for us to dump the actual game data FROM their servers and patch it to where it could be used offline, for those of us with a banned Switch.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand. Which means that the game files exist somewhere on Nintendo's servers.

The scene has already completely broken Nintendo's security on multiple previous consoles. We've had access to literally freely download everything that existed on both the Wii and the 3DS, for example.

I was wondering if it would ever be possible for us to dump the actual game data FROM their servers and patch it to where it could be used offline, for those of us with a banned Switch.

There is no known method of obtaining game data directly from Nintendo server.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the Kingdom Hearts collection as an example, I was just wondering why there isn't a way for us to dump the actual games, themselves, and patch them for offline play without being connected to an always-on connection and having it streamed to our devices.

Please don't just immediately attack me. I'm pretty good with modding and homebrew, but I am just curious as to how this works. One of the main complaints I've seen about it is that if you don't have a magnificent connection speed, using an ethernet cable, you wind up with a glitchy or laggy game because it is being sent to your Switch from Nintendo's servers. The content HAS to be available somewhere for them to even be able to stream it.

I am certain there are hundreds of people here much smarter than me, who understand this better than I do. Could you provide some insight into this? Do you think we'll ever be able to play these online-only games offline?

I appreciate any responses.
The games are not running on the Switch at all to begin with. These cloud versions are just the switch connecting to a copy of the game running elsewhere on the devs servers. That is being streamed to you.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

even if you could dump it, the games are not running on switch hardware, they are pc games being streamed over, so you getting the files does nothing for you, i dont think you know what cloud games are, even if you dump them, you could never rn them on a switch since the game is not compatible with it.

imagine this your playing a 8k game on your gaming laptop, and you stream the game to your phone, your phone can control the game and you can see the game, but the game is not running on your android/ios phone, its running on your windows computer.

Streaming means only sending the video signal to your device and reading inputs from your device and send them back to your computer, then your computer puts those inputs in the game running on the computer itself and then repeats all over again.

What would it matter getting the files? its just streaming so the switch cant do crap with the files.meanding you would need a compatible computer to stream them and the software to stream to switch aswell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...