BCT182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

After getting my feet wet modding the NES Classic edition a buddy and I decided to mod a couple of OGXBOX's. we have successfully softmodded both, installed 250gb hard drives in both, and cloned them using chimp. Now here is the fun part.....

We are both Mac users, so I dug out a laptop that's been in my closet for years to do all of this. It runs windows XP but I have managed to ftp in just fine and load stuff onto the Xbox.

We had kinda figured we would build up mine first, and then ftp into his after and mirror what I've done with mine. As it turns out, my old school laptop is painfully small and has very little storage. Every time I download a ROM pack, ISO or anything else I have to ftp it onto my Xbox and delete it from my laptops hard drive before downloading the next item.

So everything we have downloaded for mine will have to bedownloaded onto my laptop again before we can load it onto his.

We ordered identical hard drives, though his Xbox is 1.5 or below and mine is a 1.6, and again we have already softmodded both.

One I have completely setup mine, could we remove his hard drive and clone mine the same way we cloned them when upgrading? Could I overwrite what's currently on his? Would I have to format it first or unlock it?

Any advice is appreciated and my buddy will really appreciate it! Also please dumb it down, prior to the NES hack I've never been a computer guy but everyone here has been super helpful and great with that.

BCT182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would that require me to do individual files one at a time? I don't mind re-removing the hard drives if it can be a set it and forget it type of thing.

If I must ftp them into each other would it be drag and drop or copy and paste?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Would that require me to do individual files one at a time? I don't mind re-removing the hard drives if it can be a set it and forget it type of thing.

If I must ftp them into each other would it be drag and drop or copy and paste?
Just copy and paste everything to the other xbox.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ew filthy mac users...

If you have already done any iso extraction and bothering on a PC for the one xbox and doing fxp (what I presume is the one to another thing linked, at least it was back when) is not for you then most OSes, even those as feeble as Apple's offerings, have FTP clients. Indeed filezilla, generally considered good stuff, has an OSX version https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=osx
I don't know what you would have done as far as partition layout and files used but games, homebrew, music, films... would all be just files as far as it is concerned. Some aspects of dashboards may get tricky but if you have done the mod already then hopefully you have a dash you can go with.

Theoretically you could clone drives fully, making sure to use the appropriate eeprom.bin to relock drives (assuming you are not going to migrate to a chip or TSOP) but frankly FTP is probably the easier route. Were you doing more than two drives/xboxes I would say go for it but time and effort savings for cloning would probably be minimal for this.

BCT182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to show how little I understand all of this...

I have one Ethernet port on my laptop, and each Xbox only has one so how could I connect all three together?

I have no plans for a chip or TSOP and I don't believe my buddy would be either. Would I have to lock and unlock both drives, or only the one getting cloned?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I'm about to show how little I understand all of this...

I have one Ethernet port on my laptop, and each Xbox only has one so how could I connect all three together?

I have no plans for a chip or TSOP and I don't believe my buddy would be either. Would I have to lock and unlock both drives, or only the one getting cloned?
Connect them to your router.

Reactions: BCT182

BCT182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Connect them to your router.

Oh my gosh I can't believe I made it this far!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So right now all their network settings are identical. So would I change the address of Xbox #2 and create another network location on my PC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1