9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ejaykn said:
Well I had an experience. I used real time save a few times and at one point actually RTS'd in the church and loading that real time save would cause the game to freeze when talking to someone or exiting the church. I've never had any RTS problem anywhere else, just a random problem or anyone else had a RTS file loaded that would freeze the game.
I haven't encountered that one.

isamux

Trophies
XP
Country
Just putting my experience here too, I also have a DSTWO and have had ZERO issues. I play using the clean version. I'm not sure if the DSTWO patches the game or not, there's no option that I've seen to enable/disable that. The usual church saves have never failed me, I've tried using the FREE CHEAT and it works, but when I over do it, it causes some weird glitches until I reset or it freezes. I've also tried the realtime save and it did work then at one point I loaded one and it just froze, the map showed up and my peeps were outside the map, the bottom screen showed nothing (sometimes white screen, sometimes purple), I just loaded up a different save and then it's fine (that was about 6 hours in). Now I'm almost 9 hours and have no issues with cheats, saves(RTS/Church), nothing. It's great!

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can any of you guys find a .sav file for your game? Mine seems to have disappeared.

Also, can any of you get access to DQVC? I always get some error code during the "Downloading data" screen and I don't think my router is the problem.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
coattails said:
Can any of you guys find a .sav file for your game? Mine seems to have disappeared.

Also, can any of you get access to DQVC? I always get some error code during the "Downloading data" screen and I don't think my router is the problem.
I have no problems accessing DQVC, so it's probably not the flashcart itself.

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
9th_Sage said:
coattails said:

I have no problems accessing DQVC, so it's probably not the flashcart itself.

Is your rom trimmed? I'm using a trimmed clean release with no cracktro and it doesn't seem to work. I'm thinking that trimming the rom removed some of its wi-fi capability but I can't test out since there is no DQIX .sav on my SD for some reason.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coattails said:
Is your rom trimmed? I'm using a trimmed clean release with no cracktro and it doesn't seem to work. I'm thinking that trimming the rom removed some of its wi-fi capability but I can't test out since there is no DQIX .sav on my SD for some reason.

Why do you even bother trimming? Yes, to save a few megabytes here and there. Or quite a sizeable amount of megabytes. But in the end, you run into a problem: they don't always work.

I'm using a clean rom (not patched, not trimmed, not hex-edited, etc, etc) and it has run 100% for me in both CLEAN and PATCH mode. I use CLEAN mode because I keep telling myself that it uses less resources, and therefore a longer battery life. I tell myself this because, in PATCH mode, the card has to be listening for the hotkey combo to be entered, which means it scans every input. Power is needed for this.

Err, sorry about that. In any case, I created the .sav file when the game was running in PATCH mode. I am 10 hours in, so if there was anything that would cause it to stop working, I would've run into it by now.

Boozie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly certain RTS/RTL isn't working. It lets me load the save but it freezes if I try to do anything. Exit zones, open menu etc. This has happened 5/5 on various real time saves I've tried.

Dj_Qbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rts and rtl works fine for me. Ive been playing for over 12 hours and haven't experienced any problems.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
coattails said:
I'm using an untrimmed ROM dumped fresh from my very own cartridge (that way I know it's 100% good and also not patched in any way).

Boozie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys know if using cheats for the usrcheat.dat file or whatever it's called will break your connectivity with the DQVC or other players multiplayer or tag mode?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boozie said:
Do you guys know if using cheats for the usrcheat.dat file or whatever it's called will break your connectivity with the DQVC or other players multiplayer or tag mode?

Using cheats in Multiplayer Mode will break off your connectivity with other players. Even trying to use the Real-Time Menu will break your connectivity as well.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am r4ymond said:
Boozie said:

Using cheats in Multiplayer Mode will break off your connectivity with other players. Even trying to use the Real-Time Menu will break your connectivity as well.

really? which is the cheat? would keen on knowing it...

i am pretty sure real time menu breaks connecitivity
this is not only the case of DQ9 but also other games

Boozie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I meant in regards to if I use a cheat in single-player, will my save file be broken to the point that I can't connect to other people/online store afterwords.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speedcum
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean what would you really need that fast for tho, 500mb streams 4k fine. 1gb should be fine for 8k eventually. That's what I just switched to Spermrum.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I was funny to have both networks running lol
    It was cheaper lol
    The only reason I switched was $$$
    Might have only been like 7 bucks but thats like 84 dollars at the end of the year lol
    840 dollars after 10 years
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope I can be rich enough to pay all bills annually someday
    +2
    Not that I will save the money, rather I will just spend it on other crap lol
    lol just do autopay it's as lazy as it gets
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 tell uremum to start charging, then you keep the money
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I charge your wife rent at this point
    +1
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!